GDT: Game 4 ECQF|Rangers@Penguins|Jail Break!|Wed, April 22, 2015|7:00PM|CEC|NBCSN/SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I have a good feeling about the 2nd line tonight. They know they can't lose this game if they have any hope of winning this series.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
I'll be happy with 10 shots on net per period, regardless of the outcome

MrWilson*

Some have suggested Malkin play on Sutter's wing tonight. Sounds worth a try if it gets Malkin more looks and less defensive responsibility?

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Some have suggested Malkin play on Sutter's wing tonight. Sounds worth a try if it gets Malkin more looks and less defensive responsibility?

"you have to play with sutter until you start being awesome again" seems like more stick than carrot

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Who...you and Rossi?

It was tried earlier in the season and it was horrible.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm feeling a statement win (or loss). I just have a feeling either the Pens or Rangers are going to find a way to break out offensively eventually. Hopefully it's us.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No offense but Sutter has been one of our better forwards in the playoffs outside of Crosby and Hornqvist. The guy is getting a lot of chances for someone that has trouble creating them for himself and has a heavy shot.

It wouldn't hurt to try at all, shunning it, really? Are you guys watching the same freaking team here? Some experimentation with the line-up wouldn't be a bad thing.

And HBD Z.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Malkin is gonna have a big game, i'm feeling it.

Pens will win tonight.

He's due. Can you imagine what we could do with a healthy Malkin, Ehrhoff, Maatta, Duper and Letang?

In the meanwhile i'll settle with refs calling more Rags interference.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Cant watch the game due to my final exam tomorrow but will watch it as soon as Im back home. Really important game, dont think we could come back from a 1-3. Go and **** them!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm looking forward to the drama of the off season more than I am this game.

I feel the same. It was not that the Pens lost last game, but all the drama piled on after. I am picking up a relative at the airport and then we are getting dinner. I likely will miss at least the first period, more likely about half the game. And I was surprised to discover that it did not even bother me that much. That whole JR exploding on Rossi thing, however much Rossi deserved it, how much we cheered him getting it, spoke volumes about how much of a cluster**** and lack of control we have in the front office. And how on edge they are. You never let 'em see you sweat is the old saying. Anyways I hope that they win, I hope that the refs do not suck, and always against us, as much as they have all series and all year. It would be good to overachieve for one year.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Niskanen was our worse defenseman last year in the playoffs. We can't afford to pay people that are fringe top four defenseman that kind of money.

Washington has Carlson and Alzner who are tremendous and greatly cover for Orpik and Niskanen.

Agree that we can't afford to pay fringe players but I disagree that Nisky was our worst dman last year in the playoffs. There were far more issues out of Scuderi and Orpik and to a very small extent Maatta.

I think Lappy will finally score a goal tonight.

That would be huge for him. He really deserves one. Talk about a boost to his energy.

If Perron scores a goal, I think he will turn the corner. When that confidence is down its down and only scoring a goal brings it up. Even hitting an empty netter would be beneficial. Tell ya this, at the last seconds had he sniped that one shot I would have rode him in the OT. Dude needs that release of pressure. Perron picking it back up takes pressure off of Malkin.

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Perron-Sutter-Malkin
Comeau-Lapierre-Spaling
Downie-Winnik-Bennett

is something I could get on board with. That 4th (now 3rd) line has been too good to break up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00