GDT: Game #4| Jan. 24, 2013|Rangers at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
You know, I'm giving Shelley First Star honors. Easily his best game as a Flyer.

The Rangers were very clearly gassed from the Pens game last night, but I don't care. The Flyers really needed a game like this where they could make progress and build confidence without getting dominated for a whole period or more. Timonen and Schenn looked like a really quality pairing, and Couturier was damned good too.

Let's see if they're turning the page and tightening the screws, or if it's a nice fluke.

Top stars :
Shelley
Sestito
Bryz

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Bryz has playe well all year actually.........Penalties have been our BIGGEST problem.

Actually, dating back to the winter classic, his stats have been pretty great outside of the playoffs. But he was playing with a broken foot and hurt hip in the playoffs

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
wow

that was the type of flyers game one loves to watch. fast action, the dmen were pinching nicely. simmonds voracek shaking off rust. the grossman hit on gaborik was monstrous, nice clean hit. the boys cut down on rangers chances, making bryzs job easy, and bryz looks like he is settling in. :handclap:

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
You know, I'm giving Shelley First Star honors. Easily his best game as a Flyer.

The Rangers were very clearly gassed from the Pens game last night, but I don't care. The Flyers really needed a game like this where they could make progress and build confidence without getting dominated for a whole period or more. Timonen and Schenn looked like a really quality pairing, and Couturier was damned good too.

Let's see if they're turning the page and tightening the screws, or if it's a nice fluke.

i agree on shelley i think he played his best game as a Flyer..

but i think Timmo is showing his age... even a short season might be to long if we go deep into a PO run.

SgtJoseph*

Actually, dating back to the winter classic, his stats have been pretty great outside of the playoffs. But he was playing with a broken foot and hurt hip in the playoffs

I agree with you.........MANY forget he was hurt with a foot injury late last season.

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
that was the type of flyers game one loves to watch. fast action, the dmen were pinching nicely. simmonds voracek shaking off rust. the grossman hit on gaborik was monstrous, nice clean hit. the boys cut down on rangers chances, making bryzs job easy, and bryz looks like he is settling in. :handclap:

that was a perfect game from us. nice to watch a great flyers game again and break that Pejorative Slured 7 game losin streak. we needed that bad and it needed to happen against them.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

McGinn's fight

wow. You almost started to feel bad for Newbury...almost. Then you remember he's a Ranger.

It's funny, I actually think the players are pretty likable on the Rangers, but their announcer and coach just amp the hate for me.

Good win for you guys. Congrats.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville

Knowing their offencive disatvantages in this game, they played defence first. The whole team was very responsible defencively. Loved it!

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Bryz has playe well all year actually.........Penalties have been our BIGGEST problem.

They outworked the rags and paid attention to detail and I must admit that 4th line Lavi rolled out there was something else! When this team plays with passion and gets the win that is all I can ask for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad