GDT: Game 4 ECQF|Rangers@Penguins|Jail Break!|Wed, April 22, 2015|7:00PM|CEC|NBCSN/SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
The Pens should make changes, but Malkin and Sutter have never looked anything other than terrible together. The duties of a center aren't wearing him down, it's the mere fact that he's playing playoff hockey on bum legs.

If he were with Sutter, the only things that would change is that he'd have fewer touches and his lack of speed would be an even bigger hindrance on the wing.

Change the wings around. Leave the superstar natural center at center.

The thing is, playoff Sutter seems to actually be a good player. Malkin, right now, is below par. I'm not saying it would work, but perhaps the dynamic would be different.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Two predictions:

1) whichever team wins this game wins the series
2) we're gonna lose tonight, I guarantee it*

*Steve Avery Triple Gold Certified Guarantee*

steve-harvey-rants1.png

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Lappy playing wing is interesting. Not sure if it's a typo. But that gives us the option to move him around the lineup a bit.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Lappy playing wing is interesting. Not sure if it's a typo. But that gives us the option to move him around the lineup a bit.

Wish they would scratch Scuds. If they lose tonight they may do it at the Garden. Still, happy to see Perron back on the left.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Wish they would scratch Scuds. If they lose tonight they may do it at the Garden. Still, happy to see Perron back on the left.

Scratching Scuds just doesn't seem plausible. Although I never thought I'd see the day that Adams was scratched either. Maybe when Pouliot is 100% it will happen. Perron-Malkin-Comeau should be good. I'd like to swap Kunitz out with.. well any other winger. Baby steps though.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

They won't scratch Scuderi, for some reason they see him as a key part of the team.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
:laugh::laugh:

Unrelated: MJ seems to have reached the "throw shut against the wall" phase of the lineup.

Wish he'd do the same with the D

If Scuds was the leader he was cracked up to be, he'd take matters into his own hands and retire five minutes from now.

Unrelated: I love that any time I hear someone mention or read something about Sean Avery from now until the end of my days, an image of Steve Harvey will pop into my head.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
I'm not sure how to feel before this one. I really think this is the series. We need to come out hard, find a couple goals from somewhere, and play the full 60. It can be done, but will it? Which team will we see in game 4?

I get to watch this one at home. The only other game I've been home to see was a win on Saturday. Let's hope it's good juju.

Let's go Pens!

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Well our 4th line has been our 2nd best line this series, so it's good MJ's gonna put a stop to that. Of course juggling the lines while you still have Scuderi and Lovejoy in your top 4 is like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I think we will pull it off tonight.

Geno wakes up and dominates tonight. That's my prediction.

It's really not about waking up, Geno is pretty clearly hurt. And putting him on a line with Perron, who must be nursing some kind of hip or lower body injury, and Comeau who's got the one good hand is our new invalid line. Together, they make one complete, healthy guy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Don't promote Rossi in any way if you want him out of here. Him and DK are cashing in with zero credibility. Just flat out don't give them anything.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If Scuds was the leader he was cracked up to be, he'd take matters into his own hands and retire five minutes from now.

Unrelated: I love that any time I hear someone mention or read something about Sean Avery from now until the end of my days, an image of Steve Harvey will pop into my head.

If Rob pulled himself from the lineup, I'd fund the erecting of his statue in front of CEC.

I now picturing Steve Harvey doing jumping jacks in front of Brodeur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad