GDT: Game 39: Golden Knights @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ - Desert Hockey Day

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Well, that game took a turn to pathetic pretty fast.

Poor pp performance again. Did Nash say "can't say this often but the power play let them down"?? When has it not let them down it's pretty awful. What? Haha

Anyways, this is how this season is. Bet RT thinks this game was fine just like the 5v5. Looks like the ice is a lazy river with all the floaters out there.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Also, need to trade Stepan to Buffalo and get the St. Louis 1st round pick. Stepan isn't the guy we need...Richardson can do what Stepan does.

Dvorak can take Stepan's place next season. Richardson can still fill in as the 3rd and then all we have to do is go get a 4th line Center.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Buffalo is in desperate need of a #2 so they can stop putting Mittelstadt out there and it improves their club and then we can get a top 5 pick to go along with our top 10 pick.

Reactions: MIG

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Also, need to trade Stepan to Buffalo and get the St. Louis 1st round pick. Stepan isn't the guy we need...Richardson can do what Stepan does.

Dvorak can take Stepan's place next season. Richardson can still fill in as the 3rd and then all we have to do is go get a 4th line Center.

I like the idea of trading underperforming vets for future top talent, ie a PROPER rebuild but but but... what about the Playoffs Baloney? Can't push the Playoffs Baloney if we go into another official rebuild, which means the Playoffs Baloney will win out.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If we get an owner with a long term investment horizon (ie not a hedge fund manager), then the gm will have a green light to sell vets for futures.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Eck. Tucson could have beaten us tonight. We had a season worth of defensive zone turnovers.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Jesus boys....

Crowd looked full on TV but looked like an absolute f*** ton of Knights fans. Are we really getting out drawn at home by fans of a team that’s existed for two years??

Reactions: kbay

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I like the idea of trading underperforming vets for future top talent, ie a PROPER rebuild but but but... what about the Playoffs Baloney? Can't push the Playoffs Baloney if we go into another official rebuild, which means the Playoffs Baloney will win out.

The players and coaches will continue to talk points and playoffs, but at the current pace GMJC should have the green light by the end of January to start making "trade deadline" deals. Recent history has shown that major trades will happen before the deadline.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The players and coaches will continue to talk points and playoffs, but at the current pace GMJC should have the green light by the end of January to start making "trade deadline" deals. Recent history has shown that major trades will happen before the deadline.
Who are we going to trade?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Both Goligoski and KConn have been a travesty tonight. We need to start promoting Capobianco and benching vets that can't pull their head out their ass
RT is not going to bench Gogo. He should have been benched for those terrible turn overs.

Reactions: kbay

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Who are we going to trade?

I was replying to the discussion above about dealing Stepan to Buffalo. I'm open to trading just about anyone if it will make the team better. But nothing crazy. Not trading OEL or Keller for draft picks.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Anybody really think that we are on the verge of playoffs in the next 2 seasons with the current veteran players shepherding the under 25ers? We really need to take an honest, dispassionate look at the roster at the trading deadline and restart the rebuild. Maybe the word "retool" might be more palatable around here?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Anybody really think that we are on the verge of playoffs in the next 2 seasons with the current veteran players shepherding the under 25ers? We really need to take an honest, dispassionate look at the roster at the trading deadline and restart the rebuild. Maybe the word "retool" might be more palatable around here?

This year no, next year yes. Our new billionaire owner will open the checkbook and put the pieces in place. (No idea if this will or could happen...I'm just an optimist)

Reactions: kbay and ctwin22

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I don’t want Goligoski, Stepan, Panik or Connauton on this team anymore. Please get rid of them.

I still seem to be a Panik-er here: he is paid as a third-liner on a team with more money, but the expectations with the Yotes is he should be a first-liner. He isn't. He could still be a good player a bit further down on the charts though.

So, not so much agreeing on that one. Goligoski and Connauton is what is killing this team.

Reactions: flemo and Pomee

elwhit21

Dec 31, 2018
I agree that Stepan, Connauton, Gogo and Panik need to be gone. I might even consider trading Raanta if he cant stay healthy. Merkley needs to be the next call up. He would be good on a line with Keller. I like the way Garland is playing.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I fear for Garland's play because of what seems to happen around here. Comes to the Yotes playing well and then 10 games in he's indoctrinated into the club and it drops off for some reason. I hope he doesn't fall into this all too familiar story.

As for all the Knights fans there... winning helps don't it. I wish for that day when the Yotes can make it to a Stanley Cup final! That would be very exciting and lots of fun.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Again with the Grade A Chances narrative. Am I watching a different game?

Nope, Walsh is an apologist narrator. Last night's game was horrible, brutal to watch and worse to be at. The Coyotes were dominated and being on BTB's isn't an excuse, since VGK were too.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I missed this game. Took the last and her sister to the movies

Who was on the ice for what? Sounds like Goose and KConn has awful games

Goligoski yes, Connauton not so much. This board looks past the flaws of certain players and whips on others.

1st Goal: 23/33
2nd Goal: 44/46
3rd Goal: 33/6
4th Goal: 33/6 *Kuemper breaks stick after the goal
5th Goal: 33/6 *SHG against

Grand total:

Goligoski -4
Chychrun -3
OEL -1
Connauton -1
Lyubushkin -1
Hjalmarsson even/0