Post-Game Talk: Game 4 Florida Panthers vs Tampa bay Lightning: Expect the unexpected

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I honestly believe this series turned the way it has when Q decided not to put Bob in net game 2. You made your decision for game one, stick with it. Bob didn't lose you game 1, Sam Bennett did.

You’re right. Once Bennett went into the box, the goalie was immediately absolved of his responsibility to make saves. Must be nice to make a lot of money and not deserve criticism for much at all!

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I think they gotta can rob tallas. Get someone else in here to work with the goalies. Even dreidger is declining the more time he spends here. There is clearly something fundamentally wrong. Maybe that can get bob to a point where he doesn’t single handidly cost us games. Gotta try that before u spend a boatload on buyout

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Why does it require context? Please provide it if it’s so relevant
In both cases at least the top half of the net was open. The two shooters couldn’t lift the puck despite both being routine shots. That’s your relevant context. I guess you’re just making stuff up without watching the game in question so that you can engage in your favorite pastime: Bob bashing.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You’re right. Once Bennett went into the box, the goalie was immediately absolved of his responsibility to make saves. Must be nice to make a lot of money and not deserve criticism for much at all!
Why does Bennett get a free pass? That penalty was very unnecessarily dumb. Not only did he cost game 1, but I would argue game 2, not having him in the lineup.

Reactions: Pigge and Chaos2k7

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I honestly believe this series turned the way it has when Q decided not to put Bob in net game 2. You made your decision for game one, stick with it. Bob didn't lose you game 1, Sam Bennett did.

I agree, there was no reason to start Judge game 2. But Q has been pretty good this season otherwise, so not gonna pile on him for it. The fact is Bob is a mediocre goalie and Judge has been reverting more to the mean the more games he gets and more pressure he faces. We won't have strong goaltending until Knight matures.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
In both cases at least the top half of the net was open. The two shooters couldn’t lift the puck despite both being routine shots. That’s your relevant context. I guess you’re just making stuff up without watching the game in question so that you can engage in your favorite pastime: Bob bashing.

Still not sure how that’s relevant at all, but it’s ok. You have every right to defend Bob while we continue to lose games because of him.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Still not sure how that’s relevant at all, but it’s ok. You have every right to defend Bob while we continue to lose games because of him.
I explained exactly why the context is important. But you have every right to continue your Bob bashing and not make fair statements instead. Yes, that’s your right.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Which is great, but do you honestly believe switching Bob/Judge for Ullmark would fix our issues? Its as simple as that? Its that line of Tallon thinking that got us into the mess we currently have.

We have been through like 6 goalies in the last 5 years. They are not all trash. They need to be better and dont deserve a pass either, but the D core has been miscontructed for years, Zito has spent all year trying to address it. I have no doubt that if we had Ekblad in the lineup it would be better, but has better ever been good enough? We need a top 10 D. Yandle, Stralman, and Bob, are 21 million.

There will be more changes this offseason.
I'd say all those goalies are trash lol. Driedger is the only one that has put up good numbers here. Because he's been the only solid goaltender we've had during that time span.

No I don't think a new goalie will fix the very evident issues with team defense, but holy f*** this guy makes $10 million and can't even keep us in a game that we completely dominated.

Bob will never be here for 8 years. He's either gone or the team relocates before that contract is over. Cannot f***ing believe Dale Tallon what a dumb f***.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Q is the coach this team needs. He's already changed the culture of the franchise and helped revitalize the fanbase. Losing him will be a killer for attendance to start next season imo. As we're so used to being on the wrong end of things like this.

Hell, this team excited me to the point of driving 500 miles to watch them on the road in my first ever hockey game.
If Q leaves for Seattle that will be the death knell of the Florida Panthers as a franchise.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
I've seen GR reporting that Knight is getting starting practice and that Kiersted was on the ice for Nutivaara.
I think it's reasonable to think Q is leaning towards giving Knight the nod and that Nutivaara is out for how poorly he has played.

But have you seen anything about Denny and Hippo? Or just speculating?

Haven't seen anything. Only heard what you have regarding Knight and Kiersted. Haven't heard anything of Deni or Hepo, but I'm hopeful. Would love to see all 4 in.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
If Q leaves for Seattle that will be the death knell of the Florida Panthers as a franchise.
I think you're overestimating the degree to which fans care about the coach. Q did an amazing job of helping Barkov, Ekblad, and Huberdeau take the next step and become truly elite players with confidence. Losing him isn't gonna undo that.

The death knell for South Florida hockey will be if, come summer 2022, Barkov is no longer on the team but Bobrovsky still is.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I think you're overestimating the degree to which fans care about the coach. Q did an amazing job of helping Barkov, Ekblad, and Huberdeau take the next step and become truly elite players with confidence. Losing him isn't gonna undo that.

The death knell for South Florida hockey will be if, come summer 2022, Barkov is no longer on the team but Bobrovsky still is.
Lol many here view it as a guarantee Barky will resign because he’s a good quiet loyal Finnish boy who magically lives outside the parameters of the business called sports

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

It's not about the fans, it's about the fact that this franchise can't keep a great name like Q for more than a couple of years.

And yes if Q leaves we can basically kiss Barky and Huberdeau goodbye but my point was that it would be the catalyst for the beginning of the end. Maybe death knell wasn't the right term in this case.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Nashville completely outplayed by Carolina and are tied 2-2 because their goalie makes a shit ton of saves for them (58/61 in game 4).
So in this case did Ned cost Carolina the game?
Lol many here view it as a guarantee Barky will resign because he’s a good quiet loyal Finnish boy who magically lives outside the parameters of the business called sports
Are there any analogs for him not coming back? Only cases I can really think of where a captain with a blank check leaves is if he’s heading back to his hometown team that he’s always dreamed of playing for (see Tavares).

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
So in this case did Ned cost Carolina the game?

Are there any analogs for him not coming back? Only cases I can really think of where a captain with a blank check leaves is if he’s heading back to his hometown team that he’s always dreamed of playing for (see Tavares).
Yandle is a goner for one. That in itself will initiate a locker room morale issue. It’s clear that Barky is good friends with him. Ok whatever no biggie, Barky can look beyond that. But then what about Huby? If he’s a goner too...man, good luck convincing Barkov to stay. If Yandle, Huby, and now some wild rumors or Q leaving...? Yeah, good luck with that. Barkov will talk to to Huby I’m sure. We might have to sign them both I dunno how that’s gonna work. He might want Huby to be signed as well in tandem, some assurance.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I agree, there was no reason to start Judge game 2. But Q has been pretty good this season otherwise, so not gonna pile on him for it. The fact is Bob is a mediocre goalie and Judge has been reverting more to the mean the more games he gets and more pressure he faces. We won't have strong goaltending until Knight matures.
Yes, Q has been really good this year. Other than that one coaches challenge against the Preds in the year, and maybe a couple goaltending decisions, he had a really good year.
Maybe not so hot this postseason though.
I'm as big a Knight fan as the next person, but I don't know about putting him infront of this defense and throwing him in the wolves.

Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad