GDT: Game 37: Last road game of 2018

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I used to love Rod, like most Canes fan. But my gosh my thoughts on him changed since being a coach. I didn't think he'd be this bad. I had a feeling him becoming the head coach could tarnish his history here, but not to this extent. Getting more frustrated with him by the day. McNoGoalsIn20Games with Aho & TT is just plain dumb. McGinn should be seeing the press box, not the freaking first line........

It'll be fine once he's gone. Nothing can tarnish the memory of Rod lifting our only Cup... and it's not like he'd be the first coach to struggle with this group.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Yes, McGinn hasn't earned it, but I can understand the rationale of trying to get him back to any level of production. And they aren't breaking up anything special really.

And I'll never understand the tarnish the legacy thing. I can't imagine not being able to separate what he did as a player and a coach. As a Pats fan, Tom Brady could become coach, go 0-16 for 10 straight years, take a dump on the logo every game, and then burn the stadium to the ground, and it still wouldn't tarnish what he did as a player. Rod winning even one Cup for us is about the same. Probably even more miraculous.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Staal with Ferland and McGinn with Hamilton and TVR against the Hischier/Hall unit, albeit an ozone faceoff.

Reactions: Tryamw

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
But why McGinn over Ferland? He actually looked pretty good last game and was part of Aho’s goal. Seems given his last game and early season success with Aho and TT, he’d bee the logical choice. McGinn should be anywhere near the top six on any team, ours included.

The guy that's just coming off a concussion after his history of concussions (and this year's problem of rushing them back too quickly)? Yeah, he can play as little as necessary if it means he stays in the lineup.

You’re right. But my vision of Brindy is certainly clouded at the moment by his current level of coaching.

Frankly, I don't think we can judge Rod (or any coach) based on the talent we typically give them. Just about every "awful" coach we let go finds a job somewhere else and winds up being extremely successful.

Which tells me that the coach has rarely been the issue here, but rather the tools we give them (or don't give them in most cases).

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Those dudes have to be wearing cups right? I mean that would suck even with one but I don't know what's standard for refs. I left my cup at home once before a beer league game; I went back to get it.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad