Stuart Percy | Roman Polak

Starting Goaltender
James Reimer

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 17 s17 sekuntia sitten
Stephane Robidas the last #Leafs D-man on the ice by a long time. Looks like he will be scratched vs. Detroit as Gardiner returns.

reimer also in net.

BlueMapleDawg

Mar 30, 2009
Canada
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Winnick
Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson
Panik - Holland - Kozun

Phaneuf - Franson
Gardiner - Rielly
Percy - Polak

Reimer
Bernier

Go Leafs!

*Stop editing it out! It's not hurting anybody. I'm allowed to cheer for my own damn team while completing the roster for Y. Sheesh.*

Last edited:

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Wings play the Leafs well and hopefully will be looking to prove something after coming out flat against the Bruins. Nyquist also lit up Toronto last year. I expect the Wings to control play and win this one by two goals.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Winnick
Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson
Panik - Holland - Kozun

Phaneuf - Franson
Gardiner - Rielly
Percy - Polak

Reimer
Bernier

That third line is a very good checking line, it'll be interesting to see how they match up against the Kid line or the Franzen-Z-Nyquist line.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This is a team we need to finish ahead of at the end of the season so this is an important back-to-back where we can make a statement.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Gonna be there tonight...Never seen a loss at any Leafs/Wings game I've been at. So, 5-2 wings!

BlueMapleDawg

Mar 30, 2009
Canada
That third line is a very good checking line, it'll be interesting to see how they match up against the Kid line or the Franzen-Z-Nyquist line.

I was/am/will be one of the biggest Clarkson haters ever.

However, that line has been good. Santorelli is solid. Komarov hits everything that moves, and he's showing more offense than his last stint. Clarkson still makes a million mistakes every game, mostly stemming by his lack of skating ability and lower body strength, but he's been much better at cycling the puck in the OZ. I think it's awful coaching to have him on the PP2, but I guess Carlyle/Randy need to justify the signing somehow.

As far as going against Z's line? I sure hope not. That line (edit: the Santorelli line) will get slaughtered.
Bozak is too much of a liability to use against top lines, so I'm honestly hoping we match a mix of Santorelli and Kadri against the top line.

Shelter Bozak's line, and hope they outscore whoever they play against.

That's our best bet with every opponent this year. Not just the wings.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I was/am/will be one of the biggest Clarkson haters ever.

However, that line has been good. Santorelli is solid. Komarov hits everything that moves, and he's showing more offense than his last stint. Clarkson still makes a million mistakes every game, mostly stemming by his lack of skating ability and lower body strength, but he's been much better at cycling the puck in the OZ. I think it's awful coaching to have him on the PP2, but I guess Carlyle/Randy need to justify the signing somehow.

As far as going against Z's line? I sure hope not. That line (edit: the Santorelli line) will get slaughtered.
Bozak is too much of a liability to use against top lines, so I'm honestly hoping we match a mix of Santorelli and Kadri against the top line.

Shelter Bozak's line, and hope they outscore whoever they play against.

That's our best bet with every opponent this year. Not just the wings.

Clarkson hasn't been that bad, and he's on the 2nd PP unit to score dirty goals or get hit with the puck at no harm to the team. He has the strength to park his ass in front of the net and ricochet pucks of his ass/head/chest/arm. You don't want a smaller guy like Kozun or are more valuable guy like kadri/Lupul/Kessel doing that.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
If we cannot score 3 goals against this team my offense panic rant will come much earlier than I was hoping to (was gonna wait till at least game 10). Toronto's lack of 2 way forwards/centers and group of sieve defense will make me unable to hold off if we do not score at least 3 tonight.

4-2 wings.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Clarkson hasn't been that bad, and he's on the 2nd PP unit to score dirty goals or get hit with the puck at no harm to the team. He has the strength to park his ass in front of the net and ricochet pucks of his ass/head/chest/arm. You don't want a smaller guy like Kozun or are more valuable guy like kadri/Lupul/Kessel doing that.

:laugh: There were some Wings fans around these parts who desperately wanted Clarkson and thought $5M was a reasonable price for him prior to him hitting UFA. I'll never trust a grinder that scores 25-30 goals for a season or two. If Abdelkader ever puts up more than 20, I hope we ship his ass before we pay some stupid price.

On that note, is Abdelkader injured? I know he took a "maintenance day" - was it something more than that?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
:laugh: There were some Wings fans around these parts who desperately wanted Clarkson and thought $5M was a reasonable price for him prior to him hitting UFA. I'll never trust a grinder that scores 25-30 goals for a season or two. If Abdelkader ever puts up more than 20, I hope we ship his ass before we pay some stupid price.

On that note, is Abdelkader injured? I know he took a "maintenance day" - was it something more than that?

homegrown, drafted michigan kid that is/would be 20+G, PF?

kenny would give him blank check.

babs said he's game-time decision, i think but abby said he'll play.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
These are ust win games for me or I dont hear the end of it. At least get a split. I'm going tomorrow with about ten guysh alf wings half leaf fans so I would rather see them win at home but taking both games would be great.

Torontos one of the few teams I think that can match Detroits speed but they dont pay attention to the defensive zone. If Detroit doesnt get sucked into a complete run and gun game and plays with a balance of speed and defense they should win

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Good read. He looked great last night and was decent against Boston in the first game after giving up his first goal of the season on his first shot faced.

I thought this was interesting:

He became more conscientious about his diet and even incorporated Pilates into his six-times-a-week workout regimen. He entered camp looking fit and ready.

This is written as though its some outlandish idea that he's actually incorporating something like yoga/pilates into his workout. He's a goaltender, for christ's sake. Is it that the Western world views yoga/pilates as "unmanly" that makes this some sort of shock? All goaltenders should be incorporating yoga and/or pilates into their routine if they don't already. Its practically tailor-made for hockey goaltenders. Its a shame he's apparently just started doing this now. I used to have chronic rotator cuff and knee problems that would interrupt my running/lifting routines and now that I do yoga once or twice a week, I barely have any setbacks.

More fuel for the "fire the training staff" crowd. :sarcasm:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Remember the Brian Bickell craze? Lolllllllllll

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Expecting a split in this home and home, so if we don't win tonight........then we will win tomorrow..:handclap:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Remember the Brian Bickell craze? Lolllllllllll

:laugh: That reminds me of a proposal I suggested about 8-10 years ago, prior to Brad Stuart coming to Detroit: Kronwall for Volchenkov, straight up. :laugh: :facepalm: In my defense, Volchenkov was still a great player at that time, and we had tons of offense but very little snarl on the back end, but jesus did he ever fall off into oblivion.

Bickell, Clarkson, and Smid were all "must-haves" for a while there...and then there was some strange obsession with a 4th liner a few years back. I think it was Chad Larose. He had a good playoff and then everyone and their brother decided he was worth $3M or something. :laugh:

I've really gone soft on my expectations of guys who get their hype from "intangibles" over the years. They're almost never worth it for more than 2-3 years.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
As a Leaf fan, our lines look about right. You will probably have a field day with the Gardiner-Rielly pairing. Both of them are dynamic, but terrible together at even strength. I swear, Randy Marsh could coach better than Randy Carlyle :facepalm:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
As a Leaf fan, our lines look about right. You will probably have a field day with the Gardiner-Rielly pairing. Both of them are dynamic, but terrible together at even strength. I swear, Randy Marsh could coach better than Randy Carlyle :facepalm:

Don't worry. Next year you'll have Babcock ;)

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
This is written as though its some outlandish idea that he's actually incorporating something like yoga/pilates into his workout. He's a goaltender, for christ's sake. Is it that the Western world views yoga/pilates as "unmanly" that makes this some sort of shock? All goaltenders should be incorporating yoga and/or pilates into their routine if they don't already. Its practically tailor-made for hockey goaltenders. Its a shame he's apparently just started doing this now. I used to have chronic rotator cuff and knee problems that would interrupt my running/lifting routines and now that I do yoga once or twice a week, I barely have any setbacks.

More fuel for the "fire the training staff" crowd. :sarcasm:

Probably a good idea for all players, especially ours given the amount of groin injuries we've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad