Post-Game Talk: Game 4: The Todd ReirDONE Capitals VS Ex Coach Who Won The Breakup & His NY Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Randyoms
I agree with Locker and think Dillion had a good game.
Jensen was clearly unleashed - very active in the O zone
Kovy is not suited for the bottom 6. Not sure top 6 either.
It looked like the Isles took some lumps. Oshie crushed someone in the first.
Cry me a river that Clubberbutt missed time.
Loved the Orlov open ice hit late in the 3rd. We barely see those in the No Hit League.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
But, as always, he needs to take less penalties.

He is big and gangly... it looks like he is still adjusting to the east coast time zone. It's probably not easy coming east and playing vs all these small punk ass speed demons.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
He is big and gangly... it looks like he is still adjusting to the east coast time zone. It's probably not easy coming east and playing vs all these small punk ass speed demons.

Perhaps, but he was already one the league leaders in PIMs before he joined the Caps.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Also. Extremely solid game by holtby. Real tough break/great deflection on first goal. 2nd goal was meh. Then he shut it down. 10+ big saves after that.

Reactions: um

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
superstar.gif

Krzysztof Oliwa Endorsed

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Perhaps, but he was already one the league leaders in PIMs before he joined the Caps.

True, but that is also why I liked the pickup. He isn't fun to play against. But it seems like no matter what players we have, we have led the league in taking penalties for a decade. I need to see that bar chart again. Maybe it was just playoffs. Pitt of course consistently gets gifted the most PPs.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Koken talking up D handedness. He said Orlov wanted to play on the right side but likes Gudas in the lineup and Orlov at LD

Last edited:

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Another spin on the Evgeny Kuznetsov experience. Dominant performance. So frustrating when a guy has that type of ability but his effort level depends on what side of the bed he gets out of.

That being said, I now expect him to oversleep and completely miss Thursday’s game
That would be strange, considering his career to date would indicate he's much more likely to follow up with another strong game. It's confidence. Maybe effort a little bit, but it's easy to look listless when you're out of sync and easy to be fully engaged when you're not.

Koken talking up D handedness. He said Orlov wanted to play on the right side but like Gudas in the lineup and Orlov at LD
There's no need for Orlov on the right when you have #1 defenseman Nick Jensen there.

Reactions: RandyHolt

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
I’m totally ok with the team just pulling a mutiny on Reirden and coaching themselves here on out. That first period is enough to confirm without a doubt that he has no influence on anybody

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Didn’t realize clutterbuck got hurt. But a near 3 minute shift followed by a Gudas open ice hit would probably kill most people

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad