GDT: Game #4| Jan. 24, 2013|Rangers at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
EZ on the Tostito love....like the guy but Sestito seems to always get under the Ranger's skin and play well against them. Like to see more of him to get a good gauge

Last edited:

toughfighter83*

it was a nice game but losing mez is going to be a problem, so is foster coming back?

my opinion however is that we are not getting enough offense from the defensive players, can they bring up lauridsen yet? since mez is out?

however, why didnt this team play like this since day 1 then? did the hartnell injury make this team better? that's what is fustrating me, they'll play great one game and they will play lously the next, i hope they keep this up and not fool us.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
it was a nice game but losing mez is going to be a problem, so is foster coming back?

my opinion however is that we are not getting enough offense from the defensive players, can they bring up lauridsen yet? since mez is out?

however, why didnt this team play like this since day 1 then? did the hartnell injury make this team better? that's what is fustrating me, they'll play great one game and they will play lously the next, i hope they keep this up and not fool us.

Lauridsen over Foster doesn't solve that problem

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
Me too. Big Sestito fan. I know it is not a popular sentiment these days, but I think a really rough and tumble fourth line would make things very difficult for the opposition. Much of the league is becoming flashy and moving away from the gritty stuff. If the Flyers come out with a line of Sestito-Talbot-Rinaldo (or something along those lines), it would be tough for a lot of the softer teams out there to match up. Yes Sestito is not a defensively sound player, but Talbot is and Rinaldo can hold his own. They won't be shutting guys down with their defensive skills though, they will be shutting them down by bruising them up.

Same here, I like Sestito.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I hate to be one of the people that's a fan of a goonish type guy, but chalk me up as one that likes the dynamic with Sestito in the lineup. The dude is a wrecking ball, plays relatively clean, can fight to provide a spark, and can actually play hockey. He can easily play 4th line hockey and not hurt your squad. He's thrown some devestating hits in his time here and I think it just provides an edge that is beneficial to the team. He's Rinaldo without the side show, IMO.

He's a guy other teams have to look over their shoulder for. You add enough guys that can throw hits and it makes other teams nervous.

flyersguy33*

eating some crow today. tastes pretty good. great team effort. loved the blocked shots and Bryz was on. he is having a great start to the season

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Me too. Big Sestito fan. I know it is not a popular sentiment these days, but I think a really rough and tumble fourth line would make things very difficult for the opposition. Much of the league is becoming flashy and moving away from the gritty stuff. If the Flyers come out with a line of Sestito-Talbot-Rinaldo (or something along those lines), it would be tough for a lot of the softer teams out there to match up. Yes Sestito is not a defensively sound player, but Talbot is and Rinaldo can hold his own. They won't be shutting guys down with their defensive skills though, they will be shutting them down by bruising them up.
I wonder what the three Stooges line (Shelley - Rinaldo - Sestito) would look like on the ice :D

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
And here is hoping he stays for atleast one more season. He is progressing great down there. Be foolish to sign him at the end of the year

(random ghost talk in the GDT haha)

How does it work with college guys? Can you bring them in whenever their season is over? If he decides he doesn't want to go back there next year, can they be brought in then or do they have to wait for the next season?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
How does it work with college guys? Can you bring them in whenever their season is over? If he decides he doesn't want to go back there next year, can they be brought in then or do they have to wait for the next season?

Do you mean could a drafted player, currently playing in the NCAA, join his NHL team at the end of this season? He could but he loses all NCAA eligibility.

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
Do you mean could a drafted player, currently playing in the NCAA, join his NHL team at the end of this season? He could but he loses all NCAA eligibility.

OK. I figured he'd lose his eligibility, but I wasn't sure if there was any rules on when he could join. Say a player gets kick out of school in December for some reason, can he be brought in right away or does he have to wait for the college season to end?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
OK. I figured he'd lose his eligibility, but I wasn't sure if there was any rules on when he could join. Say a player gets kick out of school in December for some reason, can he be brought in right away or does he have to wait for the college season to end?

If he got kicked off College Team X for a violation and was no longer part of that program? I don't see why he wouldn't be eligible to play immediately in the NHL if he was drafted.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
But Gustafsson over Foster may be the answer. He is back at pratice with the Phantoms apparently. Let him play a game in the AHL and if he still looks legit, call him up again...

I agree. I think Gus can be very good when he's playing with confidence and the right partner. Could help out the 2nd pp unit too since Mez is out.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
a storm is brewing tonight folks. Maybe a perfect storm.

Home game
Struggling team
Facing much adversity
Playing against unbeatable rival
That rival is coming off a game yesterday an emotional high win

yes tonight is the perfect storm for a win.

I'm a believer.

solid call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad