GDT: Game 38: Sabres vs Blues - 12/27 8pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Tyler2829

Jun 20, 2009
Rochester, NY
I think most people want to see Nylander, Olofsson, and Smith get a shot first. Maybe they provide a spark, maybe they end up over their heads, but they cannot possibly be worse than what we're rolling out now. But it would also be helpful to know that before we hit the trade deadline...

I meant most of the ones clamoring for a trade....but yes, I agree. Try something, anything.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
We have a lot of trade assets, right?? The key will be identifying the right players to fill the right roles.

If we were out of the playoffs, we'd have Pontus Aberg. Prob is he'd suck on our crap roster then. Get it

A lot of assets for a hockey trade? They have the first line, and some defenders. Are you looking to trade for a forward from the top 4?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I think most people want to see Nylander, Olofsson, and Smith get a shot first. Maybe they provide a spark, maybe they end up over their heads, but they cannot possibly be worse than what we're rolling out now. But it would also be helpful to know that before we hit the trade deadline...
The sooner this happens, the sooner Botts learns if they're passable NHL'ers right now or not. It certainly can't hurt to change things up at the rate they're scoring at both levels. You're only stalling those evaluations at this point.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Well considering we did the exact opposite it would only be fair for some other team to return the favor.

Jeff Skinner wasn't a free agent.

For the Hockey Tradezzzzzzz crowd. What assets are you willing to give up from the team?

Reactions: Roost

Roost

Apr 6, 2017
Erie
but they're easier when your D and 1st line are kinda in a good place.

Right but what or who exactly do they move to bring in that young guy with term? No team wants anyone out of their bottom 6 and honestly moving those draft picks would be a mistake. Eventually this team will be against the cap with some big salaries. They will need those prospects to help fill the roster with good young players who don't cost very much.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
A lot of assets for a hockey trade? They have the first line, and some defenders. Are you looking to trade for a forward from the top 4?
For starters Silfverberg is what we want Okposo to be. This ain't trade forum so I won't even start

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
So...Buffalo started sucking worse about the time as Berglund was suspended and then left the team.

Perhaps scratching him for Sobotka, Eelie, Thompson, Okposo or Pominville wasn't the best option after all..

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Anything outside of Eichel, Dahlin if it makes sense

So make any trade where Botts can rip off another team. I'm all for that too, but it's not a sound strategy. There's no source of strength to make a hockey trade from.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
For starters Silfverberg is what we want Okposo to be. This ain't trade forum so I won't even start

I don't think Okposo will return Silfverberg. It's not just the fans here that know the buffalo bottom 9 isn't so hot. Anyone else in the league does too.
Sure they could get something spicy for Mitts, but that's not a good idea. And they'd get something for Thompson, none of the other 7 players hold any value at this point.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
He is after this season, which is basically why we got him for nothing. And at least the assets Carolina got back for him aren't literally contributing to losses because they are a total albatross around the team's neck.

I can't ever tell what positions you hold, except a bent for fatalism. So Buffalo got Skinner, except that doesn't really count, but it's also good for Carolina, because they got futures. But Carolina is terrible, and made a good trade, which would was therefore also bad for Buffal... I've just gone cross eyed.

Reactions: joshjull

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I don't think Okposo will return Silfverberg. It's not just the fans here that know the buffalo bottom 9 isn't so hot. Anyone else in the league does too.
Sure they could get something spicy for Mitts, but that's not a good idea. And they'd get something for Thompson, none of the other 7 players hold any value at this point.
Didn't say KO would get anything, or how we could get rid of him, either, but we should target guys that would fill roles.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Didn't say KO would get anything, or how we could get rid of him, either, but we should target guys that would fill roles.

No f***ing shit they should fill roles if possible. But they don't have assets for a hockey trade, unless you want to cut bait on Ristolinen.

A hockey trade is either a swap for equivalent players who need a 'change of scenery' (they've f***ed someone's gf), or between D and F.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
So make any trade where Botts can rip off another team. I'm all for that too, but it's not a sound strategy. There's no source of strength to make a hockey trade from.

Seriously? We have 4 1st round picks next 2 years. We have Scandella who I am sure is still viewed in high regard in terms of value around the league. We have Reinhart ..we have Risto, we have decent prospects.

It's not about ripping off a team.. it's about being smart and identifying your needs and addressing them.

First things first they should be bringing up some kids and evaluating if a Nylander can fill the void if you trade a Reinhart. There are a lot of options that could take place if you do something other then sit on your hands and play the Sobotkas and Elies every night

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
No ****ing **** they should fill roles if possible. But they don't have assets for a hockey trade, unless you want to cut bait on Ristolinen.

A hockey trade is either a swap for equivalent players who need a 'change of scenery' (they've ****ed someone's gf), or between D and F.
...or a trade for an expiring UFA, who wants to come here. Gave you an example even. Good night man

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I can't ever tell what positions you hold, except a bent for fatalism. So Buffalo got Skinner, except that doesn't really count, but it's also good for Carolina, because they got futures. But Carolina is terrible, and made a good trade, which would was therefore also bad for Buffal... I've just gone cross eyed.
You completely missed the point: Carolina got a giant box of nothing, we got a can of ebola. Their nothing is at least not hurting them, our can of ebola is actively contributing to defeats.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You completely missed the point: Carolina got a giant box of nothing, we got a can of ebola. Their nothing is at least not hurting them, our can of ebola is actively contributing to defeats.
Wait, what? Not having Skinner is not hurting the Canes? But not having ROR is hurting us? I’m so confused.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Seriously? We have 4 1st round picks next 2 years. We have Scandella who I am sure is still viewed in high regard in terms of value around the league. We have Reinhart ..we have Risto, we have decent prospects.

It's not about ripping off a team.. it's about being smart and identifying your needs and addressing them.

First things first they should be bringing up some kids and evaluating if a Nylander can fill the void if you trade a Reinhart. There are a lot of options that could take place if you do something other then sit on your hands and play the Sobotkas and Elies every night

Trading 1st round picks ISN'T A HOCKEY TRADE.

Great you trade your 1RW, to fill a hole. You fill that hole, and now you have a giant hole at 1RW. Hockey trade is from a position of strength to fill a weakness.

Do people around here even think, or have they all gone Housley'd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad