Post-Game Talk: Game 4 Florida Panthers vs Tampa bay Lightning: Expect the unexpected

Status
Not open for further replies.

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
Yes, Q has been really good this year. Other than that one coaches challenge against the Preds in the year, and maybe a couple goaltending decisions, he had a really good year.
Maybe not so hot this postseason though.
I'm as big a Knight fan as the next person, but I don't know about putting him infront of this defense and throwing him in the wolves.
We have nothing to lose, and you explain that to him. If he gives up 6 it's not going to change our plan for him going forward.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
We have nothing to lose, and you explain that to him. If he gives up 6 it's not going to change our plan for him going forward.
I just have a very uneasy feeling about this. Hopefully it doesn't shatter any confidence he has that's built up this season if the game goes awry.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
If putting the kid in there in this situation breaks him, he wasn't ever gonna be the guy anyway.

Better to find out right now.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
What's the logic supposed to be behind Q leaving for Seattle? Isn't he paid well here? Isn't he given autonomy to coach the team how he wants? Isn't ownership giving the financial support needed without meddling in hockey ops now?

What's he not getting here that he'd be dissatisfied with?

Reactions: Ghoste

PC76

Aug 24, 2016
I think they gotta can rob tallas. Get someone else in here to work with the goalies. Even dreidger is declining the more time he spends here. There is clearly something fundamentally wrong. Maybe that can get bob to a point where he doesn’t single handidly cost us games. Gotta try that before u spend a boatload on buyout
And before Tallas can coach down Spencer Knight. Have we had an outstanding goalie since Tallas has been here? Seems that goalies regress when they spend time in Florida.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
I just have a very uneasy feeling about this. Hopefully it doesn't shatter any confidence he has that's built up this season if the game goes awry.
Knight did come into the Nashville game in the third period and played well. Earning the win. I thought that putting him in then was not a good move but the team played tighter and he was fine. While this is the playoffs. I don’t think there is any pressure on him. I think the pressure will be on the defense. Maybe Q motivates the team by putting in Knight.

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
What's the logic supposed to be behind Q leaving for Seattle? Isn't he paid well here? Isn't he given autonomy to coach the team how he wants? Isn't ownership giving the financial support needed without meddling in hockey ops now?

He played with the gm 4 decades ago or something. It doesn't make sense to me either and I haven't seen one legitimate hockey reporter even have Q on the short list of possibilities.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I'd say all those goalies are trash lol. Driedger is the only one that has put up good numbers here. Because he's been the only solid goaltender we've had during that time span.

No I don't think a new goalie will fix the very evident issues with team defense, but holy f*** this guy makes $10 million and can't even keep us in a game that we completely dominated.

Bob will never be here for 8 years. He's either gone or the team relocates before that contract is over. Cannot f***ing believe Dale Tallon what a dumb f***.
Only 5 years left and 3 before the contract will be palatable for a cap floor team.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida

shit article by shit writer. its a stretch and he just wants clicks.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
So is the consensus both Driedger and Bob have been bad? And the defense has not been at fault at all? It's just both goalies being bad?
Yet no one will/can confidently name a starter that would magically fix it all. If the leagues current best goalie wouldnt do it who could?

It hasnt been all on the goalies for years now. They do need to be better, but some more help would assist greatly. Whoops better stop defending Bob...

:rolleyes:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It would not.

allowing 10 goals in the game could give him trouble sleeping and nightmares for the next 2 or 3 days, but that’s about it.
It poses a good question for those who want Knight in net tomorrow:

How many goals would it take for Knight to get pulled, in your opinion?
:surrender

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I want Knight in net.
Look, it’s hard to be worse than what we saw (cite whatever reasons you want). Give someone a chance to stand on their head, who cares how old he is. The idea that he is going to be tarnished or whatever is silly. He’s watching Bobrovsky, a Vezina winner, and Driedger, a fresh young top performer, stink it up. If anything, he’s in the best possible and most relatable company to say it’s okay to stink it up, don’t question yourself.

Reactions: Vilam

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I want Knight in net.
Look, it’s hard to be worse than what we saw (cite whatever reasons you want). Give someone a chance to stand on their head, who cares how old he is. The idea that he is going to be tarnished or whatever is silly. He’s watching Bobrovsky, a Vezina winner, and Driedger, a fresh young top performer, stink it up. If anything, he’s in the best possible and most relatable company to say it’s okay to stink it up, don’t question yourself.

I agree he might turn into a Cam Ward and get hot. Nothing to lose here

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
The team-wide defensive structure is trash. Start Bob.

The probability that Knight wins the game on his own is remote. And he is going to win the series ?

Its easy to change the goaltender. Its more difficult to play a style the roster isn't equipped to play.

Reactions: Cold Cat

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Yeah, it’s demoralizing when you get grade A chances and the opposing goalie makes the stops, but you can’t get a save from your own goalie. Remember, goalies are allowed to stop deflections and redirections. It’s not always luck when they do it. Go back and watch Knight’s second game. He stopped a few too!

ok, he's stopped deflections. the deflection on goal 2 was almost unreal. going 3 feet wide, already almost past the goal line.

and it mostly is positioning.

i love knight as much as the next person and i'm frustrated with some of the softies bob has let in. hanging him out to dry on that first goal then allowing those ridiculous redirections right in front of him isn't a good measure of a goaltender.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
If anyone’s doubting the pretty sorry state of our defense, think about it this way: after Zito added a journeyman others gave up on, a waiver guy, a nobody FA, an amateur rookie, and some other supposedly bottom pairing guys, what happened?

Even with Ekblad down, our team defense IMPROVED! What a crappy state it was in before because it’s still far from fixed. We need Ekblad back and we STILL need at least another 2nd pairing, hard playing D.

completely agree.

and we need to refocus on keeping it clean in the paint. that's more about technique and coaching than anything else.

Reactions: KW and Cold Cat

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Maybe I’m in the minority here, but we shouldn’t be cutting guys slack because they were good X number of years ago.

alright, stop piling on. he wasn't good X years ago. he was fantastic in the playoffs the year before he signed with us.

AND, inarguably, he began his tenure behind a dreadful defense.

go ahead and keep bashing. i'm fine with holding a player accountable when they are clearly underperforming. that's been the case with bob at times but not, in my opinion, in game 4.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Just about every playoffs there’s one team that comes back from 3-1. Occasionally even from 3-0. One of the most outrageous recent-ish examples was Flyers down 3-0 in the series to Bruins, won the next 3 AND then they were down 3-0 in game 7, and they came back and won it.

Who will it be this year? Why not us?

Reactions: Vilam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad