GDT: Game 38: Avs @ Golden Knights | 8 PM MT | December 27, 2018 | Operation: Knightfall

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like panarin a lot more. Tarasenko is obviously crazy skilled, but the price would be too steep.

Panarin won’t sign with us though. Even if we traded for one of his bffs first, like I suggested, them recruiting him would be a long shot.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Panarin won’t sign with us though. Even if we traded for one of his bffs first, like I suggested, them recruiting him would be a long shot.
Yeah I know. He's already looking at apartments in New York lol I dunno who Colorado can trade for while keeping their picks.

We're just going to have to suck it up and hope the team plays better. I don't see sakic deviating from the plan. Not by much anyways.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Right there with ya. I’ve watched most games when not traveling for work. The last three I’ve watched muted.

After going to some Sharks games I think I could jump on that band wagon.

You're a disgrace. We are still in a playoff spot. I can't figure out for the life of me how fans can can just swap like that.

Reactions: klozge

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Without the top line dominating a game, this team has absolutely zero chance, and if I hear someone argue it again I'm just going to laugh. This team does NOT have a 2nd line at this point, and it's becoming increasingly obvious that we don't have a solution to that on the roster.

Reactions: MacBradley

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
It's funny how specific posters tend to come out of nowhere and flare up with there incessant, arrogant opinions that seem to oppose those of long time, veteran posters. All I can do is smh.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
And this is based on what?

Look at the last big names traded and you will not see one player that returned anything as valuable as a top 5 pick, not one. EK, ROR and McDonagh were all traded for much less.

Stone is a pending UFA. Ottawa has no leverage as teams know that they pretty much have to trade him no matter what, unless he wants to stay in Ottawa.

You are overrating his value.
Teams that trade for big names usually don't own a top 5 pick. Derek f***ing Stepan returned the 8th overall pick a year ago.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
lol

In those games where Grubauer has started the Avs have scored 3,93 goals per game and Grubauer has let in 3,07 goals per game in those starts.

I checked after the game againts Blackhawks where opponents who Gruabuer had faced to that date were in the standings. Washington was the only team in top ten in the league at that point. Excluding the Washington Grubauer had faced teams that averaged when summed up at 21st in the standings. He hasn't faced tough match ups and has posted crappy stat lines besides win loss record which is also getting worse by now after every start Grubauer gets.

That's such BS I don't even know where to start.

Offensive support? In his last 3 starts we scored 2 goals (MTL), 1 goal (CHI) and 1 goal (VGK).

Bad stats? In those 3 games his sv% has been .972, .929, .923. League average is .909.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Also Stepan for a top-5 pick would be terrible value for the team that loses the pick, so not a great example to support your case.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
DveVX4DU0AAO8u0

Reactions: avsfan09

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Also Stepan for a top-5 pick would be terrible value for the team that loses the pick, so not a great example to support your case.

I'm not supporting anything but the value of picks is super overrated on HF. Would you rather have Mark Stone or recent top 5 picks Jesse Puljurjarvi, Dylan Strome, Michael Dal Colle and Olli Juolevi?

Reactions: chet1926

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not supporting anything but the value of picks is super overrated on HF. Would you rather have Mark Stone or recent top 5 picks Jesse Puljurjarvi, Dylan Strome, Michael Dal Colle and Olli Juolevi?

Can't be stated enough... especially when you get into the late 1st and beyond. I really understand not giving up top 5-10 picks... but 20-25-45-60? Those picks are incredibly overvalued around here.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
That's such BS I don't even know where to start.

Offensive support? In his last 3 starts we scored 2 goals (MTL), 1 goal (CHI) and 1 goal (VGK).

Bad stats? In those 3 games his sv% has been .972, .929, .923. League average is .909.
Love how you conveniently left out the Arizona game where he was torched for 4 goals on 15 shots and a killer .750 sv%.

Plus I feel like people are referring to his goal support throughout the year, which is near the top of the league. Not just the last few games where the offense has died.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

Obviously you can't build through drafting if you are bad at drafting. Would you trade Dahlin for Stone? or Heiskanen? or Matthews or Laine? What about Rantanen? Wasn't even a Top-5 pick. You are assuming the worst case scenario of picking a bust in top-5 and ignoring all the fantastic players that you can pretty much only realistically acquire via drafting. A high draft pick is extremely valuable imo. I would never advocate giving one up for a rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad