Pre-Game Talk: Game 36 7:07 PM - THE BEAR returns to gritty South Philly - NESNplus, SN360, 98.5 WBZ-FM,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Vladar's learning how tough it is to be a Bruins goalie. He's been mostly stellar, very impressive. Curious to see Swayman, but it's probably premature to play him unless they really have no choice, and this is a massive game in the context of the season. So it's Dan's net. Hopefully he can handle the b2b ok and the team better give him more support this time - he deserves it.

It will be tough, I hope he can do it.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I like Lauzon.

Will never drive a pairing but the perfect sidekick.

Plays tough. Good PKer.

I understand that a job of a NHL defenseman is a very specific and tough one. I got to witness a KHL playoff game, sitting right there on ice level, there is zero to none time and place to react, make a play there, now on to the NHL where you are under even more pressure and way less space to operate - so hard. Always sat in upper rows in the NHL arenas.

I always wondered if D men like Lauzon for example would benefit from playing C or winger for few weeks in the off season just to mix things up a little, maybe spark a reaction in brains to even slightly upgrade hockey IQ. But then again his entire development process is so advanced that it's probably useless to think that would do anything. And do we really want him to become maybe too fancy, don't want to say creative, and move on from the simple game that is probably best suited for him.

Random thinking.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Reading in the Athletic the other day, scouts from the league aren't a huge fan of his, bring up pretty good points...I hope you're right.

Meh, I'm sure you talk to enough scouts from the league and you'll find some that like a guy and some that don't. Not sure what points they made as I refuse to pay to read the Athletic, but I'm sure there are things in his game that need work. 23yr old w/ 56 NHL games under his belt, I don't expect him to be polished at all.

Reactions: TwineTickler

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
6119-B500-035-D-44-BA-A17-D-480-F746-F8-A01.jpg

f***in Bruins owe me $836

Why, did the Bruins bet?

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Kampfer is a seventh d at best and has no place in the starting lineup unless people are injured. Clifton, Zboril, and Lauzon were fine before getting injured. They all just need more time to develop and get their skates back underneath them. It does the Bruins no good to have those guys in the lodge.
I agree that a healthy Lauzon belongs as a starter but he isn’t healthy.

I don’t like Zboril at all - to me he plays too nervous and forces passes that he shouldn’t.

I also don’t like Clifton when he thinks he is McAvoy. He needs to play a simpler game.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Yeah Curtis Lazar was great for team Canada too.

Lauzon looks good with McAvoy, because, well who doesn't. He does look good with Carlo killing penalties though for sure.
Lauzon did look very good on the PK with Carlo though. That is a very effective PK duo

Reactions: LouJersey

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
for tonites d i would go
lauzon mcavoy
gryz clifton
zboril miller

abviously whem carlo gets ba k he goes in for cliffy

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
The main problem with the D right now besides Mac/Gryz and Kamper no one skates with the puck in transition. Its all all chip or pass first. Sometimes just taking a few strides will open lanes, Bruins have been simply chipping up the wall to waiting opposition players.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
The main problem with the D right now besides Mac/Gryz and Kamper no one skates with the puck in transition. Its all all chip or pass first. Sometimes just taking a few strides will open lanes, Bruins have been simply chipping up the wall to waiting opposition players.
THIS. There is no transition game to speak of. And we wonder why we can't score 5 on 5.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
These Philly games are essentially playoff games at this point with how close the standings are for the final seed. Bruins definitely didn't have a playoff mentality yesterday. They need to bring it today.

Reactions: sooshii

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Don't ruin another kids debut again boys. Pasta and Bergy should know better. No stopping on plays, Pasta. No dumb shots Bergy. Play with a purpose. Play like you WANT to win from the moment the puck drops. No excuses. Just win.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I'm so glad someone else has noticed this! The defensemen seem to think they only have the 2 options- either I chip it out or pass it out, I can't/mustn't carry it out. If one of them would just carry the puck out even a little way it would force their opponent to react which would open it up for the dman to continue forward with the puck or make the pass to the open man or yes, chip it out. Right now everyone knows Bruins defensemen will either chip it out or pass it out & that's all. Need to keep the opponent reacting to what you're doing, you can't remain predictable!

Sure it might take some practice and cost some ugly turnovers at times but as it stands now what do they have to lose? Except for the first pairing they keep getting hemmed into their own end :dunno:

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Colorado certainly have two studs in Makar and Girard. Byram should also be good.

But I take McAvoy over any of these and he tilt the ice Bruins way on this question.

Like you said, Bruins have a top #1, two 2nd pair and plenty of improving depth D. This is why they survived the plethora of injuries they got.

12D played.

They may be a 4th G tonight.

Many F out too.

Great top skills and depth.

No wonder the Bruins will again be a tough out in a best of 7 and a favorite to get out of the division.

Im missing the great top skills part. This team can’t score, especially forwards 4-12 and I don’t see this team as the favorite to make it out of the division. I think they can for sure though with some additions

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines and OV

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Hard Pass
While I understand your skepticism about watching the Bruins with the way things have looked lately , the Bruins would have to be playing like the Sabres in order for me to tune them out . Without hockey to watch there is a Grand Canyon like void as far as my entertainment goes . I’m not much of a movie or show guy anymore .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad