GDT: Game 36: Red Wings at ducks postponed to 1/9/22 8:00 pm et (BSD+)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It was a good game. Rasmussen was very good . Didn't see much Seider in ot .
How many injured players will have after today

Reactions: DatsDeking

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Attamerne 3-6-9 in 34.
Last year 11-9-20 in 45.

What happen
Playing with Raz as center. He's also passing up on way too many shots and being too passive in general. Just like his linemate Vlad, he's only good in contract years. Watch, he'll put up second line number next season, lol.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I don't like Raymond's body language lately.

I think he’s going through some growing pains for sure. Teams are noticing him and now he’s gotta adjust. I think he will, but it does look like it’s frustrating him.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Bert is fiiiiiiine....

About 10 years ago in a men's league game I went into the corner with a dude, we got tangled up, both went down, and he got up first. When he did, he stepped on the inside of my right wrist. Just a freak thing. I felt my wrist get sliced open, immediately tossed my gloves and clamped down on my wrist with my other hand. Skated off and got it wrapped as quickly as possible. Fair amount of blood, but not gushing, and so I probably got a little too confident/cavalier at that point. Drove myself to Urgent Care like, eh, might need a couple sutures. They were like, yeah, you nicked your artery, tough guy. No nerve damage thankfully. They fixed me up and I was back for the 3rd period. Kidding. I didn't skate for a few weeks lol.

So yeah, I obviously have no idea how bad Bert's injury is. The lack of blood on the ice is positive. Hopefully no nerve/tendon damage.

Reactions: Gniwder

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Zegras did nothing except for that Goal... literally nothing

I don't know about that. Couple of his zone entries caught my eye. Had a pretty good block in the D zone. Not to mention the shootout goal.

Both kids had good plays and bad plays tonight. I'm not saying one was better than the other. Both look very promising. Not sure what's up with Raymond's inability to catch a pass lately.... gripping the stick, trying to do too much, I dunno.

Gotta believe Zegras is ahead in the Calder race.

Last edited:

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't know about that. Couple of his zone entries caught my eye. Had a pretty good block in the D zone.

Both kids had good plays and bad plays tonight. I'm not saying one was better than the other. Both look very promising. Not sure what's up with Raymond's inability to catch a pass lately.... gripping the stick, trying to do too much, I dunno.

Gotta believe Zegras is ahead in the Calder race.

Seider >>> both

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Like how Mick is a fan of Givani Smith.

If Mick weren't a fan of Smith, it would be a pretty big red flag for Smith haha. Or a sign Mick is racist (Mick is not a racist AFAICT, the prior statement is not meant to slander Mick in any way.... I still hope to have some ginger ales with him one day :laugh:).

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Did we see the play that got Larkin?
Someone suggested that it was the play where Manson ran Raymond (6;20 left in 1st), but I don't see anything in the tussle afterwards that would have lead to an injury. He finished the 1st on the 5 on 3, and didn't come back in the second.

That concludes my video research. Inconclusive, sorry I'm not much help

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Seider >>> both

I agree. My vote today would be 1. Seider, 2. Zegras, and 3. Raymond, with a not insignificant gap between each, especially the first two. I really like all 3 a lot in terms of how they play the game as Calder candidates. Which isn't always the case. I'm still smarting over Barret Jackman.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
It's like the 3rd time he's passed up on a good opportunity in this game. He needs to be scratched and forced to write "Shoot the puck" 1000 times on a chalkboard.

Edit:
View attachment 497094

I don't know where the guy who scored 11 goals last year in a shorten season and looked on his way to a 20 goal guy in a full season is. However it is clear he doesn't work here anymore.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Seider >>> both
Agreed. He's an absolute game changer, and top 10 in his position. Raymond and Zegras are both good, but they are not top 10 forwards in the league.

I had both Zegras and Drysdale in their respective drafts. While I'm happy with Seider and Raymond, my selections would definitely be second choice right now.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
If Mick weren't a fan of Smith, it would be a pretty big red flag for Smith haha. Or a sign Mick is racist (Mick is not a racist AFAICT, the prior statement is not meant to slander Mick in any way.... I still hope to have some ginger ales with him one day :laugh:).

They've had bottom 6ers before like him and maybe I'm forgetting how Mick talked about those others but seems like he's really rooting for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad