Post-Game Talk: Game 4: The MSL OT Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Honestly I thought this was just "another rivalry" with Boston. Some hard feelings sure, but nothing like what we're seeing here.

This Montreal team is so classless it defies all reason. I thought I liked the habs before entering this series.

I have never been more mistaken

Nah. What you've been seeing is reality.
Hell, just take minute to read the Sens playoff thread on their board.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
iXuajw9s2Eahn.gif

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

JJJAAAMMM

May 22, 2014
They came out to 3 songs last night.

Teenage Wasteland
Fever
Raging Fire

None of that is Rush. Teenage Wasteland was run at first period and OT

Nope the montage immediately before they came out (edit: before the lights were dimmed) in the first was set to Rush, i believe it was an instrumental of Tom Sawyer. I said to my brother, "man why are they playing this Canadian music?"

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
A trip to a hypothetical kings-rangers thread on the main boards has taught me that the rangers might as well not even bother trying to get to the SCF. The team from the west is easily going to win no matter what. Guaranteed.

I know! I'm reading that all over the place. I guess the psychic Mrs Cleo has been very busy lately.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
JT Miller didn't make the trip to Montreal. He hurt his right arm/shoulder when Markov pushed him into the post. Oscar Lindberg or Jesper Fast will replace Miller if Derek Stepan can't play. Lindberg is on the trip.

Oscar Lindberg is up with #NYR in Mtl, it's between him and Jesper Fast to replace Miller if Stepan can't go, per Alain Vigneault

https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/471060907515457536

The Rangers are running out of players. Carcillo got a 10 game suspension which he is appealing. Bettman will hear the appeal on Friday. Miller is hurt.

Go with Lindberg.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth

The other dive was during the OT period where #14 (Plekanec) and a Rangers defenseman pursue a puck in the corner and they both gets their arms up into one another and Plekanec just throws himself backwards and down onto the ice trying to draw a penalty.... Do you have a .gif of that play?

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
JT Miller didn't make the trip to Montreal. He hurt his right arm/shoulder when Markov pushed him into the post. Oscar Lindberg or Jesper Fast will replace Miller if Derek Stepan can't play. Lindberg is on the trip.

https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/471060907515457536

The Rangers are running out of players. Carcillo got a 10 game suspension which he is appealing. Bettman will hear the appeal on Friday. Miller is hurt.

Go with Lindberg.

I'd also like to see Lindberg over Fast, although I am comfortable with either one.

JJJAAAMMM

May 22, 2014
Man, the rangers are really committed to faking this Stepan injury - fake the injury of the guy fake replacing the first guy. Inceptioned.

AHB*

I'd also like to see Lindberg over Fast, although I am comfortable with either one.

If Stepan is out next game, I'd go with Fast even if Miller was available. The Rangers top 3 lines can get it done. We need that 4th line to be defensively aware and Fast has proven he is capable of that.

I'm not having Lindberg play his first NHL game in the playoffs. This isn't Kreider.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
A trip to a hypothetical kings-rangers thread on the main boards has taught me that the rangers might as well not even bother trying to get to the SCF. The team from the west is easily going to win no matter what. Guaranteed.

We have a chance, Bettman will make it go 7.

*Bob Richards*

Don't think I've ever hated a team as quickly as I have the Canadiens. I actually despise Therrien more than any of their players.

Man, the rangers are really committed to faking this Stepan injury - fake the injury of the guy fake replacing the first guy. Inceptioned.

:laugh:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Nope the montage immediately before they came out (edit: before the lights were dimmed) in the first was set to Rush, i believe it was an instrumental of Tom Sawyer. I said to my brother, "man why are they playing this Canadian music?"

I have a different interpretation of it than you, but that's cool. Similarly, one of my coworkers came up to me after game 1 and asked why Montreal was playing the Beastie Boys when playing a New York team.

JJJAAAMMM

May 22, 2014
I have a different interpretation of it than you, but that's cool. Similarly, one of my coworkers came up to me after game 1 and asked why Montreal was playing the Beastie Boys when playing a New York team.

The songs you listed were definitely played, its just that the first song that was played as part of the scoreboard presentation was by Rush. Though I do believe they came out to the Who in the second.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY

The league already engraved the kings' team into the cup, so it'll be ready for them to hoist it.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
At least Lindberg is a C, but what a time to put him in. Yikes. He was huge in the SEL during their playoffs, MVP. That is awesome and all, but I don't see him being ready for NHL playoffs. If he plays, I hope I am dead wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad