Pre-Game Talk: Game 36 7:07 PM - THE BEAR returns to gritty South Philly - NESNplus, SN360, 98.5 WBZ-FM,

Status
Not open for further replies.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Based on what ? Senyshyn playing over him and now Wagner ?

Look at how they have used Bjork he is a left shot ,that Butch prefers to play on the left side . IMO Butch is not Pro Bjork as a result , he may have more value in a trade than he has on the team sitting frequently being benched frequently during games . If the coach has no confidence in the player and other teams see Bjork has more value than how he is used by Boston ,he becomes valuable in a trade. To me the trading of Bjork falls squarely on Butch. Bjork is signed for three years at a reasonable rate.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I’m PVRing this one. It’s been a long time since I’ve been so pumped about a prospect. Swayman is going to be awesome in this league. I’m predicting shut out. He’s primed to pull off a Ken Dryden and take us all the way. When your going to dream, make it big!

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I’m PVRing this one. It’s been a long time since I’ve been so pumped about a prospect. Swayman is going to be awesome in this league. I’m predicting shut out. He’s primed to pull off a Ken Dryden and take us all the way. When your going to dream, make it big!
I don’t follow the prospects . Is Swayman more highly touted than Vladar ?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don’t follow the prospects . Is Swayman more highly touted than Vladar ?
not really...

Vladar and to a lesser extent, Keyser, are the two that have more polish.... Keyser just has been battling concussion issues and has shown flashes of brillance...when given the opportunity.

it's like any rookie at any level... it may take a while to adjust....and in this era.... basically, the speed of the game is faster....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yes. Swayman has always been touted as the next franchise goalie. They love Vladar too.

We are damn lucky to have both
agree, with the sentiment, but I don't consider Swayman a franchise G, IF that were true, then Swayman immediately plays here after signing here, not assigned to Providence.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
agree, with the sentiment, but I don't consider Swayman a franchise G, IF that were true, then Swayman immediately plays here after signing here, not assigned to Providence.
He signed right after his team was eliminated from the tournament like a number of players have and then was sent to Providence. Goalies need seasoning. They don't just get tossed into the fire unless your team is already in the tank and angling for a top 5 pick.

I've seen a number of people say he's looked at as the future franchise goalie but time will tell.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Give me a break with the Bergy knows better shit. No one knows what he saw on the ice at that time that led him to make the shot and it was shit luck that he fell at the blue line.

People are acting like he does this constantly. Shit happens.

You want to point fingers for the loss last night, point it at the entire team for collapsing after allowing them to tie it up.

Bergy messed up last night. That's a fact. Just like Pasta did. It's uncommon for Bergy to make mistakes. That is why it's being polarized right now. Yes, it happens, but that poor excuse of a shot was laughable. It was a bad play. I'm sure he knows it. We can call him out on it, just like we have been calling out the other players too. He's not immune to criticism. It's going to be worse because he never makes these mistakes. It's okay. Shit happens. Fact is. He messed up and that's the truth. He knows it. Now he will respond tonight and all will be forgiven.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

That 4th line could potentially be a nightmare. Would rather keep Kuhlman on it, and keep Wagner on the bench. With him in they're so much slower create a lot less energy.

id swap lauzon and gryz. lauzon needs to be with a stud partner

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bergy messed up last night. That's a fact. Just like Pasta did. It's uncommon for Bergy to make mistakes. That is why it's being polarized right now. Yes, it happens, but that poor excuse of a shot was laughable. It was a bad play. I'm sure he knows it. We can call him out on it, just like we have been calling out the other players too. He's not immune to criticism. It's going to be worse because he never makes these mistakes. It's okay. Shit happens. Fact is. He messed up and that's the truth. He knows it. Now he will respond tonight and all will be forgiven.
I have no issue with criticizing Bergy but to say he knew better was poor word choice.

Again, he obviously thought he saw an opening and for whatever reason took the ill advised shot and had it bite him in the ass.

I suspect we might see a rather pissed off Bergeron tonight. I just hope he doesn't try to be superman tonight to make up for it.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I have no issue with criticizing Bergy but to say he knew better was poor word choice.

Again, he obviously thought he saw an opening and for whatever reason took the ill advised shot and had it bite him in the ass.

I suspect we might see a rather pissed off Bergeron tonight. I just hope he doesn't try to be superman tonight to make up for it.

Oh I agree. But I think angry Bergy really helps the team. The whole team needs to play angry. I hope the return of KILLER helps too. We all know he adds an edge on that back line. I am very excited to see Swayman.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I hope Lauzon plays much better.
He was terrible last night has not been the same player since he came back from his injury.
His lateral movement and skating has regressed from the beginning of the year.

He missed almost a month because of that injury & that definitely had an impact on his play. You can't expect a rookie who's still figuring things out to just resume playing at the level he was prior to being hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad