Pre-Game Talk: GAME 37 1/20/22 7:08 PM - WASHINGTON - ESPN+, HULU, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
It's the ironic thing about the JDB situation:

If he's being scouted, and he wants a trade, he needs to step up his game to help make it happen.
But if he can step up his game at will, why not just do that and then he'll be happier (presumably) to be in Boston.
This is the issue with Jake. He has talent no doubt but he is so inconsistent that teams are afraid of what they will get in a trade. Even scouting him must be a nightmare from game to game.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bs are 9-2-1 with Steen in the lineup this season. 5 pts in 12 games, 19 hits, and a takeaway/giveaway ratio a sick 6:1. He brings energy and solid play to the ice. There are a couple players who are less deserving of being on the ice over him, yet are in tonight. This better not become a trend. Steen is developing and doing all the right things. I guess a semi-interested Jake and a lumbering Foligno give the Bs a better chance to win against the Caps than having Steen in for one of those two. Hope Jake and/or Foligno have big games and this post doesn't age well, but I won't be holding my breath.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This is the issue with Jake. He has talent no doubt but he is so inconsistent that teams are afraid of what they will get in a trade. Even scouting him must be a nightmare from game to game.

its that.
As well as every team needs to ask itself ‘what is the real JDB?’.

Because if you deal for him, qualify that contract, and he still shits the bed…..could be a career limiting move for a GM.

As a matter of fact if Im the other team GM I offer my own non performing player or say a 3rd.

but thats it.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Cassidy saying Steen needs to sit and be better but excuses Rask, Cliffy and well everyone for that performance. Just to make room for Foligno, they should have sat Jake. Steen of all the players gives 100% on the ice. Cassidy is turning into Claude before our eyes.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Cassidy saying Steen needs to sit and be better but excuses Rask, Cliffy and well everyone for that performance. Just to make room for Foligno, they should have sat Jake. Steen of all the players gives 100% on the ice. Cassidy is turning into Claude before our eyes.
I think Jake is in because they are shopping him. I hope he comes to play so we can get him the hell out of here.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I hope they do not let ovie get away with his borderline charging hits and someone dummy him for once. Thing is no one on the team is built that way, love to add Lawson Crouse and finally get rid of Jake.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Guessing there’s a scout or two in the building tonight

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

We play Washington tonight. I will not fault a Steen for Foligno switch.

Steen could use a game to watch from above. Foligno could make a difference tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad