Post-Game Talk: GAME 36 - BRUINS 4 - CBJ 1

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Keep these lines together. Everyone seems to be gelling.

Good win. Battled a lot but good teams put behind them bad periods and come out and turn the tires the next period. The Bruins did that. Everyone is putting in the work. So when we see uncharacteristic mistakes, of course people will notice. Carlo tonight had some, but he recovered and that's all you can ask for. Lohrei's lip... good golly. I hope they can fix that thing. Poor kid got in the ringer tonight. Tough kid though.

PP 2 need to be the #1 PP for a few games. They don't around. They get right to the point. Gotta love that. Good win. Goodbye, Columbus Zoo!

You already know the drill!
giphy.gif

Cue the music!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Merkulov in for Beecher at 4C and that line definitely had better numbers and spent less time in its own zone compared to the last few games. But it's Columbus so probably can't read too much into that. Good effort though, expect we'll see the same combo against the Pens, that will be a more usable test.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I always wonder if there’s another place like this?

I mean I’m sure they exist….but I mean with the volume this place has.

It varies by team. Predictably the Leafs board certainly looks very busy, obviously for a team like Columbus not so much. Ours would have to be in the top 5. Someone like @Fenway or @Gee Wally could probably give you some kind of stats in terms of the volume of posts and views per board.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It varies by team. Predictably the Leafs board certainly looks very busy, obviously for a team like Columbus not so much. Ours would have to be in the top 5. Someone like @Fenway or @Gee Wally could probably give you some kind of stats in terms of the volume of posts and views per board.
@Aussie Bruin

Toronto is a universe in itself

We are the busiest US-based board but Montreal is ahead of us

Rangers are right behind us

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I always wonder if there’s another place like this?

I mean I’m sure they exist….but I mean with the volume this place has.
Lol if you're ever up late late and look at the boards where it shows the amount of members viewing... Bruins board is pretty much always over 100 members viewing even at 2am edt. Around that same time usually TB and FLA have about 10 viewing.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The East has the more quality teams, but, that being said, right now I would declare Winnipeg has the best team in the NHL. Of course, that is subject to change.
Jets have heavy defense for most part ( Pionk DeMelo, Dillon) & benefit from players not willing to pay the price shift in shift out .I will watch them in playoffs with intrigue to see if opponents game changes with more at stake .

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The East has the more quality teams, but, that being said, right now I would declare Winnipeg has the best team in the NHL. Of course, that is subject to change.
I thought Winnipeg looked to be the best team the Bruins have faced this season.

That said, I thought the Oilers and Flames were the best the prior two seasons, so caveat emptor.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Lol if you're ever up late late and look at the boards where it shows the amount of members viewing... Bruins board is pretty much always over 100 members viewing even at 2am edt. Around that same time usually TB and FLA have about 10 viewing.

A lot of factors involved

Some markets had dedicated message boards to their city or team, several NHL clubs had their own message boards

In some markets the NHL team is the least popular - Washington is a good example.

For the most part traffic on HF reflects national TV ratings in both countries. The biggest fanbase in the NHL is NOT Toronto, it is Poutineville when you include Francophones.

The Bruins have the largest fanbase in the US but Detroit is the sleeping giant.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Jvr, Heinen and Frederic did not start well, but sure finished up well. Good game from Ully.

I am concerned about our D corps though. With the exception of Shatty, none of them look healthy or right.. 73 can't shoot or pass with any force. (I suspect a shoulder or wrist injury.) 27 looked slow again, and 25 is mostly on planet X, making baffling turnovers. Grz is Grz for better and worse.
Yet somehow tbey only allowed one goal. Hmm

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It is feeling more that the slump they went through before Christmas was just that, a slump. While they weren't quite as energized last night as in the three games prior, they still did exactly how much was needed. They will need to play like that with the brutal schedule coming up.

Good road win! I love JVR, never thought I would be posting that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad