GDT: Game #36: Panthers vs Coyotes- 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Yotes needed Keller, Schmaltz and even Maccelli to be better (Maccelli seemed slow to me tonight).

That 1st pp unit gets almost all the PP time but they couldn’t get a thing going.

Reactions: Jakey53 and rt

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I find Keller and Schm0ltz to be very disappointing, uninspiring, leaving me wondering .. whats all the hype for? they both shrink away when needed. its the other guys carrying the load.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
What's crazy is we're not that far from being just as good. Give us a NHL defense

This seems attainable in a year or two with careful moves.

and a 1c, we might win this game.
1704257457254.jpeg

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I find Keller and Schm0ltz to be very disappointing, uninspiring, leaving me wondering .. whats all the hype for? they both shrink away when needed. its the other guys carrying the load.

Schmaltz has always been too streaky to count on in a front line role long term. Keller can be that guy but mostly hasn't this season. He's still pretty productive but just isn't driving the play like he was last season.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Bruins fan here.

I might legit buy a Zucker jersey.
lol. Sorry for making BERGERON’s career end with the most embarrassing moment in NhL history,

Very stupid and very ugly game. 38 needs to smarten up. 8 needs to work harder. The whole squad needs to flush this one.

Cooley was really fun to watch. Might be the first game of his mid-season turn.
I was in person: Cooley is something special. He needs some better decision making but that is some elite talent. If developed carefully, he will be the next (first?) Coyotes superstar! But

Reactions: DustyDangler

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
lol. Sorry for making BERGERON’s career end with the most embarrassing moment in NhL history,

I was in person: Cooley is something special. He needs some better decision making but that is some elite talent. If developed carefully, he will be the next (first?) Coyotes superstar! But
I’m old enough to remember Keith Tkachuk and Jeremy Roenick. They showed a close up of the very old looking Paul Maurice and I told my wife that I know I’m old because I remember when he was the youngest coach in the league. And I remember controversy around how young he was.

I’m only 38 but I feel like I’m 78 right now.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’m old enough to remember Keith Tkachuk and Jeremy Roenick. They showed a close up of the very old looking Paul Maurice and I told my wife that I know I’m old because I remember when he was the youngest coach in the league. And I remember controversy around how young he was.

I’m only 38 but I feel like I’m 78 right now.
I didn’t watch enough of them on the Yotes but were they stars or superstars?

rt

May 13, 2004
I didn’t watch enough of them on the Yotes but were they stars or superstars?
Tkachuk had 52 goals in one season and could kick the crap out of any four NHLers you want to pick today, line them up, and he could take them one after the other. Roenick had more transcendent star power than any NHL player player today. If you mixed Nate MacKinnon with Trevor Zegras and also Tom Wilson you’d maybe get close.

rt

May 13, 2004
Schmaltz needs to get it going offensively.

23 points in 36 games is weak for a 1st line + PP1 player that averages 20 minutes a game.
Schmaltz is making 7.5m this season. 8.45m next season. And the season after, he’s making 8.5m in that final season. He’s about to turn 28 next month and he’s a 10 team NTC.

Which team is desperate for a scorer? The Caps maybe more than anyone, right? Schmaltz for Fehervary and Protas? Add a pick from our side and get Iorio?

Last edited:

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Very stupid and very ugly game. 38 needs to smarten up. 8 needs to work harder. The whole squad needs to flush this one.

Cooley was really fun to watch. Might be the first game of his mid-season turn.
I agree wrt Cooley. I think he outplayed Keller.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Schmaltz is making 7.5m this season. 8.45m next season. And the season after, he’s making 8.5m in that final season. He’s about to turn 28 next month and he’s a 10 team NTC.

Which team is desperate for a scorer? The Caps maybe more than anyone, right? Schmaltz for Fehervary and Protas? Add a pick from our side and get Iorio?
We will have to retain some to get rid of Schmaltz. I thought he would get traded last year because of his contract.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I watched this game and we looked like the last shit I took.
Big, hard and smelly?

Schmaltz needs to get it going offensively.

23 points in 36 games is weak for a 1st line + PP1 player that averages 20 minutes a game.
Schmaltz and Keller have been terrible 5v5 all year. You need your first line to produce.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What's crazy is we're not that far from being just as good. Give us a NHL defense and a 1c, we might win this game.
I disagree. We are "that far." We have made tremendous growth and the Coyote's should be proud of themselves, but now the hard part starts. We were lucky against Colorado, and last night while the score was close the play wasn't. The Panthers are a very good team. This homestand will be hard, now even harder.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2