GDT: Game 39: Golden Knights @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ - Desert Hockey Day

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Chyka must be confused. He's certain the NHL is about speed and his analytics is so scientific.
But you cant ice a team full of vagina's like we do. It will get exposed by real men playing hockey.
I love how Vegas has gone against this model. Yes they have speed. But they have big lumberjacks that will burn your village and do nasty things to your women.
God I wish we had George McPhee building this team.
As far as the game we got exposed for the wusses we are.
Keller was so frightened I hardly saw him outside of the power play.

Reactions: Lilhoody

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Goligoski yes, Connauton not so much. This board looks past the flaws of certain players and whips on others.

1st Goal: 23/33
2nd Goal: 44/46
3rd Goal: 33/6
4th Goal: 33/6 *Kuemper breaks stick after the goal
5th Goal: 33/6 *SHG against

Grand total:

Goligoski -4
Chychrun -3
OEL -1
Connauton -1
Lyubushkin -1
Hjalmarsson even/0

Holy crap Goose was awful.

Chych has looked better. Goose still likes to pass to the other team or shoot it right into their shin pads. If someone came knocking on our door for any offer I'd probably take it and run.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Chych has looked better. Goose still likes to pass to the other team or shoot it right into their shin pads. If someone came knocking on our door for any offer I'd probably take it and run.

Someone should ask him if he wants to go to Edmonton.

He has an NMC, right. So he can't be waived and sent down?

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
It has been said and I believe it to be true, analytics is only a piece. Chemistry, via history or reputation and toughness can't be computed and mean a great deal. @azcanuck

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Goligoski yes, Connauton not so much. This board looks past the flaws of certain players and whips on others.

1st Goal: 23/33
2nd Goal: 44/46
3rd Goal: 33/6
4th Goal: 33/6 *Kuemper breaks stick after the goal
5th Goal: 33/6 *SHG against

Grand total:

Goligoski -4
Chychrun -3
OEL -1
Connauton -1
Lyubushkin -1
Hjalmarsson even/0

Looks like Goalagainstski wants to stay in Arizona (ie not be traded). Is RT hard on the kids and soft on the vets?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Looks like Goalagainstski wants to stay in Arizona (ie not be traded). Is RT hard on the kids and soft on the vets?
Not benching Gogo after that one shift should give you your answer.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Goose is a loser that no team has ever been sad to be rid of. Now, when the chips are down and there isn't much to play for beyond pride, you see the real player he is. Same with Stepan. Demers would be stinking it up too out there if he wasn't hurt.

The vet core here is absolutely rotten in the worst way and I only hope it doesn't rub off on the younger guys.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Goose is a loser that no team has ever been sad to be rid of. Now, when the chips are down and there isn't much to play for beyond pride, you see the real player he is. Same with Stepan. Demers would be stinking it up too out there if he wasn't hurt.

The vet core here is absolutely rotten in the worst way and I only hope it doesn't rub off on the younger guys.
Our demise started after Demers got hurt, just saying...

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Not benching Gogo after that one shift should give you your answer.

With his big cap-hit, and NMC, he kind of have to be good- or the team is doomed.

Well, could always hope they get a trade-offer- to somewhere he rather be.

There is always hope. :(

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I just don’t like Connauton’s decision making this season. It’s amplified by his total lack of offensive contribution. The fact that he’s a 0 +/- is pretty good, though, considering he’s getting nearly 19mins per game. Of course, him getting 19mins per game isn’t great. He’s certainly not a huge problem but I don’t think he’s helping things. That goes for half the team, though.

I’ll lump Panik in there, too. Panik isn’t the problem, it’s the lack of players providing the coaching staff with compelling reasons not to give him chances with decent line mates in decent scenarios. We should have someone better than Panik in his role, but we don’t. Not really his fault.

Goligoski has been bad too often. Stepan hasn’t been good often enough. Those two eat a ton of budget and are relied upon for leadership. They’re also Chayka’s two biggest acquisitions, which probably makes them too safe. I also think but don’t believe that they should be making Chayka feel less safe.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Our demise started after Demers got hurt, just saying...
Demers is a marginal player in this league. I know the won lost record this year with him in and with him out. It's purely coincidental. He got hurt right after our hot streak.
The Yotes problems run very deep. If Demers came back tomorrow we would still suck and miss the playoffs.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
I just don’t like Connauton’s decision making this season. It’s amplified by his total lack of offensive contribution. The fact that he’s a 0 +/- is pretty good, though, considering he’s getting nearly 19mins per game. Of course, him getting 19mins per game isn’t great. He’s certainly not a huge problem but I don’t think he’s helping things. That goes for half the team, though.

I’ll lump Panik in there, too. Panik isn’t the problem, it’s the lack of players providing the coaching staff with compelling reasons not to give him chances with decent line mates in decent scenarios. We should have someone better than Panik in his role, but we don’t. Not really his fault.

Goligoski has been bad too often. Stepan hasn’t been good often enough. Those two eat a ton of budget and are relied upon for leadership. They’re also Chayka’s two biggest acquisitions, which probably makes them too safe. I also think but don’t believe that they should be making Chayka feel less safe.

Also not so much agreeing with the Stepan-complaints... He is at least an iron-man. And he seems to work hard to me.

It's again, just, he shouldn't be the biggest name on the team. Not his fault.

Rangers fell apart after he was traded. Still thinking he is a man to go into the war with.

Team just needs to have more money, and someone bigger on top.

Is this the day you expect to hear more of a new owner and all of that?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
@Name Nameless -I think Stepan is a smart player but I don’t really see him as very hard working. Can you expand on that? I’ve seen a guy who’s good positionally and defensively but lacks a motor. Maybe I’m just being tricked by his lack of foot speed and his being too smart to run around? Maybe I’m only complaining about it because he’s supposed to be more productive offensively and he’s not?

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
@Name Nameless -I think Stepan is a smart player but I don’t really see him as very hard working. Can you expand on that? I’ve seen a guy who’s good positionally and defensively but lacks a motor. Maybe I’m just being tricked by his lack of foot speed and his being too smart to run around? Maybe I’m only complaining about it because he’s supposed to be more productive offensively and he’s not?

Yeah, I'm probably very Norwegian sometimes, meaning I trust people 100% until I don't...

He tries. He gets chances, he produces them. It's just my impression. He don't score on them, but he tries.

I may be wrong of course...

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I watched until early in the second, then accidentally saw the score on my phone. Glad I didn’t waste any more time with that game.

Goligoski looks terrible. I won’t be sad when Panik and Stepan are gone. My feeling is that they are just placeholders until Chayka’s vision of the rebuild is complete, if he lasts that long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad