GDT: Game 37: Last road game of 2018

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
cut.png

Today's game is the second of four contests between New Jersey and Carolina. New Jersey fell in the first game, 2-1 on Nov. 18 at Carolina. The Devils are 2-1-1 in day games this year at the Prudential Center, and 2-3-2 overall. New Jersey is 8-6-0 against Carolina since the 2015-16 season.

The Hurricanes find themselves in the midst of a stretch of five consecutive games against divisional opponents, and they'll be looking for a bounce-back effort in New Jersey after dropping a 3-1 decision in Washington after returning from the holiday break.

My last (and first!) GDT was success - we win against Coyotes. Let's do it again.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Yay a matinee so I can watch it without having to stay up from 1am to 4am to watch mediocrity. And fun part about this game, regardless of how they play, by the end of it, ill be on a train to the airport en route to Barcelona for New Years!!

also, GO CANES!
Hope you'll have a great time in Barcelona, was there last week just before Christmas. Have fun!

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Hope you'll have a great time in Barcelona, was there last week just before Christmas. Have fun!

Thanks! It will be my first time there. I was debating on where I wanted to go. 2 years ago I was in Prague, last year in Budapest for New Years. Last New Years ill be here in Europe so wanted to make sure it was an awesome one. London and Amsterdam were tops on the list but both were ungodly expensive. Barcelona is supposed to be incredible for NY and it wasnt crazy expensive to get there or get a hotel right by the main celebration area. Should be a good time.

Would you mind PMing me some suggestions and tips?

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I used to love Rod, like most Canes fan. But my gosh my thoughts on him changed since being a coach. I didn't think he'd be this bad. I had a feeling him becoming the head coach could tarnish his history here, but not to this extent. Getting more frustrated with him by the day. McNoGoalsIn20Games with Aho & TT is just plain dumb. McGinn should be seeing the press box, not the freaking first line........

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Everyone is freaking out over McGinn on the first line. I don't see the issue. The SAT line looked awful last game (as did the rest of the team), and we once again failed to score more than a single goal.

The SAT line worked because Svech was able to create space for Aho and TT to work. The hope is that McGinn can do the same, while Svech gets back to producing on another line, probably with Martinook, since he's said he enjoys playing with him.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Everyone is freaking out over McGinn on the first line. I don't see the issue. The SAT line looked awful last game (as did the rest of the team), and we once again failed to score more than a single goal.

The SAT line worked because Svech was able to create space for Aho and TT to work. The hope is that McGinn can do the same, while Svech gets back to producing on another line, probably with Martinook, since he's said he enjoys playing with him.
But why McGinn over Ferland? He actually looked pretty good last game and was part of Aho’s goal. Seems given his last game and early season success with Aho and TT, he’d bee the logical choice. McGinn should be anywhere near the top six on any team, ours included.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Thanks! It will be my first time there. I was debating on where I wanted to go. 2 years ago I was in Prague, last year in Budapest for New Years. Last New Years ill be here in Europe so wanted to make sure it was an awesome one. London and Amsterdam were tops on the list but both were ungodly expensive. Barcelona is supposed to be incredible for NY and it wasnt crazy expensive to get there or get a hotel right by the main celebration area. Should be a good time.

Would you mind PMing me some suggestions and tips?

Here's one: watch your wallet on the Ramblas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->