Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
+Toronto Maple Leafs: paying 15% of Phil's salary

+Vegas Golden Nights: paying 40% of Brassard's salary

+ Edmonton Oilers: giving away Justin Schultz for a 3rd round pick.

+Dallas Stars: giving away Oleksiak for a 4th.

+Detroit Redwings: trading Sheahan for Scott Wilson.

I feel like Rutherford isn’t smart at all and all of this is coming up roses, because he painted a master stroke this season.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I still cannot believe we have Malkin, Kessel, Crosby and Brassard. Jesus

Murray turning into playoff Murray is huge, the way he was playing during the season wasn't good enough for this team to challenge for another Cup. He's elevated his game, he didn't let the Flyers get 1 or 2 to make things interesting or build some momentum for Friday.

Great puck-possession tonight, they've really tightened things up in the playoffs. Really good job shutting things down in the 3rd without turtling.

All around great game, could argue they have had 4 great games here not 3.

Reactions: ncm7772

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
+Letang's goal. Not only the actual goal, but a PERFECT around the boards dump that allowed us to quickly retrieve it, and it was in the back of the net 2 seconds later.

+Sheary. Guy was BUZZING. He is sooo good at creating turnovers, so quick to close in on defenders on the forecheck and has a quick stick. May be second to Geno at creating turnovers.

+Murray. Shut the door!!

+Patrick. Only guy who bothered to show up. Really good skater, had no idea he was this good.
-Konecny. Dude is a straight punk. Elbows a Pen in every scuffle.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This team is something special the past few years in the post season. I don't think I will ever see anything like Crosby Malkin Kessel Murray Brassard Letang.... the whole bunch of them again when it's all done, for the rest of my life.

Having Brassard as the 3rd go to guy at center, c'mon.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This team is something special the past few years in the post season. I don't think I will ever see anything like Crosby Malkin Kessel Murray Brassard Letang.... the whole bunch of them again when it's all done, for the rest of my life.

Having Brassard as the 3rd go to guy at center, c'mon.
at nearly half price...and next year too...so awesome.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
so is the switch flipped yet?

I always thought "flipping the switch" was dumb. But it's clear that's what they've done, and it's worked and they've stayed healthy this year. Obviously we're playing the Flyers here and not the Bruins, but still, this is just excellent hockey from the Pens in this series.

Reactions: zero8771

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I feel like Rutherford isn’t smart at all and all of this is coming up roses, because he painted a master stroke this season.

All of that plus Sully. This team is just impossible to play against in the playoffs. Everyone seems to get good when they come to Pittsburgh under Sully.

Reactions: zero8771

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I always thought "flipping the switch" was dumb. But it's clear that's what they've done, and it's worked and they've stayed healthy this year. Obviously we're playing the Flyers here and not the Bruins, but still, this is just excellent hockey from the Pens in this series.

Just like the poster who said Crosby would be terrible in the playoffs. I'm going to find that post already because I want to know who said it.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Its uncanny, but it is absolutley true. Caught a glimpse of it in January, but when the captain comes to play for keeps the whole team follows. No lazy cross ice passes and post up and curls from the captain since he flipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad