GDT: Game #4 | 10/17/14 | Detroit Red Wings at Toronto Maple Leafs | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
This.
If we really want to try Weiss, I would rather take Franzen out for few games.

Eh.. We should take out Nestrasil who has no chemistry with anybody on the team and has looked passable at best for three games.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The hate for Joker is indeed a bit much.

He's playing well on the 4th line. Time to give him at least some credit. That line is doing what they should, no need to split them up.

Not hating on Joker at all. All I'm saying is give Weiss a chance with some talented guys, if it works out we have 3 solid scoring lines and a heck of a 4th line that would consist of Miller/Glendening-Helm-Abby. If it doesn't work out then by all means play other people instead of him.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It doesn't bug you even a little that Weiss was on the outside looking in before we ever took the ice this season?

That's what bugs me. If he was given a chance to play and failed then ok, good, we know what we have and there are better options. But he wasn't even given a real opportunity. And that entire process which is completely inconsistent player to player bugs the hell out of me.
Yeah I hear you, Weiss should have gotten a chance with better players in camp. I don't know why he didn't, but it's clear Babcock doesn't want to give Weiss much for free.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Babcock is finally playing the guys that deserve it the most and now everyone wants Weiss in for Andy because Weiss is paid more, basically? Andy is playing his heart out and that entire line has been fantastic these 3 games, doesn't send a great message to scratch anyone of them.

I say let Weiss sit until he either kills it so much in practice that he forces himself into the lineup, or until somone in the lineup plays bad or gets injured.

more like because Weiss is better at hockey

maybe we should slot in Cleary too because he works super hard

it's a total joke that some people are defending the weird decision of not giving Weiss a chance by saying he is worse than guys like Andersson :laugh:

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007

it's a total joke that some people are defending the weird decision of not giving Weiss a chance by saying he is worse than guys like Andersson :laugh:

Weiss will get his chance

and when he does, he can prove with his performance

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
if not now then when?

Datsyuk is still out and basically the whole team was terrible on Wednesday

If not then that would be fantastic as well as that means Wings will stay injury free for the next 3-4 seasons.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Again the training staff have absolutely nothing to do with any players off season strength and conditioning. Also to say he has incorporated anything into his workout you can assume is a gross oversimplification for the sale of something to put in the story because the way these guys workout is insanely technical.

Do you really think a player doesn't take into account the advice of the training staff that he spends 80% of his season with? Professional athletes aren't born knowing what dietitians and personal trainers know, and players who have been within the same organization for a decade are going to be heavily influenced by that training staff. Renzetti has been with the team long enough now to have made an impact on Howard.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
If not then that would be fantastic as well as that means Wings will stay injury free for the next 3-4 seasons.

we aren't injury free now,Datsyuk is injured

why are people okay with not even giving Weiss a chance at all until we get a million injuries at the same time just to keep the likes of Andersson in the lineup and let the likes of Abdelkader pretend to be a top 9 forward?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

The 4th line is doing great and had an identity, swapping Weiss for Andersson doesn't really make sense.

We have seen a misfit 4th line of overpaid, underperforming, skilled players that can't hack it, and it sucked.

Putting Weiss on the 4th line just to say look he's out there is dumb. I don't think he's battling 4th liners for a spot, nor should he be. But I think he deserves a fair look at 3rd line wing, maybe a game in Nestrasil's spot.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The 4th line is doing great and had an identity, swapping Weiss for Andersson doesn't really make sense.

We have seen a misfit 4th line of overpaid, underperforming, skilled players that can't hack it, and it sucked.

Putting Weiss on the 4th line just to say look he's out there is dumb. I don't think he's battling 4th liners for a spot, nor should he be. But I think he deserves a fair look at 3rd line wing, maybe a game in Nestrasil's spot.

I don't think anyone is suggesting putting Weiss on the 4th line. You move him up to the 3rd line and drop Abby down. You then have a 4th line of Miller-Glendening-Abby.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
we aren't injury free now,Datsyuk is injured

why are people okay with not even giving Weiss a chance at all until we get a million injuries at the same time just to keep the likes of Andersson in the lineup and let the likes of Abdelkader pretend to be a top 9 forward?

There are lineup matching problem and maybe because Andersson and Abdelkader have shown something so far or during the camp and Weiss hasn't. Which you do not agree obiviously.

Like I said, Weiss will get his chance. Why wouldnt he?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

I never said I want him on the 4th line

who says it has to be a straight swap? if I were to take Andersson out of the lineup for Weiss I would shift Abdelkader down to the 4th line where he belongs too

or you could put him in for Nestrasil too I guess

either way really

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I personally think its stupid that Weiss isn't being given the opportunity to prove himself. Especially when Datsyuk is hurt and the Wings haven't managed to score more than two goals during their first three games.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I personally think its stupid that Weiss isn't being given the opportunity to prove himself. Especially when Datsyuk is hurt and the Wings haven't managed to score more than two goals during their first three games.

This even cleary was given the chance to play.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Right because Weiss has shown himself to be such an offensive dynamo... we've played well against tough opponents, I'm not surprised Babcock wants to at least see how this squad does against teams like Toronto before making changes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
In an attempt to get the rivalry between our two teams flowing again, I will attempt some talk of trash.

You guys, are less capable at ice hockey, than we are!

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
In an attempt to get the rivalry between our two teams flowing again, I will attempt some talk of trash.

You guys, are less capable at ice hockey, than we are!

Now now, let's keep things respectful here.

Uh, whoever scores the most goals is going to win this game. Also, whoever gives up the fewest goals will win this game.

:sarcasm:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Not hating on Joker at all. All I'm saying is give Weiss a chance with some talented guys, if it works out we have 3 solid scoring lines and a heck of a 4th line that would consist of Miller/Glendening-Helm-Abby. If it doesn't work out then by all means play other people instead of him.

I have always thought joker gets the max out of his ability. He has always worked hard. I just have a feeling the ceiling is kind of low

DatsyukianDeke*

:laugh:

Sportsnet Kypreos just said after Franzen, Nyqusit and Zetterberg the team has no identity.

He's obviously hasn't watched the kid line before, he will see it tonight.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
:laugh:

Sportsnet Kypreos just said after Franzen, Nyqusit and Zetterberg the team has no identity.

He's obviously hasn't watched the kid line before, he will see it tonight.

Kypreos very rarely puts together a thought on hockey that I find intelligent.

Though I guess you could point out very few teams have an identity outside of their stars. Would put Kronwall way before Franzen in terms of team identity.

DatsyukianDeke*

Kypreos very rarely puts together a thought on hockey that I find intelligent.

Though I guess you could point out very few teams have an identity outside of their stars. Would put Kronwall way before Franzen in terms of team identity.

To me what he says just shows he doesn't really know what he's talking about, and knows literally nothing about the other team except for their star players. It's a joke that he is allowed to discuss Hockey on air, his only knowledge is on the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad