GDT: Game 4: Coyotes @ Avalanche: Still Too Soon to Tell; Saturday 7 PM MST (or 9am Sunday GMT+8)

Which former Av will have a bigger impact?

• Total voters

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kadri is struggling out there and it has nothing to do with his play, he's been great. To me it's worth taking the risk. Just imagine this team with two reliable scoring lines. Matching Kadri with one of Landeskog or Rantanen and playing them against a team's second defensive pair is tempting.
I’m actually fully with you. I think in the long run we’d be more effective that way. I’m just saying I wouldn’t toy with anything while we’re undefeated. Last thing we need is Mackinnon getting pissy because he’s stuck with Burakovsky or something.

Mackinnon might need Mikko more than Kadri right now. 29 hasn’t looked good but at least the points are coming which will hopefully prevent Mackinnon from getting inside his own head. I wouldn’t touch that top line until Mackinnon settles in or if something drastic happens and we start losing.

Reactions: Hornstar

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I’m actually fully with you. I think in the long run we’d be more effective that way. I’m just saying I wouldn’t toy with anything while we’re undefeated. Last thing we need is Mackinnon getting pissy because he’s stuck with Burakovsky or something.

Mackinnon might need Mikko more than Kadri right now. 29 hasn’t looked good but at least the points are coming which will hopefully prevent Mackinnon from getting inside his own head. I wouldn’t touch that top line until Mackinnon settles in or if something drastic happens and we start losing.
Fair enough.

MacKinnon doesn't look himself. He's unusually frustrated for someone who has 5 pts in 3 games and whose team in undefeated.

Must be having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to play with his BFF anymore.

Reactions: Avsboy

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm gonna be out tonight and miss it. For every point Landy or EJ get I'll buy a round of shots for everyone I'm with. Let's blow out the Yotes.

Reactions: Murzu and Koolboss

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
The lady and I drove down this morning to run some errands in Denver - thinking we might stick around for tonight's game. Looks like flashseats is no longer an option... is there an alternative (similar option for bidding on tickets), or anyone have luck with any of the other resellers? I haven't used stubhub/seat geek. Craigslist has stuff but I'm not sure how that would work since everything is a digital transfer now.

Reactions: RumpleSnipeSkin

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
How do you like the place otherwise?
It’s my first time to Hawaii in general, only been a few days. The beaches are pretty beautiful, water is bath-water warm; people are super chill. Seems like there are lots of outdoor activities, though I’ve been working for a good portion of the days up to today. If you don’t mind the flight, seems like it’s a great place to get away.

Don’t want to derail the thread too much, so getting back on topic, really excited to see Frankie start getting worked in at the traditional backup role. Could be a great spot for him, even if he doesn’t evolve into a bona fide starter ever (if and when officially confirmed he’s getting the start , if not yet)

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Looks like flashseats is no longer an option... is there an alternative (similar option for bidding on tickets), or anyone have luck with any of the other resellers? I haven't used stubhub/seat geek. Craigslist has stuff but I'm not sure how that would work since everything is a digital transfer now.

They have since moved to Altitude Tickets on Ticketmaster. Just a quick look there's tons of $35-$40 tickets on Ticketmaster for tonight.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
They have since moved to Altitude Tickets on Ticketmaster. Just a quick look there's tons of $35-$40 tickets on Ticketmaster for tonight.
That’s so insane to me. You can see an NHL game in Denver for what it costs to see an ECHL game here.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Feels like a L. We’re playing pretty well. We have a mediocre team coming into the Pepsi Center. Seems about right for one of those inexplicable losses that pop up from time to time.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
That’s so insane to me. You can see an NHL game in Denver for what it costs to see an ECHL game here.

That's probably before fees. The Avs also have the Avalanche Rush tickets for every game. Random seat in 300 level (from my experience, usually on either end starting row 10 to the top) for $15. Minimum 100 seats available per game (tonight's is sold out). Did that all of last year before going in on season tickets with a friend for almost the same price.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Good idea to give Francouz this game before going on that difficult road trip

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I might be the only one in favor of splitting up the big line but I'd like someone to play with Kadri. Even in the Avs just blend the lines for a few games I'd like to see who else has chemistry.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Donskoi
Wilson - Kadri - Rantanen
Burakovsky - Jost - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Neito/Nuke

or

Donskoi - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Kadri - Compher
Burakovsky - Jost - Wilson
Calvert - Bellemare - Neito/Nuke

At some point, I'd like to see:

Landy - MacK - Jimmothy
Rantanen - Naz - Donskoi