GDT: GAME #4: Canucks @ Flames again, this time with more Miller | 6:00 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

VNCVR

Oct 27, 2020
There was one in his own zone against the boards, shoulder on shoulder i think..

I wish i had a clip

then there was obviously this one as well but i think it was the one i dont have a graphic/clip for

Reactions: Indiana

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
QH43 no longer a baby faced rookie. Gloves are off.

What’s that rumbling sound I’m hearing off in the distance? Is it getting louder? Hard to tell after 3/ 4.39 games.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Usually when there's a new guy on defense, we cut him some slack for a few games until he "gets" our system (for better or worse), and learns how our goalies play the puck.

We have THREE new guys on D, and a new goalie, all trying to get in sync with the other D's and forwards, without the benefit of exhibition games. Not having our top point forward to start the season was just salt on the wounds.

I'm going to be a little more patient with the team and allow some cohesion to develop. If they stink like rotten fish by game 13, that'll be another matter.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Usually when there's a new guy on defense, we cut him some slack for a few games until he "gets" our system (for better or worse), and learns how our goalies play the puck.

We have THREE new guys on D, and a new goalie, all trying to get in sync with the other D's and forwards, without the benefit of exhibition games. Not having our top point forward to start the season was just salt on the wounds.

I'm going to be a little more patient with the team and allow some cohesion to develop. If they stink like rotten fish by game 13, that'll be another matter.
Whaaat. No man it's time to
giphy.gif

Seriously
Glad others recognize this

VNCVR

Oct 27, 2020
As I have said before. I think there's more to be excited about. Hoglander. And Boeser being healthy and having his shot back. The rest is nothing in comparison

To a lesser extent... Holtby has looked calm and decent in net. Juolevi looks raw but serviceable. Clearly has room to grow. His long passes are very accurate.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

One of the 3 newbies - Schmidt - has been pretty damn good, IMO.

Hamonic has had a rough start, but given how long his layoff was and how he had virtually no practices, I think giving him some time to work off the rust is warranted.

Juolevi is a different matter. He has some moments where he looks solid, and others where he gets burned - but I feel like sheltering him in 10 minutes a night isn’t going to be particularly helpful. I’d like to see the Canucks really look to see what’s there, and then means giving him some meaningful minutes and letting him work through some errors.

If you don’t think you can play him like that, maybe that tells you the whole story.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the team went off a cliff after game one. i am not usually a pessimist but i am concerned just because the whole teams seems to be a day late and a dollar short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad