Post-Game Talk: GAME 37 - Penguins 6 BRUINS 5

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
An agressive forecheck like Florida's is a problem for virtually every team in the league.

That's why the Panthers are only 3 points off the best record in the league.
Also did them in against,Carolina,the Islanders,Tampa ,if you don’t have a defence that clears the front of the net or blocks a lot off shot’s it’s a recipe for disaster,especially if you’re goalie doesn’t stand on his head.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
that first half of the game was the worst ive ever seen a Bruin defense play in over 20 years. it was comical and embarrassing.
the giveaways the missed coverages. the collisions. you wouldve thought it was a beer league team that showed up hammered.
I also feel like the commentators didnt even pick up on how bad they were.
You do know the forwards need to do their jobs as well? How many times did the forwards give the puck away after a d gave them outlet passes? ALL NIGHT

Just about every goal the Pens scored where fortunes bounces, it happens

How did you like the breakaway and the two on none when we had the power play? let me guess it was chuckies fault

Reactions: lopey

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Also did them in against,Carolina,the Islanders,Tampa ,if you don’t have a defence that clears the front of the net or blocks a lot off shot’s it’s a recipe for disaster,especially if you’re goalie doesn’t stand on his head.
Would help if Coyle and company didn't lose every face-off and maybe start with the puck for a change.

Coyle can't play again good centers that's why he's a lifetime third liner and always will be

Reactions: BergyWho37

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Would help if Coyle and company didn't lose every face-off and maybe start with the puck for a change.

Coyle can't play again good centers that's why he's a lifetime third liner and always will be
Yeah definitely agree face off loses are killing them .

The coach is panicking
And a shortened bench isn’t going to be a recipe for playoff success not for long anyway

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Didn't seem that long ago when the 4th line was so trusted and effective they played a regular shift shutting down top lines and even starting games. Compare that to around 6 minutes last night.

Many fans wanted to see what the kids can do.

This is what they can do.

6 minutes, 0-7 on faceoffs, no shots on goal.

Most of the season the 4th line has been an albatross, saved by the guys that make saves. Super long stretches of being hemmed in.

Reactions: lopey and RoccoF14

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
He is a player that , I felt should have been moved two plus years ago . At that time most posters disagreed with me and had valid arguments for there opinion . This year I feel Gryz has become less of player than he was in the past after watching the Carter goal it is not hard to understand why you do not want him in your line up come playoff time. I am just not sure if he has any value on the trade market ??? The Bruins d is not deep enough that you can not play him.
He’s only still on this team because Sweeney
Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
-Keep these guys together. I think their chemistry will continue to grow and they can log a ton of minutes.

Zacha-Merkulov-Pastrnak
-Give Merk a chance to shine with some really talented players.

Heinen-Poitras-Geekie
-Heinen and Pots have had good chemistry. Geekie adds good size and skill to that line and can take important face offs.

JVR-Beecher-Frederic
-Heavy line 2.0. Good mix of size and skill. I think these two guys can help bump up Beechers scoring while playing good responsible hockey.
he will never go with three rookie centers. He can’t even go a game without sitting them.

Reactions: Gordoff

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Didn't notice, did Monty have a lot of turnovers last night? Was he on the power play when the Pens had a breakaway followed by a 2 on 0? Did he shoot the puck into the crowd for a delay of game?
He didn’t pull a goalie that was clearly not on top his game last night, or call a timeout to settle the team. While players deserve blame he also is part of the team.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Verbeek, Roenick, Bondra, Bellows, Nicholls, Mogilny, Fleury, Middleton, Larmer, Vaive, Roberts....just to name a few not in with 400+

A bunch of them have cups too

Most of those guys played in a more open scoring era then Marchand. Marchand also has a reputation as an elite 2 way forward and has scored around 30 SH goals in his career, he is more then just a " numbers " guy. Furthermore he also won 2 World Juniors with Canada and excelled in one of those tournaments with other countries several years ago, sorry I forget the details but he played on a line with Crosby and Bergeron and was outstanding.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
We need more physicality. I don't how we get it from guys who should be doing it, but we need it. It was a crazy game. And we almost got a win, but we can't give up 6 and expect to win. Lots of good things from players, lots of not so great things. Shame it off. Move to the next one.
Last night had nothing to do with physicality, it was the Pens utilizing their speed to exploit the Bruins D.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Many fans wanted to see what the kids can do.

This is what they can do.

6 minutes, 0-7 on faceoffs, no shots on goal.

Most of the season the 4th line has been an albatross, saved by the guys that make saves. Super long stretches of being hemmed in.
Sure the 6 mins of ice time the 4th line gets is being saved by the goalies. lol No the whole friggin team benefits from the strong tandem goaltending not just the fourth line.

Last night the “good” players as you believe struggled. Especially in the beginning. Can’t place blame on young players when the team lets up 6 and they are only on ice for 6mins.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
And somehow he's third on the team in goals and points.
good for him clap clap clap, he's not a top six player and it shows on most nights regardless of his points. He's a terrible center on both ends of the ice against quality players.

Its not his fault he's in over his head,I blame the GM

He need to stop taking D zone face-offs its killing them and wearing down the D

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Knocking a guy on his ass can certainly slow him down..
Hard to hit guys when they are 3 strides ahead of you already. Bruins D men gambled in the OZone in a WildWest game and got burned repeatedly Not saying toughness or physical play isn't still a concern as evidenced by Gryz covering nothing in the slot on Carter's PP goal.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
good for him clap clap clap, he's not a top six player and it shows on most nights regardless of his points. He's a terrible center on both ends of the ice against quality players.

His role last year was literally always starting in the DZone and he did great at it, saying he's terrible against top guys with the stats he has this year is a bit much for sure...

Reactions: Spjutmuren and BMC

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Didn't seem that long ago when the 4th line was so trusted and effective they played a regular shift shutting down top lines and even starting games. Compare that to around 6 minutes last night.
I know big IF but best fourth line would be
Beecher, Lucic and a combination of Lauko/Heinen/Steen

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Keep denying reality all you want. He’s absolutely a 2C at this point

they have been one of the best teams in the league and he’s on pace to get over 60 points for them. Like what are we even talking about anymore? It’s silly. 3C’s don’t produce like that.

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Last night had nothing to do with physicality, it was the Pens utilizing their speed to exploit the Bruins D.
How many of the Pens goals came from players not being moved from the slot?

The team need a legit center , we don't have one we can count on in a big moment.
Let's face facts, they need a lot, regardless of record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad