Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - Pens vs. Bruins: The Comeback Begins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
welp, i might watch this game at a bar or something. i think the Pens can win, but they're not winning the series without a major collapse. i'm talking a bigger collapse than they had against the Flyers.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Mark ****ing Eaton back in the line-up and playing with Letang to boot. Eaton is not good enough to play the type of minutes he'll play partnered with Letang. Why not set Despres loose? There's nothing to lose here. If DB does stick around, pretty much guarantees there's no way Dumoulin or Harrington see any time with the team next under any circumstance.

Look forward to Iginla being a non-factor again tonight. Cannot believe how poor he's looked in every facet of the game. Tired of the apologists as well, playing on the other side of the ice doesn't make you fumble passes and unable to move the puck, lose every board battle, etc. His play has been without a doubt the most disappointing trade acquisition I can remember. Take away his name and history and no one would argue for him to be in the line-up at this point. He's bringing nothing to the table as DB won't use him on the top PP.

I wanna hope there's a 4-game win streak in there but I'll be surprised if they score more than 1-2 goals tonight. So unless Vokoun gets a shutout, I imagine they'll lose, must be how Lundqvist feels every game.

I agree that in that he's been disappointing and I've had much higher hopes but I dunno man, playing his natural position would erase some of the unforced errors and turnovers we saw from him. When you've played RW for 15 years I would imagine that's a problem. Imagine you're right-handed and then trying to suddenly perform using your left while under enormous pressure. It might not be exactly the same thing but the point stands.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
First off its not an attack. If you don't think the 4th line matters in the playoffs, you haven't been a fan for very long or don't know much about the game. I'm sorry if that offended you. Another thing to back up that opinion is you thinking Vitale has done nothing for us.

Secondly there are in fact other people who kill penalties besides Adams. No really. Next time there is a penalty just watch. You'll see at least 3 other skaters on the ice at the same time, and in fact Adams actually doesn't stay out there the whole PK.

Thirdly, maybe since our top two lines can't do anything offensively, we should try to get some depth scoring? No of course not. That would make too much sense. I'm sure a bottom two line player has never made an impact in helping his team win a series let alone a cup before.

Hell if Vitale isn't your cup of tea then dress Jokinen instead of Adams.

When exactly did I say the 4th line doesn't "matter"? When I said replacing a solid PKer for one of the replacable plugs wouldn't affect the outcome? It really must be nice to just throw out random assertions, let me give it a shot: You aren't a true penguins fan if you don't think Adams has earned a spot on this team tonight. Ahh yea feels good.

Perhaps you could provide some stats / evidence of Vitale bringing offense in the playoffs? Let's all see if it justifies sitting Adams in favor of him. It's borerline hysterical that you think Vitale replacing Adams is the offensive threat that is going to take this team over the top.

If it came down to Juice and Adams I could see going with Juice but at this point you know your teams in trouble when you are grasping for straws for which 4th liner is going to be the game breaker.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
On the brink of elimination and Bylsma's master stroke of genius is to re-insert Eaton into the lineup in place of Engelland. Yep, that's going to really turn the tide of this series. Good job, Dan.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
When exactly did I say the 4th line doesn't "matter"? When I said replacing a solid PKer for one of the replacable plugs wouldn't affect the outcome? It really must be nice to just throw out random assertions, let me give it a shot: You aren't a true penguins fan if you don't think Adams has earned a spot on this team tonight. Ahh yea feels good.

Perhaps you could provide some stats / evidence of Vitale bringing offense in the playoffs? Let's all see if it justifies sitting Adams in favor of him. It's borerline hysterical that you think Vitale replacing Adams is the offensive threat that is going to take this team over the top.

If it came down to Juice and Adams I could see going with Juice but at this point you know your teams in trouble when you are grasping for straws for which 4th liner is going to be the game breaker.

I started writing up a thought out response to you, but then I realized how pointless it would be in arguing with you. You are never going to admit you're wrong so what's the point?

Also you're drawing me away from the original intent of my post anyway. Strawman arguments galore.

Penguinzilla*

Eaton is in? Are you kidding me? He's terrible and has the strength of a child! Plus, Engelland has rocked Lucic (sp?) at least twice.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
I started writing up a thought out response to you, but then I realized how pointless it would be in arguing with you. You are never going to admit you're wrong so what's the point?

Also you're drawing me away from the original intent of my post anyway. Strawman arguments galore.

Oh you don't call out my logical fallacies, I CALL OUT YOURS!:naughty:

It IS pointless because Dan is going to do what Dan wants. Either we win or he goes, it's win win at this point.

fate

Apr 15, 2007
Eaton is in? Are you kidding me? He's terrible and has the strength of a child! Plus, Engelland has rocked Lucic (sp?) at least twice.

he makes letang not play like ass all game, the hits weren't winning us any games. we need goals

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
welp, i might watch this game at a bar or something. i think the Pens can win, but they're not winning the series without a major collapse. i'm talking a bigger collapse than they had against the Flyers.

I think just the threat of a collapse might change Rask's play IF, a giant if we win this game. We, in my opinion, have an amazing road map for a comeback. We played our best in Boston and came so close to winning. IF we win this game, we are then home. So a game 4 victory might leave Rask to poop the bed because he is the only living goaltender that gave up a 3-0.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
High Blocker, crash the ****ing net and clear the ****ing crease.

And change that damn PP unit

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
The only thing I give credit for to Boston is the way they can adapt. I am so ******* sick of DB and not trying out anything different. What a jackass, play Iginla, a 40 year old man, on the damn wing he has played on for 15 years. I don't give a **** about chemistry anymore. If there is no chemistry we will score 0 or 1 goal like normal. It is a moot point. We will never find out about chemistry if we don"t experiment with the chemistry. Beau was the gamechanger game 3. He hit like a boss, especially for such a skinny kid, and had some beautiful plays and played responsibly. I also miss Despres. I stay optimistic. Having Beau in was a miracle.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
No helmet and back to the jaw protector (don't ask me how that works).

That's the team's big adjustment for the night.

Here you go....
Crosby-HelmetlessJawprotector.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
On the brink of elimination and Bylsma's master stroke of genius is to re-insert Eaton into the lineup in place of Engelland. Yep, that's going to really turn the tide of this series. Good job, Dan.

Hey, simmer down, it's also Kennedy in and Vitale out.

Pbhockey04

May 1, 2013
flops game 3?

Am I the only one who saw some flops from the Bruins game 3? Kelly and Marchand?

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Last game we could've won, a coin-flip that came out for Boston. If, and we can all agree this is a megaton sized IF, we can play like we did last game, who knows, unlikelier things than four heads in a row have happened before. Honestly, I just want to see one coin-flip in our favor tonight, and then go from there...

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Last game was just such a damn heartbreaker. Im still getting over it. We played great and lost. I really hope the team isn't feeling down like me, and believes they can make a little magic happen.

Well. One game at a time.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I actually didn't feel too bad about last game because of how much better we played. What it did was piss me off more about how badly we had played prior / what a waste it was. If you put it in the context of "you're always going to lose some close games / OT games in the playoffs on the way to the Cup", it doesn't seem so bad. What sucks is what happened earier in the week / on Saturday.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Last game was just such a damn heartbreaker. Im still getting over it. We played great and lost. I really hope the team isn't feeling down like me, and believes they can make a little magic happen.

Well. One game at a time.

Doesn't seem like it.

Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
If Penguins are stressed out about being on the cusp of elimination, it doesn't show at their game-day skate. Players are lively, animated.

Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Matt Niskanen, on Penguins' upbeat game-day skate: "We know the situation we’re in. Being pouty-faced about it isn’t going to help anything"

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I actually didn't feel too bad about last game because of how much better we played. What it did was piss me off more about how badly we had played prior / what a waste it was. If you put it in the context of "you're always going to lose some close games / OT games in the playoffs on the way to the Cup", it doesn't seem so bad. What sucks is what happened earier in the week / on Saturday.

I agree, and because of that we now have no more 'you're always going to lose some close games / OT games in the playoffs on the way to the Cup" games to give. I actually think we played pretty good in the first game as well, for about 2 periods. The best we can hope for at this point is that we play as well as we did last game and hope all bounces go our way... Barring a Bostonian collapse of some sort...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad