GDT: Game 4: Coyotes @ Avalanche: Still Too Soon to Tell; Saturday 7 PM MST (or 9am Sunday GMT+8)

Which former Av will have a bigger impact?

• Total voters

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
MacKinnon especially looks out of sync right now. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a new linemate to force him to simplify things. Rantanen or Landeskog might be able to create some magic with Kadri too.

By the way, research on change shows the best time to make changes is actually when things are going well, not after they've already gone wrong.

If only this weren't also when people are most resistant to avoiding complacency *sigh*

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Until Kadri picks up his game the top line should definitely not be broken up. He's been just okay to brutal to start the season. Why put the best player to start the season with someone who is struggling?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Really thought this post would gather more positive feedback. I should probably feel disappointed in my attempt but instead I’m disappointed in all of you.
The hard lesson to learn here is, no one cares about the GDT music. I have my research on this.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Until Kadri picks up his game the top line should definitely not be broken up. He's been just okay to brutal to start the season. Why put the best player to start the season with someone who is struggling?
I disagree, Kadri has been fine. Hit the crossbar opening night, set up Donskoi a few times last game. He had a rough second period the other night but I’ve liked his game.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I'm so excited for the game tonigh, it's an important one because we have to show we can play well against smaller teams (No disrespect to the Yotes but they aren't the Flames or the Bruins). If we want to show we are serious this year, we need to win these and not play down to our opponents.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
At some point, I'd like to see:

Landy - MacK - Jimmothy
Rantanen - Naz - Donskoi
Wilson - Jost - Burakovsky
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto|Nuke

Splitting up MacKinnon/Rantanen AND making Rantanen switch from the right side where he's most comfortable?

giphy.gif

Top line has been fine. Kadri has also been fine. The individual points will come.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Splitting up MacKinnon/Rantanen AND making Rantanen switch from the right side where he's most comfortable?

giphy.gif

Top line has been fine. Kadri has also been fine. The individual points will come.

MacK doesn't need Mikko to help him create chances, as we've seen when Mikko was taken off of MacK n Landy's line last season...Naz does. Top line may be (just) fine, but the 2nd line needs to be better for us to contend.

Mikko has played both wings throughout his career...but even if he hadn't & that was a big problem we could just flip him & Donskoi. Nevermind that, if anything, playing on the left would benefit Mikko's playmaking...which would be his more important quality on a line with Kadri.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
MacK doesn't need Mikko to help him create chances, as we've seen when Mikko was taken off of MacK n Landy's line last season...Naz does. Top line may be (just) fine, but the 2nd line needs to be better for us to contend.

Mikko has played both wings throughout his career...but even if he hadn't & that was a big problem we could just flip him & Donskoi. Nevermind that, if anything, playing on the left would benefit Mikko's playmaking...which would be his more important quality on a line with Kadri.

Would you consider having Landy go next to Kadri, instead of Mikko?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I must be the only one who has seen Kadri create grade A scoring chances for his line mates in each of the first three games.

Most notably, Jost couldn’t get a shot off on a beautiful pass from behind the net and Burakovsky held it too long and had his shot blocked after Kadri beat two defenders and set him up.

The points will come, not a concern I have with Kadri.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
What an amazing start to the season ladies and gentlemen ! :thumbu:
I can see another win tonight. Absolute balance through this team, hey.

Sorry I haven't been around guys, I've been going through some really, really tough stuff life wise.
Hopefully resetting it all, and will be back to my bouncing best soon :D

Don't stress about Kadri. The fact that we are blooming without him being on fire, means when he catches, lookout, this team is extremely offensively gifted.
EDIT: Jost might not be producing right now, but he's playing with an edge, and really well.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
What an amazing start to the season ladies and gentlemen ! :thumbu:
I can see another win tonight. Absolute balance through this team, hey.

Sorry I haven't been around guys, I've been going through some really, really tough stuff life wise.
Hopefully resetting it all, and will be back to my bouncing best soon :D

Don't stress about Kadri. The fact that we are blooming without him being on fire, means when he catches, lookout, this team is extremely offensively gifted.
EDIT: Jost might not be producing right now, but he's playing with an edge, and really well.
Hang in there, we (selfishly) miss you around the boards. Couldn’t agree more with your optimism

Reactions: ljb4 and Sea Eagles

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
anyone traffic the Rick Sadowski Avs blog on hockeybuzz? Rarely any traffic there, but there’s always been one poster named DDM-Coga who showed up for years. But he hasn’t posted this year yet. If by any chance that’s someone here, I’ll stop worrying :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad