GDT: Game 4: Hawks @ Wild- 7PM CT on WGN -- Spirit Dog Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I imply from Manning not getting a dog pic that the GDT starter theme is hinting that Manning already IS a dog!?
The reality is rather that he IS a dog's breakfast...therefore he deserves a dog pic too ...but it should be a dog shown eating his breakfast ...perhaps under the Golden Arches ...because...you know eating break their is enough to make anyone hurl...even a dog.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Anyway should we not finally discuss the game tonight rather than the ingenuity used to start this thread with the dog pic theme...

THE WILD...YAWN....a 60 minute game interrupted by maybe 5 minutes of action...cone to think of it ...is that not right up our alley. ..you know...flip the switcheck. ..Kane's 5 minutes of time when in a couple of shifts he actually decides he will work and shine with brilliance while yawning g us on all his bother shifts? Imagine what he could be if he gave us say 2 period of top end work to his max ability? WHY if he did that he would probably get 50 goals and 130 points..nope...5 minutes of a few shifts of shining is enough to get 80 points in his sleep ..so why try to be Mathews ...flip the switch ...a couple of good shifts...that is enough..80 points in the bank ...why give more..Contract already flowing to his bank.

Be a star...yes...be a super-star ...nah...too much effort required.

But wake me up for those 5 minutes ...Cause Minnesota will sick the life out of those other 55 minutes. .Of course if Ward us a sieve again..this could be over even beyond a late Kane flip the switch few moments.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Anyway should we not finally discuss the game tonight rather than the ingenuity used to start this thread with the dog pic theme...

THE WILD...YAWN....a 60 minute game interrupted by maybe 5 minutes of action...cone to think of it ...is that not right up our alley. ..you know...flip the switcheck. ..Kane's 5 minutes of time when in a couple of shifts he actually decides he will work and shine with brilliance while yawning g us on all his bother shifts? Imagine what he could be if he gave us say 2 period of top end work to his max ability? WHY if he did that he would probably get 50 goals and 130 points..nope...5 minutes of a few shifts of shining is enough to get 80 points in his sleep ..so why try to be Mathews ...flip the switch ...a couple of good shifts...that is enough..80 points in the bank ...why give more..Contract already flowing to his bank.

Be a star...yes...be a super-star ...nah...too much effort required.

But wake me up for those 5 minutes ...Cause Minnesota will sick the life out of those other 55 minutes. .Of course if Ward us a sieve again..this could be over even beyond a late Kane flip the switch few moments.

If Hawks can take the lead, preferably a 2 goal lead, and make Wild open up a bit hence chasing the game, their chances improve rather drastically. A 2 - 1 tight checking game does not favour Chicago at this point in time.

AND: stay out of the penalty box.

Last edited:
Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Manning gets no love............
Fine ... this is Manning is dog form. Happy?

tumblr_n6ncsdb39e1tbsyeeo1_500.gif

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The writing was on the wall last summer the moment he was acquired... that come hell or high water some would try and put the bulk of the blame for poor results on Ward. It began from game 1 and here the team sits with 5 points out of a possible 6 and it's still happening.

It's too bad folks weren't equally as critical about the real problems facing this team: porous defensive team game, ridiculous turnovers, poor PK, brutal PP, questionable roster decisions and bad penalties ... to name a few of the more obvious issues.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Not sure about the D pairings tonight. I kind of thought they were going to put Keith-Seabrook back together and roll with Manning-the Finn. Hopefully the ones they are rolling with will work.

We are getting the fringes of Michael in Richmond tonight(heavy rain, wind). Hopefully I will be able to tune into the game.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Speaking of dogs ... question: is Toews back? Is he completely focused on hockey and given up the responsibility of taking care of the dog? :)

tumblr_nre37eSMN51qm6joao1_500.jpg

Don't take it the wrong way. It's a joke. You never know nowadays how people take it.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Not sure about the D pairings tonight. I kind of thought they were going to put Keith-Seabrook back together and roll with Manning-the Finn. Hopefully the ones they are rolling with will work.

We are getting the fringes of Michael in Richmond tonight(heavy rain, wind). Hopefully I will be able to tune into the game.
That's really not fair to Jokiharju. He plays like a top paring guy in his first three games and then gets saddled with you as his defensive partner? We want the kid to gain confidence in his abilities, not step into traffic...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The writing was on the wall last summer the moment he was acquired... that come hell or high water some would try and put the bulk of the blame for poor results on Ward. It began from game 1 and here the team sits with 5 points out of a possible 6 and it's still happening.

It's too bad folks weren't equally as critical about the real problems facing this team: porous defensive team game, ridiculous turnovers, poor PK, brutal PP, questionable roster decisions and bad penalties ... to name a few of the more obvious issues.
He's a big part of the problem, no one is saying he is the problem.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Cam Ward has been a bad goalie since 2011 at the latest. Im not sure how anybody can claim either

A) theyre surprised he’s bad

B) he hasnt been bad

With a straight face.

We just have to cross our fingers and hope our top 5 goalie comes back soon. Til then, just hope the team holds its head above water despite a sub-900 sv%

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
My Hawks addition so outta control was actually thinking weaseling out guests from across the Atlantic semi-family type event.
Note to self: Dude, they're visitors from 3000 miles away and still 78 games left after tonight.
Answer to Note to self: Yeah okay, but we're in 1st place!

Full disclosure tho - I am gonna tho sneak to the car & check in the radio call - can't help myself. ;-)
GoHawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad