GDT: Game #4 | 10/17/14 | Detroit Red Wings at Toronto Maple Leafs | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
True and for us to be an elite contender we need it to improve, though Smith and DeKeyser continuing to develop is a big deal.

But the point still stands we are not bottom 10 in the league like often trotted out around here. We haven't had a d-core at our worst that isn't better than what the Leafs have had for a decade plus now.

It went from something our team could rely on to being very pedestrian. Definitely not bottom 10. Consider teams like Edmonton, Florida, Buffalo, Carolina, Toronto, NYI, Dallas, Columbus, etc. more than 12-24 months ago. Teams like Islanders (Boychuk, Leddy, prospects), Florida (vet UFAs, prospects), Columbus (J. Johnson, prospects), etc. are starting to get better now that they've made moves and gotten high end draft picks, but yeah. Detroit, even without Lidstrom, is way better off than those groups in terms of D over the last few years (and beyond).

I'd say Detroit is right in the middle of the pack. Growth from young NHLers and prospects hitting ceilings could get us back in the top 10 discussion, for sure.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tatar seriously needs to stop always trying to pick the top corners with his shots. He could score a lot more if he just got his shots off quicker.

Has been a problem forever, honestly this is my biggest gripe with Pavel too. Datsyuk got better, though he still does it, I suspect that Tatar will be similar.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
The offensive brain is just so good. Please Babcock. Please. We're so close to a really good team.

To think we don't have Datsyuk or even Alfredsson, who can still be a solid contributor.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The offensive brain is just so good. Please Babcock. Please. We're so close to a really good team.

It is so obvious, if I could have one question for Babs it wouldn't be are you staying? what makes you successful? I don't care if people thought I was wasting it, why isn't Smith playing on the PP? would be it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And if guys aimlessly throw pucks at the net the complaint goes the other way.

Not really, Z does this more than anybody on our team.

99% of shots that are missing the net don't score, might have been 98% with Tomas Holmstrom to bring some in. Still it is silly to be that fine with it, especially when wild hard misses lead to excellent transition chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad