Pre-Game Talk: Game 36 7:07 PM - THE BEAR returns to gritty South Philly - NESNplus, SN360, 98.5 WBZ-FM,

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Oh I agree. But I think angry Bergy really helps the team. The whole team needs to play angry. I hope the return of KILLER helps too. We all know he adds an edge on that back line. I am very excited to see Swayman.
Love that Miller is back, but I just hope he gets through this game Injury free. I'll probably be wincing everytime he gets hit

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins 2 goalies tonight have a combined 4 games experience, 4 for Vladar and 0 for Swayman.

That has to be tops for lowest amount of starts by any 2 goalies ever.

Rask has 551 regular season games played and 93 playoff games played = 644 total
Halak has 537 regular season games plyaed and 39 playoff games played = 576 total

For a total of 1220 games played

That is 305 times more games played then the 2 rookies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Is that surprising consider Lauzon's 2nd most common d-partner is Clifton? Lets be honest, Lauzon isn't a guy whose going to carry a d-pairing and Clifton is just a younger version of Kampfer.
I don't think Clifton is any version of Kampfer. Steve K is a very good extra D who IMO should be playing over Cliffy. He has some offensive ability and seems like a smart player.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't think Clifton is any version of Kampfer. Steve K is a very good extra D who IMO should be playing over Cliffy. He has some offensive ability and seems like a smart player.

For me their both extra d that are not guys you should be leaning on as everyday players. Both are smaller in size, have some offense to their game, but again not guys who should be playing everyday.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I am not a fan of sitting Kampfer. I would have sat Cliffy first. The kid defensemen need some steady hands/heads to help them along. That's where Kampfer & Killer come in. Tinordi too.

Ya saw a handful of passes from Cliffy last night that were in spots his teammates could do nothing with and it led to turnovers.

Reactions: lopey

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
For me their both extra d that are not guys you should be leaning on as everyday players. Both are smaller in size, have some offense to their game, but again not guys who should be playing everyday.
Right but when you are down players Kampfer fits in well and doesn't make a bunch of careless plays.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Bruins 2 goalies tonight have a combined 4 games experience, 4 for Vladar and 0 for Swayman.

Rask has 551 regular season games played and 93 playoff games played = 644 total
Halak has 537 regular season games plyaed and 39 playoff games played = 576 total

I believe earlier this season the Kings rolled into a game with two goalies that had never played a single game in the NHL.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I like Clifton when hes physical. He can deal out some nice hits. Carrys the puck pretty good as well. Quick release, terrible aim. Has brain farts in his own end sometimes.

Nonetheless its down to our offense. Scoring 7 one night then fighting to just getting two vs one of the leagues worst defensive teams was painful to watch.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I thought the next game was tomorrow.

3 people I work with have come down with COVID. They sent the folks in manufacturing home to get tested and quarantine.

I work in the office area so I am still here.

sigh. I will be happy when more normal times return.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

I believe earlier this season the Kings rolled into a game with two goalies that had never played a single game in the NHL.

Following up - The Kings started Grosenick a couple weeks ago, who had played in 2 games in 2014. His backup was Villata, a prospect call-up with no NHL experience. So we effectively have double the NHL experience they had for that game.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I thought the next game was tomorrow.

3 people I work with have come down with COVID. They sent the folks in manufacturing home to get tested and quarantine.

I work in the office area so I am still here.

sigh. I will be happy when more normal times return.
A couple weeks ago we had TWELVE guys out with Covid.

Looking forward to better days.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
crazy to think we've used 12 D a year after losing Krug and Chara and we are on goalie number 4 while still in playoff position.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I am not a fan of sitting Kampfer. I would have sat Cliffy first. The kid defensemen need some steady hands/heads to help them along. That's where Kampfer & Killer come in. Tinordi too.

Kampfer has been better than expected for the most part. I'm completely ok with him playing the 5/6 role for now

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino