Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Daeomer

Jul 19, 2018
Kyper on keefe today:
- some ppl think sheldon keefe is done
- some ppl making suggestions that leafs are making calls to other coaches to see if they have interest

who knows

and I agree with Bourne. Something has to change. Keefe good coach but we have too much losing and no results. Guys need a different voice.

Combo Keefe 2.png

I'm confident (mostly) the Keefe part of the equation will be settled tomorrow...hopefully! It's not really fair to him either...

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Maybe Mitch meant 'gauds', as in gaudy things.

As Shakespeare said:

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin,
That all, with one accord, praise new-born gauds
Though they be made and molded of things past,
And give to dust, that is a little gilt
More laud than gilt, o'er-dusted."

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
yawn
shanny will be back.

To be fair I don' think keeping or getting rid of Shanahan is gonna make much of a difference. Keefe isn't a bad coach but it's definitely time to get a new voice behind the bench and to shake up the core if possible. If the players don't want to budge and waive the NMC then get a coach who has no problem playing them in the bottom 6 and giving them less ice time. If they are keeping Shanahan and Keefe since they both got 1 year left on their deals then they have to break this core up and let us see what Keefe can do with some more money spent on the defence/depth scoring.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Panthers lit up the bruins for 6-1, swayman chased from net and panthers owned bruins on special teams

the more panthers score the more I absolutely get disgusted by Marner, Tavares, Rielly AND curse dubas that pos for ruining the Leafs

Second that and add the NYR and Canes intensity...

And how fast Oilers and Nucks are on offence meanwhile fighting tooth and nail for board battles.
We have stuck to such a lame duck team for way too long...

Changes this season in a major way directionwise and admission of failure with a Dubas core 4 delusions, or i'm no longer a Leafs fan.

I'm sure im not alone.

Friday can't come soon enough

SwissButch

.. ehm no…
Sep 14, 2007
Murten
Leafs scored 12 goals in 7 games

Panthers have scored 7 goals in 2 games

It‘s both ways. Boston scored also 5 against the Phanters in first game. Didn’t do it against the leafs. Different series. For some reason Boston and Leafs is alwsys low scoring

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Second that and add the NYR and Canes intensity...

And how fast Oilers and Nucks are on offence meanwhile fighting tooth and nail for board battles.
We have stuck to such a lame duck team for way too long...

Changes this season in a major way directionwise and admission of failure with a Dubas core 4 delusions, or i'm no longer a Leafs fan.

I'm sure im not alone.

Friday can't come soon enough
Zack Hyman at 9 goals in the playoffs.

Even Dakota Joshua with 3 playoff goals.

Too bad these guys weren’t good enough for our previous GM, but we hung on to Kerfloof for dear life….

If guess their intensity and give a crap made them a bad fit for us?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Zack Hyman at 9 goals in the playoffs.

and I remember quite well a LOT of people didn't want to sign Hyman for the money that Edmonton signed him for.

edit: it was the term. my apologies. it was too early o clock. but my point still stands. people wer baulking at the contract in some form.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
and I remember quite well a LOT of people didn't want to sign Hyman for the money that Edmonton signed him for.
I always thought it was more the term people were opposed to? With his injury history that he wouldn’t age well.
Brutal call on that one.

Reactions: LeafSteel

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
To be fair I don' think keeping or getting rid of Shanahan is gonna make much of a difference. Keefe isn't a bad coach but it's definitely time to get a new voice behind the bench and to shake up the core if possible. If the players don't want to budge and waive the NMC then get a coach who has no problem playing them in the bottom 6 and giving them less ice time. If they are keeping Shanahan and Keefe since they both got 1 year left on their deals then they have to break this core up and let us see what Keefe can do with some more money spent on the defence/depth scoring.
Shanny is a problem. He's at the top. Zero results in 8 years. He's basically won the lottery doing fk all

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Yep and would have been 8 years here.
He wouldn't have been as successful here.
20 points on the PP 15 of them goals.
Out PP lacks a true point shot and our staff would never replace JT/Willy or Mitch with him.
He landed in the perfect situation and busted his A$$
If he posted the same numbers (54 points) in his first year of that contract and the Leaf lost in the first round the media and fans would be calling for the team to find AM a real winger and also his replacement that year was Bunting that made KD look like a genius that fisst year

Reactions: ACC1224

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Shanny is a problem. He's at the top. Zero results in 8 years. He's basically won the lottery doing fk all

The organization was teetering on the precipice in 2014. I believe there was a genuine chance that the Leafs would have lost their fanbase if not for Shanahan.

That being said, he is either soft with the core, or a scapegoat for fans because the board loves how much Nylander and Marner memorabilia sells.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Verhaeghe, Hyman, Joshua all playing major roles on their teams. Also all contributed more than anyone on our team. Fraud franchise.

Hyman 9 goals
Verhaeghe 5 goals
Joshua 3 goals tons of hits

Meanwhile we have trash like Jarnkrok Kampf and Reaves taking up cap and roster space.

Total joke.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Verhaeghe, Hyman, Joshua all playing major roles on their teams. Also all contributed more than anyone on our team. Fraud franchise.

Hyman 9 goals
Verhaeghe 5 goals
Joshua 3 goals tons of hits

Meanwhile we have trash like Jarnkrok Kampf and Reaves taking up cap and roster space.

Total joke.
When you pay 4 guys half the cap, that’s all you can afford. You sacrifice team for the few.
And if those guys don’t play like the ones above in the playoffs, you probably don’t win many of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad