GDT: Game 38: Avs @ Golden Knights | 8 PM MT | December 27, 2018 | Operation: Knightfall

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It just goes in circles. Remember being excited about ROR, Dutch and Staz? Never said I was bailing. Just saying I really don’t enjoy watching them play lately.
We're the Oilers of the central until proven otherwise.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If push comes to shove we could try Landy-Soda-JTC, with Kerf replacing Landy on the top unit.
I actually thought about that too, moving Landeskog to 2nd line. If this losing continues, they may just have to try that

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It just goes in circles. Remember being excited about ROR, Dutch and Staz? Never said I was bailing. Just saying I really don’t enjoy watching them play lately.
To be honest, I didn't miss an Avs game for probably 4 years, and thrn I stopped watching during the 48 point season. I stopped about 20 games in. I didn't miss a game last year, or this year.

I couldn't stand to watch, and it sucked a lot, because I'm a big hockey fan.

The first time I got excited again was at the draft lottery, and when we fell to 4th, I couldn't help but laugh lol last season was a great surprise. Happy to be watching the Avs again, and it looks like this team will be a contender starting next season.

Reactions: MacBradley

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
To be honest, I didn't miss an Avs game for probably 4 years, and thrn I stopped watching during the 48 point season. I stopped about 20 games in. I didn't miss a game last year, or this year.

I couldn't stand to watch, and it sucked a lot, because I'm a big hockey fan.

The first time I got excited again was at the draft lottery, and when we fell to 4th, I couldn't help but laugh lol last season was a great surprise. Happy to be watching the Avs again, and it looks like this team will be a contender starting next season.
Right there with ya. I’ve watched most games when not traveling for work. The last three I’ve watched muted.

After going to some Sharks games I think I could jump on that band wagon.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Right there with ya. I’ve watched most games when not traveling for work. The last three I’ve watched muted.

After going to some Sharks games I think I could jump on that band wagon.
The sharks have had more people jump on, and then fall off that wagon than just about any team. Have had lots of powerhouse years and nothing to show for it.

No matter how bad the Avs got, I could never switch teams. I've been a fan since I was 6. I'm Canadian, and we pick our teams as kids and stick with them for life lol we're more committed to our teams than we are our wives lol

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Grubi cant ever get any offensive support its crazy

lol

In those games where Grubauer has started the Avs have scored 3,93 goals per game and Grubauer has let in 3,07 goals per game in those starts.

I checked after the game againts Blackhawks where opponents who Gruabuer had faced to that date were in the standings. Washington was the only team in top ten in the league at that point. Excluding the Washington Grubauer had faced teams that averaged when summed up at 21st in the standings. He hasn't faced tough match ups and has posted crappy stat lines besides win loss record which is also getting worse by now after every start Grubauer gets.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
The sharks have had more people jump on, and then fall off that wagon than just about any team. Have had lots of powerhouse years and nothing to show for it.

No matter how bad the Avs got, I could never switch teams. I've been a fan since I was 6. I'm Canadian, and we pick our teams as kids and stick with them for life lol we're more committed to our teams than we are our wives lol
I hear ya. My family had season tix from 96 to 2009. I’ve tracked and watched them religiously as I’ve moved around.

It’s just getting harder to dedicate time to it. Kid on the way and Bay Area, albeit Santa Cruz life style, it’s hard to dedicate the time to games it’s almost predictable they’ll lose now.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I hear ya. My family had season tix from 96 to 2009. I’ve tracked and watched them religiously as I’ve moved around.

It’s just getting harder to dedicate time to it. Kid on the way and Bay Area, albeit Santa Cruz life style, it’s hard to dedicate the time to games it’s almost predictable they’ll lose now.
Well they've only sucked for 10ish games. Before that they didn't have a regulation loss in 11 games. They aren't a complete team or a contender. They've had some moderate success, and have the best line in the NHL. It might be raising people's expectations too much. I don't expect them to make it out of the first round.

They are playing like trash lately, but it won't last forever.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
lol

In those games where Grubauer has started the Avs have scored 3,93 goals per game and Grubauer has let in 3,07 goals per game in those starts.

I checked after the game againts Blackhawks where opponents who Gruabuer had faced to that date were in the standings. Washington was the only team in top ten in the league at that point. Excluding the Washington Grubauer had faced teams that averaged when summed up at 21st in the standings. He hasn't faced tough match ups and has posted crappy stat lines besides win loss record which is also getting worse by now after every start Grubauer gets.
Exactly, some people just don't get it :thumbu: .

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Wow, if this continues the season will be going south pretty quick..... Chicago on Saturday is a Must-Win.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Sinking like a rock, not surprised at all. We needed our 1st line to put up the best start ever in the cap era to have a decent record. Until the 2nd line is fixed the Avs are not going anywhere. The issue is very obvious and its up to Sakic to do something about it.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Safe to say that's extremely inaccurate.
And this is based on what?

Look at the last big names traded and you will not see one player that returned anything as valuable as a top 5 pick, not one. EK, ROR and McDonagh were all traded for much less.

Stone is a pending UFA. Ottawa has no leverage as teams know that they pretty much have to trade him no matter what, unless he wants to stay in Ottawa.

You are overrating his value.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
0-12-4 when the 1st line gets less than 4 points. The Avs are a garbage team when the top line is not having a big game.
I'm glad you looked this up. I was too tired to look it up last night. That record is simply pathetic and it bottom 9 guys should be embarrassed by it.

I fully understand that you probably aren't going to have a great record when your top guys aren't playing their best or are getting shut down, but it really shouldn't be much worse than something like 5-7-4. Your secondary guys have to be at least serviceable.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How did Graves do?

Not bad. Some rookie mistakes, one really bad turnover in the defensive zone, but he did what they wanted him to do, and that was take shots from the point. And he took a lot so that's good.

On a side note, it's not good when I have to commend Patrik Nemeth for his physicality, because he's the only guy truly trying to defend in the slot area. The others are just waving their sticks or flopping in front of Grubauer and it's getting tough to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad