Pre-Game Talk: GAME 37 1/20/22 7:08 PM - WASHINGTON - ESPN+, HULU, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2022-1-19_13-39-41.png

upload_2022-1-19_13-42-48.png

Thursday night on ESPN+ the Boston Bruins (22-12-2) host the Washington Capitals (22-9-9) at TD Garden at 7 p.m. ET, with Bob Wischusen on play-by-play, analyst Brian Boucher and AJ Mleczko reporting.
upload_2022-1-19_13-40-30.png

upload_2022-1-19_13-41-16.png

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Playing Washington at a good time

No
Oshie- stud
Sheary- 4th leading goal scorer
Carlsson- #1 D
Orlov- #2D

This might be there D tomm
Fehervary-Schultz
Irwin-Jensen
Cholowski-TvR

No excuses need 2 points and a big bounce back game

Nothings certain.

Tampa beat LA last night with just 4 defensemen.

Hedman played 32:37

Reactions: Knox Harrington

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bs need to take advantage with the Caps down some good players. Bs did that against the Preds 4-3 with the Preds missing two key players in Ekholm and Forsberg.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
7-1 Carolina ....wait....what day is this? ...what thread is this?....that game got me hitting the sauce hard and I've lost some time......DO BETTER! lol

Reactions: FONZIE and KWbruin

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Please, no more tributes in Boston for a long time Bruins

..there's tons of room for improvement after last night's debacle

so let's take it to these Crapitals from the very first puck drop for a full 60 minutes

..and I'm confident we'll walk away with two points

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I watch a fair amount of games not involving the Bruins. Small sample size, but what I'm observing is the league isn't quite right (obvious reasons we don't need to rehash). There are some unusual games nightly.

I'm not reading too much into the debacle against Carolina, nor the high-scoring Bruins from their winning streak.

Washington may be missing some key players, but the B's need a MUCH better effort.

I saw the debate over Marchand/Twitter. While that likely had little bearing on the game, I'd prefer if players would stay off social media. At worst it provides bulletin board material for opponents; at best it's not even really that funny.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I watch a fair amount of games not involving the Bruins. Small sample size, but what I'm observing is the league isn't quite right (obvious reasons we don't need to rehash). There are some unusual games nightly.

I'm not reading too much into the debacle against Carolina, nor the high-scoring Bruins from their winning streak.

Washington may be missing some key players, but the B's need a MUCH better effort.

I saw the debate over Marchand/Twitter. While that likely had little bearing on the game, I'd prefer if players would stay off social media. At worst it provides bulletin board material for opponents; at best it's not even really that funny.

Good point re things being rather out of whack across the league. Any team can beat any other team if one is on and the other isn't. That's been true in the NHL for a while, but even more so lately I feel. We've seen supposedly undermanned teams come out and trounce more fancied opponents, and we've also seen them get hammered. The teams that are best able to roll with all the challenges and curve balls and keep putting in consistent performances are going to best placed to bank good points. The Bruins should be raring to bounce back and reclaim their pride against the Caps, and that motivation and effort shouldn't dip one bit just because Washington's missing a few guys. Anything less than full commitment and they'll likely get themselves in trouble.

With athletes and social media, I think it's fine if they're just posting general stuff like pictures and posts of their families, dogs, holidays etc., or gentle in-team banter like Torey Krug used to be good at. But anything regarding other teams or players should be strictly avoided, and if they want to make a comment about the league or something sports-political, well I wouldn't want to blanket ban it and take away a player's right to give their opinions, but I'd strongly suggest they think very very carefully about their words before posting anything. It's just not worth the hassle or grief getting involved in anything derogatory or controversial. It never benefits anybody, so don't do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeroforce

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Good point re things being rather out of whack across the league. Any team can beat any other team if one is on and the other isn't. That's been true in the NHL for a while, but even more so lately I feel. We've seen supposedly undermanned teams come out and trounce more fancied opponents, and we've also seen them get hammered. The teams that are best able to roll with all the challenges and curve balls and keep putting in consistent performances are going to best placed to bank good points. The Bruins should be raring to bounce back and reclaim their pride against the Caps, and that motivation and effort shouldn't dip one bit just because Washington's missing a few guys. Anything less than full commitment and they'll likely get themselves in trouble.

With athletes and social media, I think it's fine if they're just posting general stuff like pictures and posts of their families, dogs, holidays etc., or gentle in-team banter like Torey Krug used to be good at. But anything regarding other teams or players should be strictly avoided, and if they want to make a comment about the league or something sports-political, well I wouldn't want to blanket ban it and take away a player's right to give their opinions, but I'd strongly suggest they think very very carefully about their words before posting anything. It's just not worth the hassle or grief getting involved in anything derogatory or controversial. It always never benefits anybody, so don't do it.
Watched Arizona/NJ tonight, and the Coyotes nearly made it out of the first without so much as registering a shot. Despite the Devils dominating and greatly outshooting them, Arizona won handily. But aside from that, the feel of the game, like many other, was strange. I don't see this changing, especially with such a compressed schedule.

I completely agree on the social media. I'm all for athletes sharing family pics and such, but not chirping other teams. I know the leagues encourage players to be on social media, allegedly to attract younger/casual fans. But it all seems juvenile to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad