Pre-Game Talk: Game 4: Stranglehold

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
Game 4 being up 2-1.

We can't lose the series next game but we can win it. We really don't want to squander this chance.

With the hit by Moen on Iginla and Julien making a statement by putting his tough guys out on the last face-off, we know the Bruins will come out angry and physical. The saying goes 'Don't poke the bear' but it's safe to say the bear has been poked. Expect the Bruins to target our key players like MaxPac and Subban even more than game 1 and 2.

How will the Habs respond?

What are the keys to this game?

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
This match will be huge... (well they all are)
Getting a 3-1 lead in the series vs Boston would be HUGE.
Really hope we get the same performance from last night.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sad to think we actually could be up 3-0 in this series...

Next game is key to say the least.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
All I can say about this game is, When the Habs win get ready to play

SwA9adL.gif

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If the Bruins start to play physical, they'll get penalties....They are really scared
of our PP units after the first 2 games (4 goals). And if they don't, they know we can take them with our speed.

Either way, if Therrien keep the same line-up, i think we can take this one too!
Price and Subban are totally leading the way in this series.

Go habs go!:yo:

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
If the Bruins start to play physical, they'll get penalties....They are really scared
of our PP units after the first 2 games (4 goals).

I have to credit Therrien and what he did with the long layoff after the Tampa Series. It was reported that they worked like crazy on the Power Play before the series and it shows! You could see that Subban's focus is not always to just blast it like he used to. He does what every superstar d does and mixes in a few well placed wrist shots with the sole purpose of just getting it through to the net and it's working!:handclap:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Last game was Boston at their worst. They were playing tight, cautious hockey for 50 minutes, afraid to make mistakes. They took almost no penalties, but generated almost no chances. That strategy goes out the window tomorrow. Tomorrow they'll be coming out strong for the first 10 minutes. We need major pushback in our zone to keep their offense from setting up and hemming us in. If our D plays big and we keep them off the scoresheet, the game will settle down and we can dictate the momentum.

Rask is shaky and overcompensating. Boston's young D is talented but inexperienced. If we keep pushing back, goals will go in.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think it's a bit of an over reaction. Julien needs to calm his group down, especially Rask, and find a way to out coach Therien. Plenty of time and the games are close. A series can swing directions at any moment, and teams can get on a hot streak

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
-Habs are slightly faster than the Bruins. Use that slight advantage when going though the Bruins 1-2-2 trap. Beat Bruins D to loose pucks on the back board.
-Not be afraid of the Bruins D when entering their zone and going to the net. Chara isn't always on the ice and Miller is the only other guy that is really playing physical. (Boychuck is less physically present in this series).
-Make Rask move side to side.
-Just get pucks to the net through their Box-plus-One (no need for a very hard shot).
-Attack their Ds short feather passes behind the net when they break out.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Game 4 being up 2-1.

We can't lose the series next game but we can win it. We really don't want to squander this chance.

With the hit by Moen on Iginla and Julien making a statement by putting his tough guys out on the last face-off, we know the Bruins will come out angry and physical. The saying goes 'Don't poke the bear' but it's safe to say the bear has been poked. Expect the Bruins to target our key players like MaxPac and Subban even more than game 1 and 2.

How will the Habs respond?

What are the keys to this game?

No we can't that is just wrong.
The last time I checked it takes 4 wins to move on.

We can win game four by sticking to the exact same approach we used in game three.
Only being better at it.
Pressure them every chance we get. Don't give them a clear target for Bergeron shutdown.
Continue to stand up at our blue and force dump ins. Take advantage of surprising number of Bruin breakdowns. I get a sense the pressure is building in the Boston camp to a point we haven't seen since the end of game two 2011. Let's not make the same mistake we made then where we were very passive until late into game three. Do all this and we should/can win. Once and if all this occurs we can slay a Bear in their home rink because they will be wound up to the breaking point. Even this is all pure conjecture. We've seen too many comebacks to even think the term Stranglehold.
To me they still live until they are dead...

GHG

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I love the way Patches just casually throws Hamilton into the net.

Although I don't mind that being the case, Hamilton fell over Krug in that particular instance.

Now to the topic, this is a pivotal game in the series. Losing here means we need to win another game in Boston. Seeing how we played first game at home against the Bruins, I really like our chances on home ice far more than in their house. Seize this moment with a win, and we can end this series in 6 with a scare of a game for game 5. But we must win game 4.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Huge game tomorrow! If we can go back to Boston up 3-1 with the Bruins nervous about being eliminated I think we'll win the series!

If we let them get back in it tomorrow night, I'm not sure I like our chances

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Worse part is when 6'5 Hamilton got up, he went right to the ref to beg for call, like a little *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad