GDT: Game 38: Avs @ Golden Knights | 8 PM MT | December 27, 2018 | Operation: Knightfall

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I mean why not just go with Jost? He's a waste of time on the 4th line. Put him with some playmakers. Jost couldn't do any worse than Nieto inevitably will.

You say that but Nieto has 7 points in his last 13 games... Jost has 1. Nieto is certainly not a good option on that line, but he is certainly better than Jost right now.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
No he’s been good, especially in his role. Not sure what your standards are. Not “promote him to the top line” good, but he’s been doing well.
He's been better than he was at the beginning of the year for sure. I have him on a bit of a short leash, because he's part of a group of players that I'd like to see replaced.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You say that but Nieto has 7 points in his last 13 games... Jost has 1. Nieto is certainly not a good option on that line, but he is certainly better than Jost right now.
Even more reason to put Jost on the top line.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Even more reason to put Jost on the top line.

Why? So Jost can make that line worse? Nieto for all of his faults and can at least have some speed and forechecking. Jost would be doing pretty much nothing there.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Why? So Jost can make that line worse? Nieto for all of his faults and can at least have some speed and forechecking. Jost would be doing pretty much nothing there.
Because the team is commited to Jost, and it would be good for him to get some help. Nieto cloud be gone next week and it wouldn't make much of a difference

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Jost is arguably the worst of them all. Do you even watch the Avs games? He was a no-show in about 90% of the games and a lot of us think that he should be send down to the AHL to find his game.
Yeah, and he's the only one who's supposed to play a role on this team going forward. I'd send him down or put him on the top line. Putting him on the 4th line is useless.

Reactions: klozge

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Because the team is commited to Jost, and it would be good for him to get some help. Nieto cloud be gone next week and it wouldn't make much of a difference

Honestly, with the way Jost is playing, he could be gone next week and nobody would notice. The Avs should try to help along Jost, but putting him in a position to fail on the top line is not gonna help him. He would bring absolutely nothing to that line right now. Not a single thing. Nieto at least brings some speed to it.

If it was me... I'd be putting Kerfoot on the top line over any other skater. Brings offense and vision to it, even if he kills the defensive ability.

Reactions: avsfan09

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I would've split MacK and Rants up before Landy. I think most of Landy's production has been with MacK this year. Watch him fall off hard without him.

Reactions: MacBradley

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Yeah, and he's the only one who's supposed to play a role on this team going forward. I'd send him down or put him on the top line. Putting him on the 4th line is useless.
Absolutly. But because we have next to nothing down there Jost stays where he is. He has to earn his icetime like anybody else, being a Top prospect or not. You don't put a struggling player on a struggling first line only to struggle even more.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
LOOOOOOOOOL.

I think it's time to get a new coach
Why? Because he tries new things? Great idea. Pretty much ALL of our wingers are mediocre - so you can pick your poison. And it doesn't make sense to give Landy MEH linemates either because we actually need 2 lines who can score. One is no longer working.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Absolutly. But because we have next to nothing down there Jost stays where he is. He has to earn his icetime like anybody else, being a Top prospect or not. You don't put a struggling player on a struggling first line only to struggle even more.
But you put Nieto in it? Lol Jost doesn't need to "earn" anything. He's not failing due to lack of trying.

I'm not concerned about the next game, or the next 5 games. I'm concerned about our secondary scoring, and adding Nieto to the top line, while putting Jost on the 4th, isn't a solution in any sense. It's going sideways.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Honestly, with the way Jost is playing, he could be gone next week and nobody would notice. The Avs should try to help along Jost, but putting him in a position to fail on the top line is not gonna help him. He would bring absolutely nothing to that line right now. Not a single thing. Nieto at least brings some speed to it.

If it was me... I'd be putting Kerfoot on the top line over any other skater. Brings offense and vision to it, even if he kills the defensive ability.

I'm sure we'd notice if our first round pick and expected 2c was gone. Nieto on the top line isn't a solution to anything.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm sure we'd notice if our first round pick and expected 2c was gone. Nieto on the top line isn't a solution to anything.

1. Draft pick status shouldn't matter a single bit after the selection.
2. If you're expecting him to be a #2C, you haven't been watching.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Why? Because he tries new things? Great idea. Pretty much ALL of our wingers are mediocre - so you can pick your poison. And it doesn't make sense to give Landy MEH linemates either because we actually need 2 lines who can score. One is no longer working.
I edited the post you quoted a minute ago because there really aren't many good options. Might as well try Nieto.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
We all know that Bednar usually sticks to his lines for 10+ games, right? If it's not working tomorrow then things will change pretty quickly. Heck, all Jost needs is maybe ONE good game and his 4th line duty is done. So it's up to him. But every single time he got more minutes this season he failed. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
1. Draft pick status shouldn't matter a single bit after the selection.
2. If you're expecting him to be a #2C, you haven't been watching.

Or, maybe I have been watching, and understand that the team is commited to him, and he's failing terribly. He would benefit a lot more from being on the top line than Nieto. Nieto being on the top line is a waste of time.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
We all know that Bednar usually sticks to his lines for 10+ games, right? If it's not working tomorrow then things will change pretty quickly. Heck, all Jost needs is maybe ONE good game and his 4th line duty is done. So it's up to him. But every single time he got more minutes this season he failed. EVERY SINGLE TIME.
This isn't the first time Jost has been 4c. He's useless as a 4c. Maybe he can do something 1w. Send him down otherwise.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Or, maybe I have been watching, and understand that the team is commited to him, and he's failing terribly. He would benefit a lot more from being on the top line than Nieto. Nieto being on the top line is a waste of time.

So... let's put a struggling young player in a higher position, facing the best competition, and have the expectation to produce? That just doesn't make sense.

I honestly feel a bit for Bednar here... there are no good options here. He was left with a huge hole on the 2nd line this summer with the expectation that the younger players would fill in. Too much faith was put into that without enough surrounding help. Now he is stuck with this roster for at least 4-6 more weeks and he has to find a way to make it work.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
This isn't the first time Jost has been 4c. He's useless as a 4c. Maybe he can do something 1w. Send him down otherwise.

Unfortunatly he has been usless everywhere. That is the sad truth. 4th line minutes are zero pressure minutes. Maybe he can find his game there. And yes, he should be in the AHL for his own sake. But that is most likely not going to happen.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad