Post-Game Talk: Game 4: The MSL OT Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Fast doesn't contribute much offensively but he's not a defensive liability at all. Why not roll a fourth line of Fast-Boyle-Dorsett if Stepan can't play?

Don't really trust Lindberg right now.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Fast doesn't contribute much offensively but he's not a defensive liability at all. Why not roll a fourth line of Fast-Boyle-Dorsett if Stepan can't play?

Don't really trust Lindberg right now.

I think AV might want keep Boyle on the wing as he is a mismatch to the Canadiens. So by playing Lindberg would allow him to do that. That's all I can see why he would not play Fast if Stepan can't go

BarbaraAlphanse

If Stepan is out next game, I'd go with Fast even if Miller was available. The Rangers top 3 lines can get it done. We need that 4th line to be defensively aware and Fast has proven he is capable of that.

I'm not having Lindberg play his first NHL game in the playoffs. This isn't Kreider.

It's a toss up for me, personally. If you were to tell me that Fast was playing in that spot, I wouldn't mind in the slightest. But Lindberg, to me, is going to turn into a younger version of Dominic Moore. Whether he has that effect at this stage in his career remains to be seen, but that's the type of roll he can play, and we all know how successful that line was with Moore on it.

Fast is kind of just there, on that line. Lindberg might make it as good as it was when Moore was on it, although being that it would be his first game, he'd be extremely prone to nerves and such (most likely) and thus a higher risk.

BarbaraAlphanse

Now that I think about it, I'd go as far to say that Lindberg is the more likely of the two to play (if Stepan is out).

We've had 3 different centers go down in 4 games. If any of the other ones go down, we will have no depth down the middle. Having another player who can play center seems not only a precaution but a necessity, especially taking into account the troubling trend to have our centers injured.

Jarkko Immonen

#42 Artem Anisimov
Oct 23, 2005
Connecticut
I was only 6 when the Rangers won the cup in '94, so to me last night was the most important game I've seen this team play yet. What a feeling when they won!

BarbaraAlphanse

I'd rather not hear Fast's name all night than go with another risk.

You're very risk averse, aren't you? I think I'd rather that too, if we weren't teetering on no center depth.

Can't afford another in game injury with no in game solution. Limit his minutes if you have to, but another guy who can win face-offs in the event of an injury is an absolute must.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Now that I think about it, I'd go as far to say that Lindberg is the more likely of the two to play (if Stepan is out).

We've had 3 different centers go down in 4 games. If any of the other ones go down, we will have no depth down the middle. Having another player who can play center seems not only a precaution but a necessity, especially taking into account the troubling trend to have our centers injured.

Asking Lindberg to play his first nhl game, and asking him to play wing is asking too much, IMO.

Just put Fast on the wing and deal with not having another C if one goes down again.

Think you can make it through one game with 3 Centers if you have to

BarbaraAlphanse

Asking Lindberg to play his first nhl game, and asking him to play wing is asking too much, IMO.

Just put Fast on the wing and deal with not having another C if one goes down again

I think that is a bigger risk than having defensive lapses and nerves. Especially, for all we know, Brassard isn't 100%. Suppose he goes down? It would be a disaster.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The Rangers obviously feel that either Fast or Lindberg could step in and eat some minutes without being a detriment. I know that past iterations of this team have given us a lot to be skeptical of when it comes to this organization's judgment. But I will trust them here considering the way this season has gone.

Let either one play, I don't care, we won the last game with 11 forwards.

BarbaraAlphanse

The Rangers obviously feel that either Fast or Lindberg could step in and eat some minutes without being a detriment. I know that past iterations of this team have given us a lot to be skeptical of when it comes to this organization's judgment. But I will trust them here considering the way this season has gone.

Let either one play, I don't care, we won the last game with 11 forwards.

We've played 3/4 games w/ 11 forwards.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
We've played 3/4 games w/ 11 forwards.

Exactly, which means whoever we insert is a net gain unless they are incapable of holding on to the puck for a whole :30-:45 seconds a game. The number of actual touches these kids would get is minimal.

How about for playing with only 4 centers when 1 is probably playing through an injury as is?

That slapshot through Tokarski would say otherwise. I think he's fine.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If they want a winger, Fast should be in and he should be with Boyle and Dorsett.

If they want a center, Lindberg should be in and he should be put between Kreider and Nash.

Tikkanen10fan

Apr 2, 2012
i believe there was some acting going on ..but not too much.
have you ever gotten hit by surprise...you will likely scream or yell even if it didn't hurt..its the fear for a split second that you did get hurt and you just react that way.
like if you accidentally kick a dumbbell with your barefoot..there's that brief moment you think maybe I broke my toe.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
i believe there was some acting going on ..but not too much.
have you ever gotten hit by surprise...you will likely scream or yell even if it didn't hurt..its the fear for a split second that you did get hurt and you just react that way.
like if you accidentally kick a dumbbell with your barefoot..there's that brief moment you think maybe I broke my toe.

When you accidentally kick a dumbell, do you jackknife through the air and bellyflop onto the floor?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The league already engraved the kings' team into the cup, so it'll be ready for them to hoist it.

If it is Rangers-Kings, I think it will be the toughest series of all for the Rangers. The Kings are a very good and very deep team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce