GDT: Game 37: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Vegas Golden Knights | 12:30pm | A Game of Two Years

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif

HAULA!!!!!!!!!

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Amazing story these Knights, eh?

Crazy thing is, McPhee can go any number of ways moving forward...... continue to build on what he has...trade away productive current players for super high ceiling prospects....or do a hybrid of those two plans.
Plus he has a ton of draft picks in the 2018 draft that he can either use or use as trade chips.

Just a good job all around by Vegas ownership/management/coaching and kudos to the players themselves for taking opportunities given to them and running with it.

Oh yea....and they are beating up on the Leafs too... 3-0 now. Bonus! :laugh:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Most excellent 1st period of hockey... would have like to have cashed in on the PP but ah well I'll take a 3-0 lead. Hopefully we keep it up in the 2nd and 3rd

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Vegas is a fine example of a team that does not have any super star but they play hard and within structure and work hard for every single possession. This team is setting example for every team "how to play without super stars" - kudos to the coaching staff

I am a big fan of this team

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I want to be pissed at 3-0 but I can't help to love watching Vegas and the great buzz from the crowd during home games. Great team that plays as a unit. Hoping they blow the lead today :laugh: but other then that Go Vegas :thumbu:

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Nice interview of Leipsic on Leafs TV. (Leipsic played six games with Leafs last year.)

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Vegas is a fine example of a team that does not have any super star but they play hard and within structure and work hard for every single possession. This team is setting example for every team "how to play without super stars" - kudos to the coaching staff

I am a big fan of this team

Among the Canadian teams, the Leafs are my favorite. Their fans are passionate and knowledgeable without being obnoxious. Unfortunately, the Leafs have had a rough run in recent decades. As a Pens fan, I must also thank the Leafs for the Kessel trade.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Marleau with his goal has one against 30 teams in the league.

(Still has one more chance this season to score against Sharks)

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Willie Karlsson going OFF!

It has been said Vegas has no superstar players and they win by playing in structure and as a unit.
This is true...but I also think the team has some players that were vastly under utilized by their former teams (or simply lost in the depth charts), and are now given the opportunity to show they are top six or top pair D material.

Erik Haula, Jonathan Marchessault, and of course, Willie Karlsson are very good examples of this.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I mean this respectfully: Leafs are at least a solid offensive team, but they seem out of rhythm today. Could it be the bright lights? Maybe they have enjoyed the benefits of "Question 2" a little too much.

GhallucinateCERT.gif

Then, again, it could just be the fatigue factor after a five game road trip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad