GDT: Game #4 | LEAFS @ STARS | Tues, Oct 9, 2018 @ 8:30 PM EST | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Please do not let Dallas score in the first few mins of the period.

That call on Patty also looked weak
It was not well deserved, but, the Refs will call anything chintzy to make things appear even, especially if you present anything to them. Marleau shouldn't have reached in with his stick the way he did.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Poor Nylander is going to be on the second P.P unit. But Marleau-Nylander-Kapanen can form there own power unit.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
We need a big D so badly. Anyone other than Hainsey
Tanev would be so ideal but Van's asking price would be unreal

Reactions: FADYB

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Better passer or better playmaker? I think a list of the best passers may surprise people. As for better playmaker, I'd say he's up there. If you count pure playmaking, you have Bäckström, Kane, and Giroux. Widen it to chance generation via playmaking, and there's McDavid and then guys like Kucherov and Barzal. Getzlaf shouldn't be forgotten either, one of the top assist guys over the last three minutes if you go by rates. But Marner would probably be on the short list in either definition, though I wouldn't have him as the best in either.

As for passer, my sneaky pick there is Giordano. Makes among the most passes in the league, with a high level of difficulty and a low amount of turnovers. Purely in terms of technical passing ability, he's ridiculous.

Interesting takes . . .I'd have to ponder this for a bit to give my answer. And I don't watch enough west coast hockey to comment on Giordano, but I believe you - especially that it's not always the obvious ones. For instance, I always considered Sundin one of the elite passers of his day . . .

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
What I find funny is the ego that some fans have to think they know better then someone who has coached and won at every level in the sport. Especially when they haven't the least bit of experience.

Riiiiiiight. I mean the fans wanted to see Kapanen on Matthews line over Hyman all of last year, same with Marleau, they also wanted a stacked powerplay...I'd say fans are right occasionally.

Reactions: PickleRick

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Thanks for that.......... I meant the lack of playing D... the **** ton of goals... etc

I'll word it differently next time, but you know what I mean.

There's always that one guy in the room though....

Yeah I knew what you meant but your point was that this barn burner system is bad but that is essentially what the Leafs have been building for the last half decade.

It’s exactly the strategy Babcock is employing.

Essentially a 1-2-1-1 system. Forecheckers - Centre+Skill Winger - Offensive D - Mobile/speedy D (veteran)

Hyman - Tavares/Marner - Rielly - Hainsey
Kapanen - Matthews/Marleau - Gardiner - Zaitsev
Brown - Kadri/Johnsson - Dermott - Ozhiganov

It’s literally the system. Hyper-powered offensive system.

We literally are playing the system you jokingly decried.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
McQuaid at the deadline, probably costs a 3rd. It would definitely help out the 3rd pairing a bit but doesn't quite fix our top 4 either. I'm of the opinion we need 2 defenseman though.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
What I find funny is the ego that some fans have to think they know better then someone who has coached and won at every level in the sport. Especially when they haven't the least bit of experience.
Ok look at all the teams he coached to wins....any coach would can do well with absolutely stacked teams that he won with. I really wished he stayed in DET rn and see how he does without a stacked team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland