Pre-Game Talk: Game 4: Stranglehold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pricef*

Against boston, I don't think any lead should be considered a stranglehold, until the 4th win.

This is exactly right. I love how business like Therrien's approach is. Just focus winning each game as it comes.:)

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
851793165.gif

Max Pacioretty doing his part as usual, protecting his teammate from Doug Hamilton.

Good Canadian Girls know who the true blue heroes are!!!!

Absolutely the Hab Fever is nationwide and growing!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
For sure the Bruins will try and come out and intimidate tonight.

The Habs absolutely have to stay away from anything after the whistle like they've been doing. Play whistle to whistle. If they try and goon it up don't engage. Let them take penalties.

As far as physical play, I'm not worried nearly as much as I used to be. We have guys that can dish it out just fine too and who don't shy away at all.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

The Habs absolutely have to stay away from anything after the whistle like they've been doing. Play whistle to whistle. If they try and goon it up don't engage. Let them take penalties.

It was interesting to hear Krejci talk after Game 3 about how they made a concerted effort to stay out of the box and play smart...and it took away their edge almost entirely.

The Habs are one of the few teams in the league who have learned (the hard way, from years past) that you can't out-Boston the Bruins. You'll lose every time if you try. You have to stick to your skill game and force them to change their game.

I thought Detroit did a poor job of that (witness stuff like Smith trying to "fight" Chara, the 5 roughing penalties they took in one game, etc) and it's part of the reason they went down so easily. The Bruins use their muscle to get you off your game and then beat you with skill. Once you take away that first part of their game, you've already got them on the wrong foot.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

As far as physical play, I'm not worried nearly as much as I used to be. We have guys that can dish it out just fine too and who don't shy away at all.

The Habs need to continue to do what they have been doing. Smile at Lucic after the whistle and then pound him the next shift with a good hit.

Let Marchand get his little jab or slash in after the whistle and then paste him to the boards after play resumes.

You beat Boston with physical play and you cannot shy away from the hitting game. As you said correctly, you simply skate away after the whistle and then hand out the punishment during play.

Great post.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
The difference between being up 3-1 and being tied 2-2, obviously, is gigantic...must-win tonight.

If we win tonight, Boston will be devastated and the Habs can finish the series in 5/6 games. If we lose tonight, the series is tied and the Bruins will have momentum and probably win this series. I hope our player treat this game as a game 7.

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
You beat Boston with physical play and you cannot shy away from the hitting game... you simply skate away after the whistle and then hand out the punishment during play.

Sounds great in theory. Here's the reality... Moen's late hit on Iginla opens up a door to some nasty play. I have no problem with this (or your suggestion to hand out punishment during play). But you can't predict the results of your punishment - in play or not. And hockey being what it is (violent, physical, competitive, etc), has an eye for eye thing going on.

I look forward to the day where we have a weapon to be able to deliver punishment during the play AND be able to defend ourselves without:

a. Looking like p*****
b. Opening ourselves up to injury (watch what happens tonight)

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Each time I have eaten a Stanley cup doughnut from Tim's on game day we have won.

Oh also the days in between, so I am pretty much eating one everyday.

Hope it works out tonight. I feel it, we are going to win. The Bruins will come out and thug it up and we will capitalize on the PP in a big way.

PricePkPatch*

Each time I have eaten a Stanley cup doughnut from Tim's on game day we have won.

Oh also the days in between, so I am pretty much eating one everyday.

Hope it works out tonight. I feel it, we are going to win. The Bruins will come out and thug it up and we will capitalize on the PP in a big way.

You
Ginette
The guy who went to have breakfast at the cafeteria
The guy wearing his shirt
and all others doing these little superstitious things

are the true heroes

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
You
Ginette
The guy who went to have breakfast at the cafeteria
The guy wearing his shirt
and all others doing these little superstitious things

are the true heroes

On the flip side I have a Robert Lang t-shirt and in 2010 I would try to break the curse of that shirt and every single time I wore it we lost.

PricePkPatch*

On the flip side I have a Robert Lang t-shirt and in 2010 I would try to break the curse of that shirt and every single time I wore it we lost.

Dude.

Just burn it and be done with it. Or lock it behind transparent aluminum and keep it away from future generations.

Don't try to "break" the curse.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The Habs need to continue to do what they have been doing. Smile at Lucic after the whistle and then pound him the next shift with a good hit.

Let Marchand get his little jab or slash in after the whistle and then paste him to the boards after play resumes.

You beat Boston with physical play and you cannot shy away from the hitting game. As you said correctly, you simply skate away after the whistle and then hand out the punishment during play.

Great post.

That's what happened last game, habs outhit them including some big ones by Suubban Murray Emelin Weise Moen etc

I think Boston comes out strong the 1st 10 minutes, have to be ready and weather the storm.

PricePkPatch*

Thanks. I was starting to fear my joke wasn't a funny as I thought it was... ^_^

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
MARCHAND - CAMPBELL - IGINLA practiced together today. Looks like we are getting some line changes from Boston.

Thanks to Amanda Stein
BnH9GPsCQAA1CD5.jpg

Sodenberg isn't there, so that might be why they made changes today. Probably not the line up for the game according to Amanda.

Last edited:

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
lets keep it this way.
the habs trailed for 15 min and 13 seconds since the beginning of the playoffs

and could have retained a perfect record if they didnt choke in the 3rd period of game 2. Feelsgoodman

Wonder what their record is since the Olympic break?
Must be pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad