Post-Game Talk: Game 4: The Todd ReirDONE Capitals VS Ex Coach Who Won The Breakup & His NY Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Fine with it ending tonight. It's not going to stifle my enjoyment of watching playoff hockey like it would in other years, and I'd much prefer the Caps go out quietly into the good night than watch them win two games, suck me back in a little, only to lose in Game 6 or 7. This summer (fall?) is going to be interesting. Plus, it's hard to be too upset when they've gotten worked by the Islanders... this series hasn't even been close.

What's our draft slot if/when we lose in R1? Are we in the teens?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Think I'm getting a little complacent after watching championships in back to back years with the Capitals and Nationals. Can't win a championship every year. If we did, then we would become Boston and we definitely don't want that.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
What's our draft slot if/when we lose in R1? Are we in the teens?
Still between 25 and 27 unless there are special provisions differing from normal years. I assume it's the usual setup and the play-in stuff doesn't change anything. Since they won their division they'll be after everyone with the exception of the conference finalists and perhaps BOS/STL. If BOS/STL both reach the conference finals it pushes them back to 27.

But if they're not careful this will be the end of that for a while. Not too look too far ahead but in the division only NJD really needs to make a jump up in competitiveness. Everyone else could make a push for a playoff spot next season. Of course, some high picks wouldn't be the worst thing but it likely signals the downfall of the core.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Still between 25 and 27 unless there are special provisions differing from normal years. I assume it's the usual setup and the play-in stuff doesn't change anything. Since they won their division they'll be after everyone with the exception of the conference finalists and perhaps BOS/STL. If BOS/STL both reach the conference finals it pushes them back to 27.

But if they're not careful this will be the end of that for a while. Not too look too far ahead but in the division only NJD really needs to make a jump up in competitiveness. Everyone else could make a push for a playoff spot next season. Of course, some high picks wouldn't be the worst thing but it likely signals the downfall of the core.

Did they win their division though? I assumed seeding during the round robin would contribute to draft position. They're a 3-seed bounced in the first round so I would think 18-22 sounds more accurate... 25-27 for a team bounced in the first round seems very low to me.

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
These guys would probably rather be home with their families and I can't say that I blame them. No way this drags on another few days.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
i bet 20 bucks on the isles... pay me off and get out of my sight

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
200.gif

Reactions: searle

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I bet they'll choke out one win, enough to give the front office and the media reason to play the "Todd just needs more time, corona really screwed them" completely ignoring how awful they were after December pre-rona.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I bet they'll choke out one win, enough to give the front office and the media reason to play the "Todd just needs more time, corona really screwed them" completely ignoring how awful they were after December pre-rona.

This has been my thinking. It's difficult to sweep an NHL series and an intensity letdown is likely for the Isles. I expect a win tonight and some false hope.

3-2 Caps

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Apparently Backstrom is a game-time decision, so I assume they rush him back in an attempt to save the series.

Oh, and the rookie who played solidly apparently gets the boot. Full veteran we go.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Hoping for a good game by Holtbeast. Would like his last one to be a good one. Please don't rush Backstrom back, infact if Carlson is still hurt, don't bother with him either.

My biggest concern is honestly getting to the offseason and thinking this is more a roster issue than anything else. Not only do we not have a lot of wiggle room, but it won't matter replacing a couple guys, this system is broken. Either TR has an awful system, he can't teach/communicate his system, are the players don't respond to him. Either way the coaching staff needs to be replaced.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Apparently Backstrom is a game-time decision, so I assume they rush him back in an attempt to save the series.

Oh, and the rookie who played solidly apparently gets the boot. Full veteran we go.

I dont get this. Game 3 was our best defensive effort. Why take out Fever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->