GDT: Game 38: Coyotes @ Canucks - This one is on tee-vee - 8PM

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Usually you would hear, " Vancouver trying to make this a photo finish".

No no. Only the coyotes can execute a proper photo finish. Otherwise, it's an absolute defensive lock-down, grinding, no respect for the body win. With Dave Tippet's coaching prowess it's guaranteed.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm very impressed with the growth in Domingue's game over the past few games. At first he was a rebound dispenser. Now he controls the rebounds very well. He's learning on the job, and learning fast.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I didn't think Tikhonov had a particularly good game tonight, but that might just be because I saw what the cameras wanted me to see. It seems that he needs an offseason in the weight room. He makes the right decisions but gets physically handled way too often.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I'm very impressed with the growth in Domingue's game over the past few games. At first he was a rebound dispenser. Now he controls the rebounds very well. He's learning on the job, and learning fast.

Yeah pretty impressive. Still need to work on some stuff like when to leave the net and where to pass it when he has the puck.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I didn't think Tikhonov had a particularly good game tonight, but that might just be because I saw what the cameras wanted me to see. It seems that he needs an offseason in the weight room. He makes the right decisions but gets physically handled way too often.

I'd agree. But I think we could all agree that he isn't big enough for the fourth line, but isn't good enough for the top two lines. And no way I split up the Nook - Rich - Doan line. Absolutely no way.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

He's had a rough 3 game stretch or so. Now he's playing with Chip and Gordon so climbing back into the top 9 might be tough.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Good win. I still think we miss the playoffs even in such a terrible Pacific division, but I like the way the team is coming along with the young players.

It'll come full circle with the return of Mike Smith to help us get a better draft pick. :P

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013

He needs more discipline in puck handling. He got lucky but he could have easily given up a goal or two by turning the puck over.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Some report asked Tippett "How does it feel to have at least one win against every team in the Pacific?" Except that's not true... we haven't play the Sharks yet.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Good win. I still think we miss the playoffs even in such a terrible Pacific division, but I like the way the team is coming along with the young players.

It'll come full circle with the return of Mike Smith to help us get a better draft pick. :P

Agreed. Pacific is tight and the Ducks and Flames are playing better. The nice thing is it may feel like a very competitive season yet we could still finish in the bottom 5-10.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Nice win for our second place Coyotes:)...Our Goalie was just a little better then theirs, so we won.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad