GDT: Game #4: Coyotes @ Blues - 5:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Especially with Crouse doing his best impression of Amelia Earhart
That's funny. That Bjugstad line started out very slow, shuffled the lines and now only Crouse is pointless, but he looked better against the Blues.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nah. It's just that Crouse hasn't seemed to be able to get himself going so far this season (never mind an entire team,) meanwhile they just aired an interview with BA giving Keller a glowing review on his competitiveness and locker room presence.
He also said Keller isn't a vocal leader. He leads by example. Keller, Crouse and maybe a Schmaltz would be good. Speaking of Schmaltz, I thought he was going to be a goner after all the talk of us being broke.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm guessing you guys are counting along with me, but I think Cooley has only had like one bad pass all season. Every single time he touches the puck, he either makes a good play, or a spectacular play. His vision is unlike anything we have on this team.
I really enjoy watching Maccelli and Cooley. They are so good on their skates. Vision and passing are first class, and they hardly ever loose the puck.

Reactions: More Cooley

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fun game. The whole thing was really entertaining.

It appears like my hope for Carcone is coming true, rather than my actual expectation for Carcone. And that’s a darn good thing.

Happy to see the blueline come alive tonight, too.

Schmaltz has looked like a star player this season.

Hayton is a great compliment for Keller and Schmaltz but he missed on like four absolutely glorious opportunities they set up for him. Can’t help but think Cooley would’ve had a hattrick tonight if he was on that line. Oh well, we’ve got time to see what happens with all that.
My thoughts exactly.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
CHL.tv has it right. They stream the in-arena, jumbotron video feed, and you can toggle between either the home or the away radio broadcast. Since I have no rooting interest, I pick whichever is less annoying. It’s great. One thing I’ve learned listening to dozens and dozens of CHL radio broadcasts is they 90% of them are better than McConnell and Nash.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What can’t believe we had a chance to get rid of this crew and didn’t take it. We have all the pieces just sitting there to save money and improve quality at the same time. The radio team is better than the tv team. Just simulcast. Easy peasy.

I've given up expecting this franchise to do the commonsensical thing with regard to broadcasting. Hell, Meruelo owns broadcasting entities of his own; he should have known better than to put his games on a secondary digital channel that half the Valley can't even get on an antenna, and then put the radio side onto a network that preempts live games for Cardinals and Suns talk shows (last night, hearing Heethuis say, "At 6pm, the rest of the game will be on the Arizona Sports app," was one of the most embarrassing things I've experienced as a Coyotes fan in two decades and it has a LOT of competition).

Stream the f***ing games, guys. Jeez.

Reactions: LittlePipes

rt

May 13, 2004
I've given up expecting this franchise to do the commonsensical thing with regard to broadcasting. Hell, Meruelo owns broadcasting entities of his own; he should have known better than to put his games on a secondary digital channel that half the Valley can't even get on an antenna, and then put the radio side onto a network that preempts live games for Cardinals and Suns talk shows (last night, hearing Heethuis say, "At 6pm, the rest of the game will be on the Arizona Sports app," was one of the most embarrassing things I've experienced as a Coyotes fan in two decades and it has a LOT of competition).

Stream the f***ing games, guys. Jeez.
I guess we can hope that things come together at the same time. They get an arena built around the same time they figure out media, around the same time the team become a legit playoff team, poised for deep runs. Everything all together at once. It’ll be like an expansion in Vegas or Seattle. Actual good timing and everything working together. Half the valley sports fans think the coyotes relocated to Canada five years ago anyway.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Can anyone tell me how Stecher and the rest of our D corp played besides the obvious scoresheet?
The only D that really stood out to me were Durzi, Dumba, and Dermott. Another solid game from Dermott. Durzi is definitely skilled…some nifty passes to go with the goal and he’s been ok defensively. I haven’t noticed him getting burned too much. Dumba looked good, was jumping into the play and solid in his own end. Moser was steady and solid…since he’s been playing with Durzi maybe he’s just not jumping up into the play more on purpose. Stecher I guess was alright,,,honestly didn’t notice him much other than one good scoring chance he had.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What can’t believe we had a chance to get rid of this crew and didn’t take it. We have all the pieces just sitting there to save money and improve quality at the same time. The radio team is better than the tv team. Just simulcast. Easy peasy.
Heeter is good for radio not TV. We have to go outside to find someone worth their weight in salt.

The only D that really stood out to me were Durzi, Dumba, and Dermott. Another solid game from Dermott. Durzi is definitely skilled…some nifty passes to go with the goal and he’s been ok defensively. I haven’t noticed him getting burned too much. Dumba looked good, was jumping into the play and solid in his own end. Moser was steady and solid…since he’s been playing with Durzi maybe he’s just not jumping up into the play more on purpose. Stecher I guess was alright,,,honestly didn’t notice him much other than one good scoring chance he had.
I think the D played their best game of the year.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
CHL.tv has it right. They stream the in-arena, jumbotron video feed, and you can toggle between either the home or the away radio broadcast. Since I have no rooting interest, I pick whichever is less annoying. It’s great. One thing I’ve learned listening to dozens and dozens of CHL radio broadcasts is they 90% of them are better than McConnell and Nash.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing from the Blues broadcast last night but Jamie Rivers was actually breaking the game down and educating the audience. I'm so used to only hearing "Whoaaaaa, Are you kidding me????, [insert nose joke], [insert McConnell wardrobe joke]" from Nash[er].

Rivers was breaking down our PP and the different plays we were running with our wingers when the puck got deep. I've literally never heard anything like that once in all the years I've watched this crew.

Reactions: rt and Summer Rose

rt

May 13, 2004
I couldn't believe what I was hearing from the Blues broadcast last night but Jamie Rivers was actually breaking the game down and educating the audience. I'm so used to only hearing "Whoaaaaa, Are you kidding me????, [insert nose joke], [insert McConnell wardrobe joke]" from Nash[er].

Rivers was breaking down our PP and the different plays we were running with our wingers when the puck got deep. I've literally never heard anything like that once in all the years I've watched this crew.
Sean Burke was a guest color commentator many many many years ago and it was incredible. So insightful and educational.

Reactions: Summer Rose

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Heeter is good for radio not TV. We have to go outside to find someone worth their weight in salt.

I think the D played their best game of the year.
I thought the D has played better than expected this year (so far). That and net minding bodes well for us. I think we have 6 forwards capable of 50+ points, I can't remember the last time that was possible even. Scoring for once, won't be our biggest problem (I hope).

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Sean Burke was a guest color commentator many many many years ago and it was incredible. So insightful and educational.
I liked Gerry Cheevers when he was the color commentator for the Whalers for doing the same thing. Goalies have unique perspectives as they have to constantly second guess how a play develops.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I read through the Blues GDT last night and I’m finding it amusing that they can’t stand their broadcast team either.

Must be an HF thing. :laugh:

While most of you here don’t care for our broadcast team the vast majority of people out there who watch this team do.

rt

May 13, 2004
I read through the Blues GDT last night and I’m finding it amusing that they can’t stand their broadcast team either.

While most of you here don’t care for our broadcast team the vast majority of people out there who watch this team do.
Broadcast teams should not be allowed to survive prolonged periods of losing. As in year after year. I think there’s something about being forced to watch two dunces whistle past the graveyard and put lipstick on a pick 82 times a year for years on end that makes you hate them a little. Tyson and Matt are the sound track of failure and disappointment.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

Honestly they’re fine to me…they’re both corny goofballs so they do ok together. McConnell usually bugs me more than Nash for some reason. It would be nice to have someone sort of like Tony Romo for the NFL, where he’s able to breakdown plays and give more insights into the finer nuances of hockey to educate more people…but Nash does ok most of the time. It’s Walsh that’s the one for me that drives me nuts. I’m used to him after so many years, but man, he’s insufferable.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Broadcast teams should not be allowed to survive prolonged periods of losing. As in year after year. I think there’s something about being forced to watch two dunces whistle past the graveyard and put lipstick on a pick 82 times a year for years on end that makes you hate them a little. Tyson and Matt are the sound track of failure and disappointment.

Well Strader survived a few. Only left because he got a national gig.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad