GDT: Game #36: Panthers vs Coyotes- 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Cousins walks away without even a penalty on the play and Zucker gets 3 games for retaliating...can't make this shit up.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I have no idea how you can watch that video and conclude Zucker doesn't deserve to be suspended?? Hits a Player straight into numbers into boards while traveling distance and leaving ice to deliver the hit. Textbook suspension. Cousins actions are irrelevant to Zuckers

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Bullshit but I'm fine with Zucker's play still. You run one of ours we'll take a number. Ideally it's a cleaner but still hard hit but I won't complain.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I have no idea how you can watch that video and conclude Zucker doesn't deserve to be suspended?? Hits a Player straight into numbers into boards while traveling distance and leaving ice to deliver the hit. Textbook suspension. Cousins actions are irrelevant to Zuckers
but 3 games ?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
No doubt Zucker deserved to be suspended...and next time, rather than 'ease' up on Cousins, just crush him and get your monies worth. When players cross the line and the 'refs' won't police correctly by calling a penalty, the players have to police themselves so Zucker absolutely should have boarded Cousins.

Next time, just get your monies worth...maybe if Cousins misses a few games with an injury (ala Concussion), maybe he'll learn a lesson and not hit a player in the head when he's down on his knees.

In the past our team wouldn't have done a thing, I'll take this response all day long...we're not taking shit from anyone...love it.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Watch more closely. He hits him at the back of the shoulder, his rear foot left the ice, he did not "leave his feet." I could maybe understand one game, not three.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Cousins is great at embellishing…which is absolutely no secret. Did anyone here think he wasn’t going to miraculously return to the game after being “knocked out cold” so severely? Surprise surprise.

He made sure to make the hit look as bad as possible when it happened. On the highlight reel and clip it looks like it’s bad. I’m betting the league doesn’t want that look so that doesn’t help Zucker.

It’s a shame it works as well as it does. It’s also disgraceful to play up severe injuries like that, but he’s gonna keep doing it because it worked.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
The hit was late and textbook interference, it wasn't a hit from behind or a crosscheck or a check to the head or an elbow though. It was just a standard shoulder check that Cousins either didn't see and prepare for at all or embellished. You can call it boarding but it's not even textbook boarding. 3 games is a lot for that kind of hit.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Have you heard of "homers?" Zucker deserved what he got, but Cousins not getting a penalty is kind of suspect, but if you watch the video, Vali went to his knees last second. Vali didn't seem any worse for ware after the Cousins hit, and it might have looked worse than it was.

Watch more closely. He hits him at the back of the shoulder, his rear foot left the ice, he did not "leave his feet." I could maybe understand one game, not three.
If that was Keller that got hit we all would be yelling for a five game suspension.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The hit was premeditated. The puck was no where around Cousins. Cousins embellished the hit for sure and should have got a penalty as well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Cousins walks away without even a penalty on the play and Zucker gets 3 games for retaliating...can't make this shit up.
It's not that he retaliated, it's where, how and when. Dumb hit at the wrong time, wrong place.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The hit was late and textbook interference, it wasn't a hit from behind or a crosscheck or a check to the head or an elbow though. It was just a standard shoulder check that Cousins either didn't see and prepare for at all or embellished. You can call it boarding but it's not even textbook boarding. 3 games is a lot for that kind of hit.
You think that was a standard shoulder check? Yiu really can't be serious??

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
His shoulder is on one of the digits on his back, the picture of the video shows it clearly. The part in quotations is not in my post but Zucker clearly elevated from the ice to throw the hit.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Three games feels very excessive. Especially with the context of the hit and nothing being called against Cousins.

I was expecting one game and thought a game would have been appropriate.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I remember a doctor saying that if you're knocked unconscious, you've experienced a concussion. Yet, Cousins was allowed back in the game. The protocol is apparently broken, as it's now reported he was concussed.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I remember a doctor saying that if you're knocked unconscious, you've experienced a concussion. Yet, Cousins was allowed back in the game. The protocol is apparently broken, as it's now reported he was concussed.

Was going to post something of this nature, but lotta politics here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00