Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - Pens vs. Bruins: The Comeback Begins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Yeah, more Bennett NOT in the top six. THAT is the ticket. :shakehead

Our top 6 is nice right now. Only misfit is Cooke as he doesn't play top minutes this well normally, plus I have a feeling he'll sign elsewhere for money next season anyway.

Plus discussing things in terms of "top 6" and "bottom 6" is overgeneralized anyway. A "3rd line" of BB, Iggy and Sutter is obviously stacked and would get more ice-time than your average "energy" 3rd line.

Not too mention PP time.

I'd rather it be 19-36-12.

Yes and no. I liked Sutter's game last game. I think he's hurt to some extent right now which is impeding his passing/shooting. But he's a good fit in terms of faceoffs and defense.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yes and no. I liked Sutter's game last game. I think he's hurt to some extent right now which is impeding his passing/shooting. But he's a good fit in terms of faceoffs and defense.

My reasoning is Sutter main focus is defensive responsibility. Pretty much he has sucked the life out of the offense on the 3rd line. If his main use is defense then you could make that up from the 4th line.

Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis
>>?<<-Malkin, Neal
Bennett- Jokinen, Iginla
Jeffrey, Sutter, Vitale.

That is next season.

You could fill Malkins LW via UFA.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Damnn, Bylsma has not changed the line up! Still has Kunitz with Crosby and Dupuis.. Power still has Malkin on the point when he should be downlow... I know we want to be positive but coach is killing me

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Eaton back in eh? I'm sure his anorexia won't cause him to crumble physically under any type of forecheck.

Just cancel the season already.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Adams is fine. Jokinen or Vitale would be better in every single way. And if you think the 4th line doesn't matter in the playoffs you must not have been a fan of hockey for very long.

Adams serves his role, Juice would be nice but what has Vitale done for us other than take a stupid penalty? What's our PK at again? Let's change up that one thing thats been perfect for us because Vitale brings that super hustle!

Our problem is our top 2 lines being completely useless. Inability to sustain any kind of offensive pressure or get into the dirty areas and flubbing the odd chance they get. Putting in X Y or Z for 4th liner A B C is not going to change that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Really don't understand why Despres can't play and get some experience, are they scared he ends up playing well like Bennett and then they're forced to play him :shakehead

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Go Pens, but at least if we lose Bylsma may be fired.

Also: NOOOOO to resigning Iginla. He's been terrible. Would rather use that money to resign Dupuis and/or Cooke.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Go Pens, but at least if we lose Bylsma may be fired.

Also: NOOOOO to resigning Iginla. He's been terrible. Would rather use that money to resign Dupuis and/or Cooke.

The only way Iginla stays is if Shero can sign him under 3 per year or else he could leave. Maybe trade his rights before UFA and try to get a pick!

fate

Apr 15, 2007
Call me crazy, but wouldn't mind seeing these lines
Dupuis-Crosby-Bennett
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Jokinen-Iginla
Adams-Vitale-Kennedy

Letang-Eaton
Martin-Orpik
Murray-Engo

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
My reasoning is Sutter main focus is defensive responsibility. Pretty much he has sucked the life out of the offense on the 3rd line. If his main use is defense then you could make that up from the 4th line.

Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis
>>?<<-Malkin, Neal
Bennett- Jokinen, Iginla
Jeffrey, Sutter, Vitale.

That is next season.

You could fill Malkins LW via UFA.

That's not bad. But then again you could argue that DJ and Vitale suck the life out of the 4th line being productive whatsoever.

We all Vitale but I think this playoffs has shown he's got nothing to provide besides energy. And if we are to maintain our depth I don't think he's on our roster next season.

If we can somehow re-sign Morrow that'd be ideal.

10 - 16 - UFA would round out the line-up nicely.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Really don't understand why Despres can't play and get some experience, are they scared he ends up playing well like Bennett and then they're forced to play him :shakehead

Because so far if we let in ONE goal we lose. Despres is great but it is a gamble against him not making a potential "rookie mistake". You can ofcourse argue that Orpik/Nisky/Letang etc make mistakes all game but the coach has put his money on them making smaller mistakes than Despres.

Dragon Priest

Elvenlegions
Nov 8, 2007
Metalheaven
There's nothing wrong with BB being a full time 3rd liner for a season, our little ray of sunshine.

Yeah, I agree. Let him fill a third line role next year to start without a ton of scoring pressure. Don't overwhelm him. Let him earn the top 6 status with his play. At least he will get full playing time instead of just trying to crack the line up as a 4th liner because Tanner Glass is more valuable than him like we see this season.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Adams serves his role, Juice would be nice but what has Vitale done for us other than take a stupid penalty? What's our PK at again? Let's change up that one thing thats been perfect for us because Vitale brings that super hustle!

Our problem is our top 2 lines being completely useless. Inability to sustain any kind of offensive pressure or get into the dirty areas and flubbing the odd chance they get. Putting in X Y or Z for 4th liner A B C is not going to change that.

If you don't think the 4th line matters in the playoffs, you haven't been a fan for very long or don't know much about the game. I'm sorry if that offended you. Another thing to back up that opinion is you thinking Vitale has done nothing for us.

Secondly there are in fact other people who kill penalties besides Adams. No really. Next time there is a penalty just watch. You'll see at least 3 other skaters on the ice at the same time, and in fact Adams actually doesn't stay out there the whole PK.

Thirdly, maybe since our top two lines can't do anything offensively, we should try to get some depth scoring? No of course not. That would make too much sense. I'm sure a bottom two line player has never made an impact in helping his team win a series let alone a cup before.

Hell if Vitale isn't your cup of tea then dress Jokinen instead of Adams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad