GDT: Game 4: Buffalo Sabres @ Arizona Coyotes | 10/13/18 6:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | Welcome to the Bliss

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I nominate you new head coach. Or at the very least new forwards/pp coach. MacLean is trash.
"All right guys, do the opposite of what we did under the previous coach." Then I drink coffee and watch the game in silence from the bench for the entire game. It really can't get that much worse anyway, and I'd work for much cheaper than Maclean or Tocchet so it's seems like a good deal all around.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
"All right guys, do the opposite of what we did under the previous coach." Then I drink coffee and watch the game in silence from the bench for the entire game. It really can't get that much worse anyway, and I'd work for much cheaper than Maclean or Tocchet so it's seems like a good deal all around.

You could only get 2 goals worse.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This is what a hockey team looks like when you finish 23rd-27th place every year. 36 shots and zero goals.
The amount of high end talent we missed out on every year for the last 4 is staggering. At least Strome is looking good, and we got Keller and Chychrun. Still though, you look at the guys who went 1 and 2 each year..... f*** the draft lottery.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
FB_IMG_1539488762262.jpg

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Looks like the Coyotes hit the snooze button and went back to sleep. Get out your favorite booze, and better get a whole keg of it. This season will be a long grind.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Unprecedented start here. I cant recall a team starting like this.

Surely with this many shots we would score some goals? Some should find there way in but upon closer examination it's easier to see why. Most of all the shots are 20+ feet out. Did we see one rebound and a second shot? I cant recall. At some point some of those will bounce off a body and go in but that's not going to get you many goals. Anybody see any scrambles around the opposing goalie for a loose puck. Just a few.
That's how you put a lot of pucks to the net and don't score.
The Coyotes really only have one true power forward with skill. And that's fisher. And he's not that great. But we got a ton of perimeter skill players who are fancy but don't like contact. You can thank our analytics GM for that. He's done an outstanding job in many ways but big failure in knowing how to put together a balanced team.
And our D? Do you think it's their great play that keeps the shot down? Nope. It's our puck possession that does that. But game after game we have very bad breakdowns and the inability to clear the front of the net. We never have breakaways, the opposing team has clear cut chances every game. Hence the losses.
Really pleased with Strome's game. You are seeing what confidence can do for a kid. So happy for him.

Reactions: Yandover

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
So I was able to nab OEL and Keller in my fantasy draft and felt that it was a win...being in the east and not watching many of the games out west I have not seen the Coyotes yet this year so I cannot gauge how much longer this scoring drought will continue.

The comments here seem to suggest that I should get used to it?

Picked up Centre Ice yesterday so I will be able to watch the Minny game on Tuesday - hopefully the dam breaks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad