GDT: Game #4 | LEAFS @ STARS | Tues, Oct 9, 2018 @ 8:30 PM EST | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Jack Sparrow: Me? I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly… stupid.

Hainsey? He's an old gud pro. And you can always trust an old gud pro to be old and dull. Honestly, it's the young fun ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... interesting

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Yep. Hainsey needs to drop to 3rd pair and P.K.

Need a top pair d for rielly. Unless they want to try

Gards. Rielly.
Derm. Z
Hainsey oz.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Record over the past decade is 26.8% for the PP, 2012-13 Capitals.
The Canadiens were 31.9% in 1977-78

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Missed up to the last few minutes of the second.

Is the D still leaky? How's Andy? How about the third and fourth lines? I see the offense and PP haven't missed a beat.

The D has been solid tonight Ron Hainsey aside, Ron Hainsey needs to go or at the very least he needs ti be bumped down

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
It should be incredibly obvious to EVERYONE now that Nylander is expendable. You win with guys like Kapanen, not soft, primadonas like Nylander.

Kapanen is such a stud.

Reactions: TMLS

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
2 goal lead heading into the 3rd, would be nice to finish this game 5-3 or 6-3. One period without surrendering a goal is all I ask for and I will be very happy.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
He wears the A and veteran presence and gud pro. He will NEVER be a healthy scratch while Egocock is behind the bench.

What I find funny is the ego that some fans have to think they know better then someone who has coached and won at every level in the sport. Especially when they haven't the least bit of experience.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Is marner the best passer in the league. Who is better?
Better passer or better playmaker? I think a list of the best passers may surprise people. As for better playmaker, I'd say he's up there. If you count pure playmaking, you have Bäckström, Kane, and Giroux. Widen it to chance generation via playmaking, and there's McDavid and then guys like Kucherov and Barzal. Getzlaf shouldn't be forgotten either, one of the top assist guys over the last three minutes if you go by rates. But Marner would probably be on the short list in either definition, though I wouldn't have him as the best in either.

As for passer, my sneaky pick there is Giordano. Makes among the most passes in the league, with a high level of difficulty and a low amount of turnovers. Purely in terms of technical passing ability, he's ridiculous.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
This team is just a joy to watch . . . I don't mind the early season defensive leakiness.
Not like it's a trend or anything . . . right? :help:

League-wide trend, I mean. :popcorn:

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
It’s a tough situation for Hainsey. He’s too old (and arguably too under paid) for all the pressures the leafs are putting on him. He just can’t keep up anymore. And that’s more a testament to the leafs lack of defensive depth than anything on Hainsey’s part. He’s played more minutes this season than any one of our forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad