Post-Game Talk: GAME 36 - BRUINS 4 - CBJ 1

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Merkulov in for Beecher at 4C and that line definitely had better numbers and spent less time in its own zone compared to the last few games. But it's Columbus so probably can't read too much into that. Good effort though, expect we'll see the same combo against the Pens, that will be a more usable test.
Eh, I think Merk adds some tenacity, and quickness to that line-in short bursts. I have been moderately impressed so far.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I would re-insert Beecher and add Merkulov to the LW, chuck Lauko on the right. They'd be annoying to play against for sure.

I dont see a spot for Poitras at this moment.....top line with Zacha and Pasta maybe but where does Geekie go? The JVR-Freddy-Heinen line last night looked really good!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
And Shattenkirk reminds me a little of Brad Park when he played at wounded knee in his twilight and had to rely on his head and his hands.
His My Story episode was great. You can see why there was mutual interest on both sides. Having Shatty;s experience down the stretch and knock on wood, in the playoffs will be a huge benefit.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
The Jackets were missing 4 of their top players. But happy B’s walked away with the points.

Thefours

Feb 27, 2022
Sweet pass from Jvr and sweet finish from Freddy. Looked even better from another replay angle. What will Monty do with Potsy back? Is Freddy (besides his FO percentage) better at center with Jvr and Danton to keep intact? Hope to see it continue with stiffer competition!

Reactions: BMC

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Guessing Lohrei or Gryz is the odd man out when Forbort comes back? I like the 48/12 combo as 3rd pair. Problem is Forbort cannot play with Carlo or Mac.

team is looking good, I don't see any reason for them to slow down.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
There are FIVE D with offensive upside in our top 6 right now. That's wild to me (in a good way).

I keep looking at the lineup trying to fit Poitras back in. Is it really such a bad idea to try

Lauko-Merkulov-Poitras

Before other people cry over "why play them if 4th line", lots of good teams have done this recently with their youth. Our 2nd and 3rd lines have the ability to play heavy and check. Our 4th line with those kids could be a nice change of pace line with some offensive upside.

The alternative is

JVR-Freddy-Poitras
Lauko-Merkulov-Heinen

But I kind of like Heinen on Freddy's wing right now. They're really frustrating to play.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
There are FIVE D with offensive upside in our top 6 right now. That's wild to me (in a good way).

I keep looking at the lineup trying to fit Poitras back in. Is it really such a bad idea to try

Lauko-Merkulov-Poitras

Before other people cry over "why play them if 4th line", lots of good teams have done this recently with their youth. Our 2nd and 3rd lines have the ability to play heavy and check. Our 4th line with those kids could be a nice change of pace line with some offensive upside.

The alternative is

JVR-Freddy-Poitras
Lauko-Merkulov-Heinen

But I kind of like Heinen on Freddy's wing right now. They're really frustrating to play.
Merk will go down when Poitras is back. They're not going to waive Lauko or Steen to keep Merk up, or demote Beecher for that matter. Beecher had one game off and may have been dinged up. He hasn't lost his job.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Merk will go down when Poitras is back. They're not going to waive Lauko or Steen to keep Merk up, or demote Beecher for that matter. Beecher had one game off and may have been dinged up. He hasn't lost his job.

Then it's still the same question, but with Beecher in the 4C slot really. Poitras to the wing on line 3 or 4?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Shattenkirk def my biggest surprise this year. The guy has done way better than I expected.
Carlo had major issues getting the puck out. Always been a problem with him.
Lindholm also couldnt get the puck out last night. McAvoy another game where he cant shoot or pass right.
I swear Lindholm McAvoy and Carlo are injured. McAvoy should be giving us so much more at this point.
Glad Heinen got on the board.
Freddy has to keep shooting and hitting the net. He has a heavy shot.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Shattenkirk def my biggest surprise this year. The guy has done way better than I expected.
Carlo had major issues getting the puck out. Always been a problem with him.
Lindholm also couldnt get the puck out last night. McAvoy another game where he cant shoot or pass right.
I swear Lindholm McAvoy and Carlo are injured. McAvoy should be giving us so much more at this point.
Glad Heinen got on the board.
Freddy has to keep shooting and hitting the net. He has a heavy shot.

With all we've learned from Bergy (being so worn down come playoffs) it would be weird if so many of the D were hurt. We do have the guys to give them 10 days to get better.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
That game last night is what they call a professional win. They were far from their best but grinded it out. It was also good to see the refs not gift Columbus some penalties in typical game management style.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
IMO that is a tribute to the guys here who have accepted us as fans. From the start I felt welcome here which isn't always the case for a female sports fan on a message board, chat, etc.

So go ahead guys & give yourselves a pat on the back! :bow:
To me it is more a tribute to the women. We are not afraid to stand up and let our hockey voice be heard!

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The East has the more quality teams, but, that being said, right now I would declare Winnipeg has the best team in the NHL. Of course, that is subject to change.

"For a 26th straight game, the Winnipeg Jets allowed three goals or fewer on Tuesday in their 4-2 triumph over the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning.

And in those 26 games, the Jets have scored 90 goals, a 3.46 goals-per-game average.

I’m not very proficient in mathematics, but when you’re scoring more than you allow, you’re likely to win more than you lose.

Case in point: The Jets improved to 19-5-2 since that streak began in Arizona on Nov. 4.

That’s the best record in the NHL since."

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad