Post-Game Talk: Game 4: The Todd ReirDONE Capitals VS Ex Coach Who Won The Breakup & His NY Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Can’t say enough good things about Ovechkin. He’s lost a step and can’t dominate games like he used to but he has carried this team for his entire career and this series is no different. 4 goals in 4 games will do just fine.

Jensen once again showed why he’s a really good shutdown defenseman. Rarely makes a mistake in his own zone and has been more active in breakouts as time has gone on. He makes a lot of really subtle moves in the D zone that neutralizes forechecks. Kind of puzzling that he was on the third pairing to start the series after his strong end to the regular season.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Can’t say enough good things about Ovechkin. He’s lost a step and can’t dominate games like he used to but he has carried this team for his entire career and this series is no different. 4 goals in 4 games will do just fine.

Jensen once again showed why he’s a really good shutdown defenseman. Rarely makes a mistake in his own zone and has been more active in breakouts as time has gone on. He makes a lot of really subtle moves in the D zone that neutralizes forechecks. Kind of puzzling that he was on the third pairing to start the series after his strong end to the regular season.
He is amazing. He continues to find new ways to be effective.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

Is it Surprising? TR has used every possible D pairing this series hoping something works

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Jensen was on the 3rd because Kempny was with Carlson. Plain and simple. I have not been able to watch these games so far. Is Kempny scratched or injured?

Meanwhile, Orlov gets back on the left side. How was that compared to the right? Koken post game singled that out.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
where are half the posters from game 3?

In bed now. I figured they'd find a way to win this one pregame, then lose the next one.

I think the Isles pulled a full Trotz turtle in the first, and then throughout the second weren't able to get back on the gas. It got us going and then I think we finally played with desperation. I also liked the offensive change they did with the circling (similar to how they operate at 3 on 3). Will be interested to see if it continues in game 5 or if it was just luck.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Jensen was on the 3rd because Kempny was with Carlson. Plain and simple. I have not been able to watch these games so far. Is Kempny scratched or injured?

Meanwhile, Orlov gets back on the left side. How was that compared to the right? Koken post game singled that out.
Kempny appears to be a scratch.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I’m totally ok with the team just pulling a mutiny on Reirden and coaching themselves here on out. That first period is enough to confirm without a doubt that he has no influence on anybody
Or it showed that the problem all along has been execution and effort. I honestly am not sure.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Too little too late.
As usual...
giphy.gif

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
Or it showed that the problem all along has been execution and effort. I honestly am not sure.

Ovechkin commenting in postgame that the key was deciding to play "more simple" sure sounded like they were abandoning any of the strategy they'd been trying for the first 3+ games. Maybe it was just a cliche response but I'm not sure why the effort would have suddenly kicked in at that particular point.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Ovechkin commenting in postgame that the key was deciding to play "more simple" sure sounded like they were abandoning any of the strategy they'd been trying for the first 3+ games. Maybe it was just a cliche response but I'm not sure why the effort would have suddenly kicked in at that particular point.
Actual desperation maybe...

Interesting comment tho. Didn't see the pressers. Will have to watch 'em later.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010

Kuzy said something similar. Looks like they abandoned whatever shit system Reirden was forcing and just played to their strengths.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
How has Orlov been ? Is it fair to say he’s reaching a top def pair level ?

I'd personally say he'd be a number one defender on most teams in the league. He is just getting better and better every year it's incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino