Post-Game Talk: GAME 36 - BRUINS 4 - CBJ 1

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Shattenkirk def my biggest surprise this year. The guy has done way better than I expected.
Carlo had major issues getting the puck out. Always been a problem with him.
Lindholm also couldnt get the puck out last night. McAvoy another game where he cant shoot or pass right.
I swear Lindholm McAvoy and Carlo are injured. McAvoy should be giving us so much more at this point.
Glad Heinen got on the board.
Freddy has to keep shooting and hitting the net. He has a heavy shot.
I liked the KS signing, thought he would be a great fit on the right side to replace Cliffy. It is nice to see the hard work Freddy has put in with his skating / game is paying off. I see an improvement in his all around game and his shooting percentage is way up. He should be a consistent 20 goal guy, might even get to 25 one year if his minutes increase.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Guessing Lohrei or Gryz is the odd man out when Forbort comes back? I like the 48/12 combo as 3rd pair. Problem is Forbort cannot play with Carlo or Mac.

team is looking good, I don't see any reason for them to slow down and

Guessing Lohrei or Gryz is the odd man out when Forbort comes back? I like the 48/12 combo as 3rd pair. Problem is Forbort cannot play with Carlo or Mac.

team is looking good, I don't see any reason for them to slow down.
Lohrei and McAvoy don’t have great even strength stats. 6 goals for , 8 against. Forbort and Mc are 3-0. Also, Lohrei with Shattenkirk and 1-5. I see they are playing Gryz back in slowly, and then they will put him back with Mac, and then put Forbort with Shatty.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Lohrei and McAvoy don’t have great even strength stats. 6 goals for , 8 against. Forbort and Mc are 3-0. Also, Lohrei with Shattenkirk and 1-5. I see they are playing Gryz back in slowly, and then they will put him back with Mac, and then put Forbort with Shatty.
I'd be pretty surprised if they take Lohrei out of the lineup at this point. He's getting better and better as we go. I think we'll see Forbort/Grizz rotate as 3LD at best.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I'd be pretty surprised if they take Lohrei out of the lineup at this point. He's getting better and better as we go. I think we'll see Forbort/Grizz rotate as 3LD at best.
You could be right. But I won’t be surprised if he’s the 7D. It’s a long season. It’s great the team has the depth, even for the playoffs.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
And Shattenkirk reminds me a little of Brad Park when he played at wounded knee in his twilight and had to rely on his head and his hands.
Good comparison. I wish Shattenkirk was a little quicker . I like him but hope he can be effective against the speedier teams in the playoffs. Overall , I think he is better than Clifton .

They won't make him 7D. They'll send him to Providence to continue getting reps.
It’s only my opinion but I don’t think Lohrei plays in Providence anymore.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Shattenkirk def my biggest surprise this year. The guy has done way better than I expected.
Carlo had major issues getting the puck out. Always been a problem with him.
Lindholm also couldnt get the puck out last night. McAvoy another game where he cant shoot or pass right.
I swear Lindholm McAvoy and Carlo are injured. McAvoy should be giving us so much more at this point.
Glad Heinen got on the board.
Freddy has to keep shooting and hitting the net. He has a heavy shot.
I'm hoping McAvoy gets to use the All-Star break to heal up. I think he's been nursing a few injuries.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
There are FIVE D with offensive upside in our top 6 right now. That's wild to me (in a good way).

I keep looking at the lineup trying to fit Poitras back in. Is it really such a bad idea to try

Lauko-Merkulov-Poitras

Before other people cry over "why play them if 4th line", lots of good teams have done this recently with their youth. Our 2nd and 3rd lines have the ability to play heavy and check. Our 4th line with those kids could be a nice change of pace line with some offensive upside.

The alternative is

JVR-Freddy-Poitras
Lauko-Merkulov-Heinen

But I kind of like Heinen on Freddy's wing right now. They're really frustrating to play.

I wish the offensive upside would translate to more offense from the backend.

The Carolina team that beat the Bruins in the playoffs ran Necas leading an offensively focused 4th line. But they also had the Staal line playing big defensive minutes.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I wish the offensive upside would translate to more offense from the backend.

The Carolina team that beat the Bruins in the playoffs ran Necas leading an offensively focused 4th line. But they also had the Staal line playing big defensive minutes.

Of late it....has?

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I'm hoping McAvoy gets to use the All-Star break to heal up. I think he's been nursing a few injuries.
Another reason I feel Shatty should the QB on PP1 . Charlie needs to rest up his body for the long haul he doesn't need the extra minutes / Plus I feel Shatty has a more accurate shot from the point.

Reactions: Secord and CDJ

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I would re-insert Beecher and add Merkulov to the LW, chuck Lauko on the right. They'd be annoying to play against for sure.

I dont see a spot for Poitras at this moment.....top line with Zacha and Pasta maybe but where does Geekie go? The JVR-Freddy-Heinen line last night looked really good!

That line would pop some goals

It’d be like an underdeveloped high tier 3rd line
We're behind Montreal?!?

That is unacceptable. :rant:

chock it up to them having nothing better to do :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
IMO that is a tribute to the guys here who have accepted us as fans. From the start I felt welcome here which isn't always the case for a female sports fan on a message board, chat, etc.

So go ahead guys & give yourselves a pat on the back! :bow:
I felt more welcomed by the men on this board than the women when I joined, imo.

Still do. But there are some good women on here that I appreciate, trust, and like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad